BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Now then. How does this fella get back into the side after today?

My gut feeling is that he will walk straight back in and Cairney will be pushed out wide again and we revert to being "solid".

Hope not.

• Backroom

Williamson should play most matches, with Lowe coming in when Williamson is injured or unfit. When Evans is fit the order should be Evans>Williamson>Lowe.

Get the feeling Jason will be back in the starting line up straight away though.

• Backroom

Now then. How does this fella get back into the side after today?

My gut feeling is that he will walk straight back in and Cairney will be pushed out wide again and we revert to being "solid".

Hope not.

Easy get out for the manager, I imagine he will want to bring him back in but will play the same team against City and then bring him back the next game after we get battered

Williamson should play most matches, with Lowe coming in when Williamson is injured or unfit. When Evans is fit the order should be Evans>Williamson>Lowe.

Get the feeling Jason will be back in the starting line up straight away though.

I didn't see the match today. I would agree that we play Williamson or Lowe (unless we are playing a team with a particularly strong midfield. However - IMO Williamson is far too slow and weak - his distribution is marginally better than Lowe - but personally I would prefer the additional physicality and pace that Lowe brings when playing alongside Cairney.

I thought Lowe did well today and got better as the game went on. He seemed to be playing further up the field, although he covered a lot of ground.

No poor performances from anyone today really.

Lowe was fantastic today. End of story. Shurrup!

Just a pity he didnt fall asleep and lose focus for City's goal, otherwise Rovers could have been through to the next round with City out of the way. For his failings though hes got to play in the return leg and be given his chance to redeem himself.

Just a pity he didnt fall asleep and lose focus for City's goal, otherwise Rovers could have been through to the next round with City out of the way.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Had City not taken the lead, we might not have scored ourselves. Butterfly effect.

Just a pity he didnt fall asleep and lose focus for City's goal, otherwise Rovers could have been through to the next round with City out of the way. For his failings though hes got to play in the return leg and be given his chance to redeem himself.

Bit unlucky that. Difficult to watch the ball whilst the man you are marking is peeling off backwards and whilst two others are wrestling each other in between. Credit to Negredo for finding that space. Massive credit too to Rudy Gestede for swatting a desperately grappling Lescott away whilst retaining his balance, momentum and focus. Not easy that, Lescott is a big unit and massively experienced. It's something that I haven't seen from a centre fwd since you know who.

This is what I find annoying about your obsession with having a go at Lowe at every opportunity. Why not blame the person marking Dzeko - without his header they wouldn't have scored ? Even better - why not have a go at the linesman for not picking up the offside ?

Over the game Lowe had a good match - and contributed to yet another good team performance (unlike others I think we have been building towards this - starting with Birmingham, followed up by Leeds - with Evans to come back things are looking really positive just need a bit of luck with injuries and referees (how many penalties could we have had yesterday))

Bit unlucky that. Difficult to watch the ball whilst the man you are marking is peeling off backwards and whilst two others are wrestling each other in between. Credit to Negredo for finding that space. Massive credit too to Rudy Gestede for swatting a desperately grappling Lescott away whilst retaining his balance, momentum and focus. Not easy that, Lescott is a big unit and massively experienced. It's something that I haven't seen from a centre fwd since you know who.

Dann fails to win the header from the cross, surprise, surprise. Then poor Jason gets caught ball watching which you'd say is unfortunate but these guys keep getting caught out time and time again.

Dann fails to win the header from the cross, surprise, surprise. Then poor Jason gets caught ball watching which you'd say is unfortunate but these guys keep getting caught out time and time again.

Dzeko cost 28 million and Negredo 18 million. On the other hand Dann 1.5 million and Lowe for nowt. Cut them some slack. Dann scored the equaliser ffs! There is a reason those two are at the top of the pile and our two are playing in the championship.

btw... Do you think Peter Schmeichel and Gary Pallister were crap just cos the British record signing Alan Shearer banged those two past him at Ewood? You get what you pay for.

Dzeko cost 28 million and Negredo 18 million. On the other hand Dann 1.5 million and Lowe for nowt. Cut them some slack. Dann scored the equaliser ffs! There is a reason those two are at the top of the pile and our two are playing in the championship.

btw... Do you think Peter Schmeichel and Gary Pallister were crap just cos the British record signing Alan Shearer banged those two past him at Ewood? You get what you pay for.

Isnt the whole objective to be competing against these guys on a regular basis with the aim to beat them at football.

Good honest competitor... As I said re the Keith Andrews times.. It's not the players fault, he is what he is so people shouldn't get on his back...

It's the managers decision to play him... If he plays ahead of Evans then there's a problem but right now if put him ahead of Williamson for the holding midfielder role...

Just think the cheaper makelele :)

Archived