BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

For what it's worth I think you're doing the right thing by closing that account. Start another new one - clean slate and all that. If you carry on with the same user name there'll always be somebody out there ready to take a cheap shot.

What you shouldn't do is leave the forum!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess a good example of the element of surpise is when Sparky played Santa Cruz wide right to counteract Evra when we played United a few years back. Although leaking the starting line up wouldnt have given the game away, any hint at the formation woulhd have.

Not a real fan of spoilers. Although it was all done innocently in this case.

It's also incorrect. burnley can't take the kick off after scoring. The referee will lose patience and first start booking players, then start sending them off. This will eventually leave them with too few men, the game being abandoned and the 3 points being awarded to the opposition. It's another ill thought out diagram from the idiotic dingles. Possibly the work of new manager Sean Dick.

It's also incorrect. burnley can't take the kick off after scoring. The referee will lose patience and first start booking players, then start sending them off. This will eventually leave them with too few men, the game being abandoned and the 3 points being awarded to the opposition. It's another ill thought out diagram from the idiotic dingles. Possibly the work of new manager Sean Dick.

You have to take into account Burnleys real name Bob. Burnley Nil FC. Then it all makes sense

• Backroom

I'm very sorry for any harm caused and call me naive but just thought it would be good for the fans to know and i really didn't think it would have come to this.

I've asked the mods to remove my account and there will be no further information given by me on this forum.

My dads already bo*****ed me for this and told me to lay low for a while and hopefully people will accept that no malice was meant and that an error of judgement was made.

I love brfc and sorry again for any harm caused.

p.s. i'll still be cheering the boys on tomorrow :)

As others have said, I hope you change your mind. You haven't done anything wrong. The club are acting like total dicks over this, absolutely no need for this to be aired in public. A quiet word is all that was needed. But then, I wouldn't expect Rovers to handle anything in a dignified manner these days.

• Moderation Lead

I'm very sorry for any harm caused and call me naive but just thought it would be good for the fans to know and i really didn't think it would have come to this.

I've asked the mods to remove my account and there will be no further information given by me on this forum.

My dads already bo*****ed me for this and told me to lay low for a while and hopefully people will accept that no malice was meant and that an error of judgement was made.

How about you stop being a pr1ck and posting the line-up yeah?

How about you stop being a pr1ck and posting the line-up yeah?

There is no difference between what R4G has done and what so called ITK's post on here, or other places, about Rovers' managerial or player targets !

Pity others couldn't show some similar initiatives.

• Moderation Lead

how about you stop picking on the kid eh keyboard warrior ?

the kids done nothing wrong unlike some within the club...

Keyboard warrior?? Christ, do me a favour.

You've nothing to apologise for. Whoever grassed you up should be ashamed. I urge you to continue to post.

There is no difference between what R4G has done and what so called ITK's post on here, or other places, about Rovers' managerial or player targets !

Sure there is. R4G is right every time and doesn't talk a load of bull. :D

Anyway, this whole thing is ridiculous and Berg's stepping into Kean territory with those comments.

So, let me get this straight: R4G lives near Brockhall and has, by observing training sessions, guessed correctly what the line up will be on match day?? I don't understand what the crime is. It isn't like he is being given this info by the club and leaking it FFS; he is basically using observation, deduction and guesswork.

What is the world coming to?? This has been handled embarassingly (yet again) by the club. No need

Leave the poor lad/girl alone - he/she are already in enough trouble with Dad!!

Anyway, this whole thing is ridiculous and Berg's stepping into Kean territory with those comments.

Not wanting to hammer Berg at such an early stage in his Rovers career but I agree fully with Topman, this is just the kind of thing Kean would have come out with, EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES.

I wonder if the worst press officer in the premiership had anything to do with this story?

Like many have said, it would be a great shame if you were to leave the forum over this......the only one I remember taking an issue with it was Braddock but I suspect if we all disagreed with it, he would say it's doing no harm......apparently it only became an issue once it went on twitter so I genuinely blame the people who put it on there over you......a lot of the time, you were just responding to a request from another member anyway and the vast majority of us appreciated it.

Why are people blaming the club for it making the news? I might totally wrong here but surely most reporters follow Glen Mullen on twitter. The day before the match he tweeted: I see the team for tomorrow has been leaked again (or something along those lines). The reporter then looks into it, then at the next press conference asks Berg about it to which he'll more than likely reply "oh that doesn't help does it". Hey presto there's something to put in the paper!! You can't blame EVERYTHING on an inside job in the club

all berg has said is he doesnt want team selection and tactics leaking. surely this is the best for the club. not an excuse at all.

but I do agree that rovers could have dealt with this without going public about it!

personally hope Rovers4Good does keep posting on BRFCS.

Tbh, this is something every manager in Premier League/Championship would have complained at.

In the matchday programme at QPR Away last season, there was an article about someone at a QPR forum that leaked out the starting lineup days before a match.

Neil Warnock was furious, and wrote about it himself.

Archived