BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles losing Eddie Howe to Bournemouth?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ght f,6 fick it

Joking aside, the objectionable person that Kean is, we are about to see from a football perspective who is willing to pick up his reigns at our circus and given the same scenario see how they perform. We will only then be able to determine if Kean was merely a symptom and if the disease still remains or not.

That said Kean is still a twohat!

I think Howe has cited personal reasons for leaving? He's a southerner so perhaps that may have something to do with it. That having been said, if Howe wants a career as a manager/coach there are no guarantees that there will be jobs in his cosy corner of the south.

I just find it a bit odd that he would leave a Championship club for one a league below even if it is a club that he has strong connections with. Cant say much for Burnley's current standing in the game.

I wouldn't even wish Kean on Burnley.

I never want to see the guy stood on the touchline at a professional football match ever again.

Well I certainly would, maybe Nicko can put in a good word for him. Worked for Coyle.

The overwhelming feeling in Dingle Land is 'fair enough'. Eddie was a likeable guy, fairly competent but isn't exactly irreplaceable. And our defence has been fairly toss for the last 12 months.

I don't think for a minute our board would now turn to Coyle... so expect him to be unveiled on Monday.

I think this is your best ever posting on this site.

There is no chance that Coyle would go back to Burnley. I think this would be due to the animosity between the board and Coyle when he left, which is still fractured. Also, Burnley have far less money then they had when Coyle was there first time around, largely due to the failure of their director's companies.

I would also not want to see Steve Kean in the job either. From his position, he would be able to snipe at us all the time. I just want him out of my life for good and hope he gets a job at Paisley McDonalds.

There is no chance that Coyle would go back to Burnley. I think this would be due to the animosity between the board and Coyle when he left, which is still fractured. Also, Burnley have far less money then they had when Coyle was there first time around, largely due to the failure of their director's companies.

I would also not want to see Steve Kean in the job either. From his position, he would be able to snipe at us all the time. I just want him out of my life for good and hope he gets a job at Paisley McDonalds.

What have the poor folks of Paisley ever done to you - imagine Kean dribbling into their Big Macs!!! Nobody deserves that

New advertising slogan then, lip lickin good.

• Moderation Lead

I can only assume (if it hasn't been confirmed already) that this is for personal reasons i.e Howe's family living down there still, while he has been exiled in the North West...

Great isn't it, just when they think they're getting the better of us, disaster is always lurking just around the corner for the land that time forgot LoL

Disaster? We got compensation for a manager it was increasingly looking like we'd have to sack. For me it was a win all round, Eddie gets to go back home, all sorts of issues for him. Don't think he settled up North, his wife and new child were back home, his mum sadly passed recently, a few other stories doing the rounds. We get the chance to get somebody in who can sort out the defensive mess (though we won't, it will be a bargain basement appointment) and Bournemouth get the return of the prodigal.

Every Burnley fan I know is going to get the ribbing of their lives if they re-employ Coyle after the stick they gave him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's bookies favourite already, lol!

http://www.oddscheck...rmanent-manager

Would half love him to come back but also half worried that he lost a bit of magic when he walked last time. If he'd consider it (he won't) and our board would (they won't) then I'd be happy to give it another go, was a magic couple of years. I once forgave my wife for cheating on me, I can certainly forgive Coyle (that said it didn;t work out and ended in a very acrimonious split but it was worth if for the short term benefits :-) )

You're looking at it from our point of view. Burnley fans would be happy to stay in the league, not get promoted.

Coyle was there for longer than just the good half season you talk about. Remember he gave them an excellent season in the championship as well, only the year after he arrived, got them promoted and in their first home game beat Manchester United. It was fairytale stuff for them. Who knows if he'd have kept them up but you can't deny Burnley and Coyle were an excellent fit. His record for them as manager was excellent.

He went from that to trying to shape a Megson team.

Exactly, with hindsight he jumped to early, should have waited until the summer and would have still had plenty of admirers.

It is becoming a Lancashire merry go round ..

If Coyle does go back to Burnley (there is every chance ) they will in my opinion become much stronger than they were under Howe ..

Coyles move to Bolton was odd , he wanted to sign 2 loan players that the BFC board said no too.. The Bolton board said yes Wilkshire from Arsenal and some one from Man City cannot remember who ...So he joined Bolton !

Bolton for 2 years before were struggling to stay up , so it was not to surprising they did eventually go down .

As a Rovers fan , I am not sure Coyle returning to Burnley is good news ...He has galvanised them in the past !

As for Kean , I would be absolutely amazed if he resurfaced in the UK in any football capacity at all ...

Not sure that is entirely accurate, I believe the Wilshere loan was all lined up until he left.

I can only assume (if it hasn't been confirmed already) that this is for personal reasons i.e Howe's family living down there still, while he has been exiled in the North West...

See above, I suspect this is a large part of it. I'm also not sure he hasn't found himself a little out of his depth. He might have stepped up a little to early. Do think there's a good manager in there though, I think he'll be back at this level sooner or later - maybe with Bournemouth if that Russian investors opens his wallet wide.

In terms of replacement - no idea who but it will be a bargain basement job so lump on the likes of Appleton, Alexander and Unsworth. A few quid on us going down if you can get odds would be worth it to.

Why didn't Burnley tell Howe to move his family north ? If you give a man a job and pay him a big salary it's not asking much for him actually to live in the area. Kean was the same - wife and kids in Surrey while he hammered up and down the motorways for 3 years. Someone should tell these stupid people Lancashire is a much more pleasant place to live than the overcrowded, over-expensive south and for the wives the shopping experience in Blackburn and Burnley is second to none.

Irony it may be but some valid points. You don't have to live in the centre of Burnley or Blackburn Lots live Cheshire way, There's Barley, Roughlee, Langho, all sorts of incredibly beautiful and nice areas to live. Look at Holloway, really committed to the job. Found a school for his kids which was very important to him like all of us but did require some special consideration, and moved up - lives in a lovely house in Barley, you can see him regularly in the Pendle Inn.

I guess a lot of these blokes just don't wear the trousers at home :-).

Archived