BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

Agreed. I've always said give him a free role and he will be awesome for us. Anyway I'm happy his ability has been seen by Berg

On another note my son was born on Tueaday at 11:36. He's called Ruben Lee Walsh. He is a big un. He was 10lb 5oz!! Rovers newest supporter

Good effort pal, and partner of course!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Banned? It would be a disgrace if it happens.

I don't see the problem here, there are plenty of things the club could do to counter any team information being released should they wish to. IIRC there have been plenty of teams who have announced early team sheets in the past and it didn't have an impact in results, it's not all about specific personnel but the tactics.

Totally agree

If he was banned for it I'd request a ban for myself, pretty sure none of the admin or mods would want him banned at all but as Glenn said he and Ste may decide they don't want him posting it.

Personally I'd rather it was at his own discretion

MM wrote:Are you for real ?

For goodness sake, the points you make would have applied once Palace saw the team sheet at 2.00 pmish ! It doesn't take a minute to think a young inexperienced lad here, let's try him out !!!

Sorry, but all this is being overplayed.

You really don't see the point here when they see the team sheet at 2pm yes they would see the young guy at RB and yes they could switch wingers but when Berg sees a pattern he could do something about it at the time to offer young Henley some protection and not give them an advantage but if they know before hand they have a small advantage at the beginning of the match to get at a possible weak link and as you should know a team who scores early has something to hold onto and many teams at this level who score early usually are able to see out a game at the end of the day we are looking to get promoted we do not need to be giving the opposition any help especially when the first goal is vital. I agree with you though if it is proved Aggers knows Alan Nixon and is feeding him info this guy needs removing wouldn't surprise me as Aggers was the traitors biggest ally and we all know Nicko's thoughts on the traitor lets hope the right guy is made the fall guy next week. Also another point Aggers is the PR guy surely he should have been aware this article was coming out and should have sorted this out hopefully now it is proved and he is given the boot as I will be totally honest here I have never liked Agnew he has always come across as a crook supporting the traitor when we could see he was using his influence to continue in the job and everytime I see Agnews face he has the look of someone who is a crook.

Banned? It would be a disgrace if it happens.

I don't see the problem here, there are plenty of things the club could do to counter any team information being released should they wish to. IIRC there have been plenty of teams who have announced early team sheets in the past and it didn't have an impact on results, it's not all about specific personnel but the tactics.

The club is being quite frankly pathetic on this issue.

Pathetic? Whats pathetic about not wanting the opposition to see your tactics? I honestly don't understand why people think this doesn't have any effect. Surely Berg is the best person out of all of us to judge that as an actual football manager, and he thinks its a problem. The point is in a multi-million pound sport where everything is as fine-tuned as it gets, its an unnecessary and stupid advantage to give the opposition, however small or infrequently used it might be.

Blackburn Rovers for me ranks as about 50-100 billion (rough guess) times more important than rover4good's attempts at gaining popularity and attention. Obviously happy to leave it to Glenn and co, I was just surprised up until then nobody seemed to even think this needed sorting.

MM wrote:Are you for real ?

For goodness sake, the points you make would have applied once Palace saw the team sheet at 2.00 pmish ! It doesn't take a minute to think a young inexperienced lad here, let's try him out !!!

Sorry, but all this is being overplayed.

You really don't see the point here when they see the team sheet at 2pm yes they would see the young guy at RB and yes they could switch wingers but when Berg sees a pattern he could do something about it at the time to offer young Henley some protection and not give them an advantage but if they know before hand they have a small advantage at the beginning of the match to get at a possible weak link and as you should know a team who scores early has something to hold onto and many teams at this level who score early usually are able to see out a game at the end of the day we are looking to get promoted we do not need to be giving the opposition any help especially when the first goal is vital. I agree with you though if it is proved Aggers knows Alan Nixon and is feeding him info this guy needs removing wouldn't surprise me as Aggers was the traitors biggest ally and we all know Nicko's thoughts on the traitor lets hope the right guy is made the fall guy next week. Also another point Aggers is the PR guy surely he should have been aware this article was coming out and should have sorted this out hopefully now it is proved and he is given the boot as I will be totally honest here I have never liked Agnew he has always come across as a crook supporting the traitor when we could see he was using his influence to continue in the job and everytime I see Agnews face he has the look of someone who is a crook.

