BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

“He’s a real fit lad, a box-to-box player, and he’s one of the first people I’d have on my team-sheet."

“He’s a shining light to any up-and-coming footballer to look at because of the dedication he’s got.”

“He’s at home in the centre of midfield but as you saw at Wigan and against Middlesbrough, he quite easily fits in at centre-half – and I think he’s a top player at right-back myself. “So it wouldn’t surprise me if Premier League clubs are watching his progress."

Dunn is only saying what is obvious to most. Lowe has been awarded MOTM the last three home games I think. Credit where it is due, as the kid is working hard and improving all the time.

Can only think that the club through Dunny are simply trying to alert other clubs about Jason Lowe.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've yet to be impressed by Lowe.

I've either found him frustrating or nondescript.

I imagine he's the kind of player that pros love. Does the ugly stuff. But it's not anything that fans can really get excited by. We really need a genuinely creative player alongside him.

I imagine he's the kind of player that pros love. Does the ugly stuff. But it's not anything that fans can really get excited by. We really need a genuinely creative player alongside him.

If he could turn with the ball in tight situations and play more forward passes then he'd do for me. As he currently is.... No thanks !

Can only think that the club through Dunny are simply trying to alert other clubs about Jason Lowe.

Perhaps Dunny is trying out for a career after his playing days are over , he's seen how easy it is to "get real" and make money off field , perhaps he's taking the lead hoping that his past support of good old keano will put him in a good position to become one of Jerome's minions in the future.

Dunn the football agent ? mind you can see him getting a wrist injury or two signing those contracts. :)

• Backroom

Yep, Lowe's best games are when you don't notice he's playing. Not a player you can rely on to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, but good enough as long as better players are around him and also playing well.

• 4 weeks later...

Jason is getting a mixed review on JR's thread, and he has his own. I thought he was solidish Sat, he's in GB's first team, and he is someone he seems to trust. He isn't a flair player, I hope most would agree, but he has an engine. I'm not a critic, and although he frustrates, on occasions, we tick over. We are a very different beast from Sam's days. Jason is here to stay.

It seems that almost all folk judge a player purely about what they do with ball. Well Without wanting to the state the bleeding obvious - no team has the possession of the ball all the time, so good teams have a mix of players that are better with and without the ball I.e. a balance of strengths that compliment each other.

Jason may be mediocre with the ball and in the long run that will limit his career but he is in my opinion the best player by far that we have in our squad when the team does not have the ball. The protection he gives our centre halves is immense and at set plays often man marks the most threatening attacker leaving Dann and Hanley to concentrate on winning the ball.

But hey, sod that kind of teamwork and self sacrifice, let's just concentrate on who can dribble round three players, do a couple of step overs and has a nice haircut.

Sometimes I do wonder if people on here have ever actually watched a game ( never mind played a game) for a full 90 mins, and not just concentrating or remembering the glory bits when we have the ball.

• Backroom

Missed a sitter at 0-0 today.

So did Jordan, and Dunny and others!

End of the day we won thanks to good work from Dunn a great finish but Rhodes and a solid defensive display (I imagine)

Everyone seems to have done their jobs

Although after seeing Yeovil before I reckon I could play defensive midfield against them

For me, Lowe is very very slowly improving and I think that's mainly down to him gaining more confidence.

Last time I saw him he passed the ball forwards much more and broke up play in midfield well.

Bless you....................... are you a friend or family ?

Fine thank you.

One a day when we have scored a good away victory I just wondered why you chose to have another unnecessary pop at his player - unless you have chemical imbalance in your cranium that causes you to do so.

Fine thank you.

One a day when we have scored a good away victory I just wondered why you chose to have another unnecessary pop at his player - unless you have chemical imbalance in your cranium that causes you to do so.

It was a timing thing, Jim. You had to be there. There was a whole sub-narrative and everything - shame you missed it. :)

Goodness only knows how with so many on his back most of the time.

Twas ever thus. Its almost like some fans want him to play badly to justify their jaundiced view of him. Yesterday was another really good performance from him and the way he celebrated at the end was proof of how much this club means to him. In my opinion he is an early contender for player of the season. I would wager that a straw poll amongst the players would have him near the top of that list too.

Goodness only knows how with so many on his back most of the time.

He doesn't get much audible stick in match days. A bit like Rhodes in that respect.

Gestede has had more grief than either of them out in the 'real world'.

The thing about Lowe is----it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of him, Bowyer obviously rates him highly because he picks him to start EVERY GAME! So, in that sense, the thread is pointless.

Well, only if any thread whatsoever about player selection is pointless. Which rules out a hell of a lot of threads and posts.

Archived