BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

I'm confused here; I thought R4G had already promised, if not necessarily on this thread, certainly on another thread on this Board, not to reveal again what he knows. If so, why are so many people still giving him grief?

Firstly, I didnt know this. Secondly, he is doing the right thing for not revealing the team before the team.

Also has anybody heard anymore about Berg's new assistant and which members of the current coaching staff are leaving???

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I echo Chaddys and most others thoughts R4G stop releasing our teams lineup you might not see it but you are giving the opposition an advantage and as we don't have the largest squad Henning is operating with 1 hand behind his back.

MM wrote:Rovers4good can certainly extract a 'kean' price for his silence !

The lad is doing nothing wrong, and absolutely within his rights, in taking in the view from his bedroom window and reporting on here what he thinks is going to happen.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between his behaviour and what lots and lots of journos get up to ?

Are you for real? Mercer can't you possibly see how much of an advantage that is too the opposition and you have to remember due to R4G revealing the lineup before the Palace game with them having the best winger at this level in Zaha imagine yourself in Henley's shoes has not played for a long time due to his age the boy is nervous about not making a mistake it gives Palace the opportunity to go at the young LB it's hard enough playing in such a difficult tough league without one of our own leaking the line up Mercer if you can't see that then I just give up Mercer it also gives the opposition the chance with being revealed early them to swap round wingers so their best winger can lineup against our nervous LB. At the end of the day R4G Berg has said to stop so just knock it on the head it's not clever and is not helping the team.

It gives the opposition time to swap round the wingers? That would take all of two seconds once the team sheet is announced

It's all something and nothing, if Kean complained about it we would be up in arms about looking for excuses, that's not a dig at Berg just an observation

I echo Chaddys and most others thoughts R4G stop releasing our teams lineup you might not see it but you are giving the opposition an advantage and as we don't have the largest squad Henning is operating with 1 hand behind his back.

MM wrote:Rovers4good can certainly extract a 'kean' price for his silence !

The lad is doing nothing wrong, and absolutely within his rights, in taking in the view from his bedroom window and reporting on here what he thinks is going to happen.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between his behaviour and what lots and lots of journos get up to ?

Are you for real? Mercer can't you possibly see how much of an advantage that is too the opposition and you have to remember due to R4G revealing the lineup before the Palace game with them having the best winger at this level in Zaha imagine yourself in Henley's shoes has not played for a long time due to his age the boy is nervous about not making a mistake it gives Palace the opportunity to go at the young LB it's hard enough playing in such a difficult tough league without one of our own leaking the line up Mercer if you can't see that then I just give up Mercer it also gives the opposition the chance with being revealed early them to swap round wingers so their best winger can lineup against our nervous LB. At the end of the day R4G Berg has said to stop so just knock it on the head it's not clever and is not helping the team.

Are you for real ?

For goodness sake, the points you make would have applied once Palace saw the team sheet at 2.00 pmish ! It doesn't take a minute to think a young inexperienced lad here, let's try him out !!!

Sorry, but all this is being overplayed.

Like me and others have mentioned, they spend all week coming up with a game-plan.....no way would a manager take a risk based on a rumour from a forum and alter his tactics accordingly.....the day before.

It's not like our line-up is impossible to predict anyway.....think of the Palace game......"alright lads, looks like they're going to be playing Orr at RB and Olsson at LB...neither are any good there and we can use our pace effectively".

"Oh wait, apparently a young lad who's quite fast called Henley is RB.....let's attack down the wings with Zaha and Bolassie because it's what we do every game anyway".

If Berg is unhappy then fine....but R4G has said he won't do it anymore anyway and we can just all absolutely pile-up his inbox with PM's from now on and he'll probably end up responding to each one haha.....although if I was him, I'd release fake ones just in case the other team does look it up, now it's all out in the open.

A further point, does anyone think that Nicko's article last Saturday was based upon what R4G posts on this MB.

As I included in an ealier post, I think Berg needs to look closer to home for leaks !

The mail article was written pretty light-heartedly, its been blown way out of proportion, it seems likely to me the main target of the article was brfcs in general, most likely another little one of Agnew's or singh/brags stunts(i cant imagine a rovers article that includes quotes getting released without Agnews or singhs input).

Quite some time since I came across the word 'sophistry' and it certainly wasn't on BRFCS !

However, as some have already pointed out, very much doubt the opposition are going to be scanning BRFCS ! Could you imagine if they concocted a game plan around information from a MB that proved incorrect - feckin hell, we are talking about football professionals.

If I was Berg, I would be more concerned about leaks far closer to home, within Brockhall, rather than R4G replicating James Bond !

It's very easy to underestimate people, friend. And dangerous at times.

Just heard for the first time today that Berg was interviewed and turned down for the Bury job.They chose Kevin Blackwell instead.Funny how these things turn out.

Berg applied for the Bury job but was not interviewed due to lack of experience. They interviewed five candidates all with Premiership managerial experience

• Backroom

Berg applied for the Bury job but was not interviewed due to lack of experience. They interviewed five candidates all with Premiership managerial experience

So when did Dyck manage in the Premier League? Do tell ;)

I didn't grass you up R4G!

Berg says mum's the word...

But BERG is the word!!!!

• Backroom

Very disappointed if Berg has given any serious comment or consideration to R4G posting info on the team 24 hours before a game. Trust me Henning, there is MUCH more to worry about than this within our team right now. Focus on that instead.

I really need to talk this one through with Ste before we have and "official line" on this, but personally, I have to assume until this point he had no idea it was bothering anyone (he's been doing it long enough without complaint), however now he obviously knows the impact it's having (though I don't know if the club has spoken to him about it, I know I haven't) I'd probably take a pretty dim view of it happening again.

On the "Aggers leaked it" conspiracy theory. Do you not think they'd have the common sense to come and talk to us about it first? It's not like we're hard to find, hard to contact or not particularly amenable when you do.

Shouldn't the guy be banned? If its bothering Berg enough to comment then I don't see why it should be tolerated by the number 1 supporters site. Its pretty much exactly what you'd expect a Burnley fan living in Brockhall would try and do.

Banned? It would be a disgrace if it happens.

I don't see the problem here, there are plenty of things the club could do to counter any team information being released should they wish to. IIRC there have been plenty of teams who have announced early team sheets in the past and it didn't have an impact on results, it's not all about specific personnel but the tactics.

The club is being quite frankly pathetic on this issue.

Archived