I haven't always seen eye to eye with Paul Agnew myself, but please don't call him a crook!

Personally, its a lot of fluff and bluster over nothing. Fan watches training games and posts suspected team on the internet isn't exactly news, but hey ho, Was rather good of whoever wrote the story to name check the site, traffic and signups shooting up on a no-news day was quite nice.

Glen I think a good compromise would be to warn him not to do it again and give him a warning but I think banning him seems a bit harsh that seems the best way forward at least then you have done the right thing and would be seen in the eyes of the club the right thing and last thing this site needs is to be in trouble with the club especially now Kamy and others on here have developed such a good working relationship with the club and good communication with Shebby, Sorry Glen yeah I know I should be more careful about calling anyone a crook it is just my opinion and after the way he defended Kean right to the end he has gone down in my estimation maybe in the upcoming weeks we could arrange him to appear on one of the podcasts and get Kamy to grill him with questions from members on here as he did excellent podcasts with Kean & Shebby respectively. Could turn out an absolute cracker!.

Early signs good as Berg makes mark at Blackburn Rovers

http://www.lancashir...rt/10034122._/?

I think Cryer has written this article far too early. Berg hasn't made his mark yet at the club, he's only been in the job for 5 minutes. Whilst the honesty has been quite refreshing from Berg, at the end of the day it's a results based business. If Berg doesn't pick up points then the fan base won't care if the guy is honest and straight to the point.

Shouldn't the guy be banned? If its bothering Berg enough to comment then I don't see why it should be tolerated by the number 1 supporters site. Its pretty much exactly what you'd expect a Burnley fan living in Brockhall would try and do.

Banned? Ffs.....should we also ban the dozens of us who asked for it each week? If you really had a problem with it you would have said so ages ago.......instead you're just trying to take the moral high ground now to make yourself look better.

He said about a week ago now that he's not going to do it again so end of discussion.

Banned? Ffs.....should we also ban the dozens of us who asked for it each week? If you really had a problem with it you would have said so ages ago.......instead you're just trying to take the moral high ground now to make yourself look better.

He said about a week ago now that he's not going to do it again so end of discussion.

Yeah, cause asking for a teamsheet gives the opposition a possible advantage doesn't it? No I wouldn't have said ages ago cause I didn't even know he was doing it, I find the whole ITK scene sad and pathetic and don't pay it an ounce of attention unless it actually spills out into the world normal fans inhabit. Prioritising my football club over free speech is the moral high ground? Haven't heard that one before. I'd say I'm taking the moral low ground because I'd rather Rovers not be tactically exposed than preserve rover4good's human rights (or whatever).

Fine, didn't know he'd said that, like I said most of the time I don't bother reading all that guff.

Pathetic? Whats pathetic about not wanting the opposition to see your tactics? I honestly don't understand why people think this doesn't have any effect. Surely Berg is the best person out of all of us to judge that as an actual football manager, and he thinks its a problem. The point is in a multi-million pound sport where everything is as fine-tuned as it gets, its an unnecessary and stupid advantage to give the opposition, however small or infrequently used it might be.

But according to you it shouldn't make a blind bit of difference because Berg's out of his depth anyway.

I haven't always seen eye to eye with Paul Agnew myself, but please don't call him a crook!

Personally, its a lot of fluff and bluster over nothing. Fan watches training games and posts suspected team on the internet isn't exactly news, but hey ho, Was rather good of whoever wrote the story to name check the site, traffic and signups shooting up on a no-news day was quite nice.

Oh well that's ok then isn't it ? The opposition gets a heads up but your precious website gets a few more hits.

Blackburn Rovers for me ranks as about 50-100 billion (rough guess) times more important than rover4good's attempts at gaining popularity and attention. Obviously happy to leave it to Glenn and co, I was just surprised up until then nobody seemed to even think this needed sorting.

It's pathetic because the club could quite easily do something about it. For example disguise the final part of the training session and notify the players who will play on the gameday (a lot of clubs do that). Instead they have decided to moan publicly about it, I suspect because someone (I think I know who) has told the club this is going on and that individual has overreacted.

Like I said earlier, even if the opposition got wind of the formation and what players are playing that doesn't necessarily mean that the tactics would become ineffective. There is a lot more to it then that. If Rovers find a winning formula with a set personnel then there are going to be times when we play the same formation and players for more than one game, that's what good sides do. It's more about which side on the day executes their plans better and counters what the opposition tries to do.

If you have a problem with it then that’s your prerogative.

Why would that stop it making a difference? Under a better manager I think we'd have been challenging for the top 2, under Berg we'll probably be challenging for the play-offs.

I now know you are speaking out of your arse, you simply cannot make a decision after two games, indeed, maybe worth asking around what the players think of Berg ;)

Whatever your/our thoughts, after two games, you simply cant make a judgement on a manager after two games, if this had happened, Fergie would have been long gone at United, kendal at Everton before they won the league etc.

• Backroom

Glen I think a good compromise would be to warn him not to do it again and give him a warning but I think banning him seems a bit harsh that seems the best way forward at least then you have done the right thing and would be seen in the eyes of the club the right thing and last thing this site needs is to be in trouble with the club especially now Kamy and others on here have developed such a good working relationship with the club and good communication with Shebby, Sorry Glen yeah I know I should be more careful about calling anyone a crook it is just my opinion and after the way he defended Kean right to the end he has gone down in my estimation maybe in the upcoming weeks we could arrange him to appear on one of the podcasts and get Kamy to grill him with questions from members on here as he did excellent podcasts with Kean & Shebby respectively. Could turn out an absolute cracker!.

No no no no no no no

So now he should have a warning now but last season and up until recently and it was absolutely fine? I don't recall one person moaning about it then

It's pathetic because the club could quite easily do something about it. For example disguise the final part of the training session and notify the players on the gameday (a lot of clubs do that). Instead they have decided to moan publicly about it, I suspect because someone (I think I know who) has told the club this is going on and that individual has overreacted.

Like I said earlier, even if the opposition got wind of the formation and what players are playing that doesn't necessarily mean that the tactics would become ineffective. There is a lot more to it then that. If Rovers find a winning formula with a set personnel then there are going to be times where we play the same formation and players for more than one game, that's what good sides do. It's more about which side on the day executes their plans better and counters what the opposition tries to do.

If you have a problem with it then that’s your prerogative.

Surely its a lot easier and insignificant to Rovers to get a fan to stop posting teams on the internet than it is to make the effort disguising part of our training sessions every week? Maybe Berg likes to give his players a day to psych themselves up mentally for what their role in the match is gonna be. As I said the point to me is that I honestly don't give a monkeys about rover4good's right to post teamsheets, and I do give a monkeys about Rovers. So however small the inconvenience to the club, I'd personally rather it was sorted out (which it apparently has been).

I now know you are speaking out of your arse, you simply cannot make a decision after two games, indeed, maybe worth asking around what the players think of Berg ;)

Whatever your/our thoughts, after two games, you simply cant make a judgement on a manager after two games, if this had happened, Fergie would have been long gone at United, kendal at Everton before they won the league etc.

As I've repeatedly said, I'm making the judgement on his past record. Maybe I will be wrong, but you either make an educated guess at these things or you completely stop talking about anything that hasn't yet happened. Going on his past record, we've hired an average manager, and in my opinion an average manager + a very good squad = roughly play-offs

Wouldn't surprise me if this stupidity is being used to cover-up something else.

like what? more rumours yet again.

BTW, I dont think Rovers4Good should be ban at all. he posted some info about team selections the day before games which Berg doesnt want leaked. that all. its a minor issue and nothing more. we need to move on and leave this issue alone now!

Berg has impress the team with his manner and his style of man management. Kamy has said this on twitter yesterday.

sorry Tom it came out wrong what I meant was R4G should just be advised not to do it again I warnings and bannings seems a bit harsh but a quiet word to not do it again is probably the best way forward as it has quite obviously upset Berg. Glenn how about it podcast grilling of Agnew by Kamy?.

As I've repeatedly said, I'm making the judgement on his past record. Maybe I will be wrong, but you either make an educated guess at these things or you completely stop talking about anything that hasn't yet happened. Going on his past record, we've hired an average manager, and in my opinion an average manager + a very good squad = roughly play-offs

Do you do this with players as well? With Tugay the Rangers cast-off? Friedel and Warnock the Liverpool rejects? Ryan Nelsen?

Or do you give it enough time to make an informed opinion?

Archived