BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

Do you do this with players as well? With Tugay the Rangers cast-off? Friedel and Warnock the Liverpool rejects? Ryan Nelsen?

Or do you give it enough time to make an informed opinion?

I do if I don't trust the manager who signed them yes. In the cases you've mentioned Souness and Hughes signed them, both excellent managers, so of course I was happy to bow to their far greater knowledge. In this case the person who's hired Berg is Shebby Singh, a bizarre Malaysian TV pundit who thought Gerrard should play right-back and Giggs centre defence. If anything I'd say his knowledge of Rovers is slightly less than the average fan, so I don't have a problem doubting/criticising his decisions.

Don't worry about me giving him stick at games (not that it'd make any difference). I'm not like the fans who got on Allardyce's back.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Not been on much so please can someone fill me in on all this commotion? Bring me up to speed. Thanks

Rovers4good can see the training ground from his house and last season and this season has correctly stated the team the day before the game. On Monday on twitter a few people commented that is was bad and now today Henning Berg said it was a bad idea and he should stop, there was an article in the daily mail naming the site and his username

Basically we got relegated because of rovers4good and he should be banned and possibly jailed for his crimes

Oh well that's ok then isn't it ? The opposition gets a heads up but your precious website gets a few more hits.

Thanks for misinterpreting that one line, rather than actually reading the surrounding posts. If I was like that we'd have been running R4Gs stuff on the front page for the last year! There was an conspiracy theory further up the thread that the story had been run to discredit BRFCS in some way (though I don't see how) and I was merely pointed that might have backfired a little. :)

Ahh right. I know a guy who lives on brockhall estate and he has told me what he has seen a few times. Not sure if its him but I will ask him. I've also had rover 786 message me firstly congratulating me on the birth of my son and also that legal action is being taken on this site. Personally I can't see anything being done as rovers can't dictate where houses are built and they surely can build and keep the pitches away from outside site. I agree it's not good the team on here the day before but end if the days it's a football match. 11v11 the team with the best players, tactics, stamina and manager will win. I'm sure u can predict Barcelonas team every game but that doesn't give the other team the upper hand. Better players means they will win

This is all getting a bit silly, firstly, we got relegated because the manager was not up to the task, secondly, the team sheets are handed in 45minutes prior to a game, even if they knew Rovers team and did something different to counter, there are ways to adapt your game to compensate!

I can concur on that Tom.

Ralfinho first off congratulations on the birth of your son I hope you and the family are well and your son is well and healthy.

secondly be careful what you say to that rovers_786 he seems unhinged he claims he knows and speaks to venkys regularly and when you question him on this he threatens people with solicitors and legals I have recently been threatened by him on facebook with legals but I would just ignore him. As everyone says I would just ignore him he's a pest

Thanks for misinterpreting that one line, rather than actually reading the surrounding posts. If I was like that we'd have been running R4Gs stuff on the front page for the last year! There was an conspiracy theory further up the thread that the story had been run to discredit BRFCS in some way (though I don't see how) and I was merely pointed that might have backfired a little. :)

Mail on Sunday

coco sues fan shocker!!!

Rovers 786 as main witness

someone needs to put the binoculars away

I'm really surprised at anyone asking for a poster to be banned over this. We may as well ban every ITKer who gets something right!

I don't recall the team being confirmed regularly last season the day before the match, the last 2 games worried me, but I can definitely see why the manager would not want this broadcasting.

Anyone who thinks it's "fine" or "can't see the problem" needs to have a good old re-think. Some managers guard their team line up very carefully right until the last moment they can get away with. It's called attention to detail (or OCD).

Maybe subconsciously I want to give Berg every chance, and I trust his view on matters, whereas I wasn't that bothered if Kean was undermined. I can well see the hypocrisy in that statement but I make no apology.

This is part of getting behind the Berg and giving him every chance to get things right IMHO. If people want to know the line up 24 hours before the game, for whatever reason, nip down to Brockhall or drop R4G a PM.

Just remember mum's Berg's the word!

Ahh right. I know a guy who lives on brockhall estate and he has told me what he has seen a few times. Not sure if its him but I will ask him. I've also had rover 786 message me firstly congratulating me on the birth of my son and also that legal action is being taken on this site. Personally I can't see anything being done as rovers can't dictate where houses are built and they surely can build and keep the pitches away from outside site. I agree it's not good the team on here the day before but end if the days it's a football match. 11v11 the team with the best players, tactics, stamina and manager will win. I'm sure u can predict Barcelonas team every game but that doesn't give the other team the upper hand. Better players means they will win

Legal action my ar$e....what for? There is no charge possible.

Congrats on your son Ralf.

Rovers4good can see the training ground from his house and last season and this season has correctly stated the team the day before the game. On Monday on twitter a few people commented that is was bad and now today Henning Berg said it was a bad idea and he should stop, there was an article in the daily mail naming the site and his username

Basically we got relegated because of rovers4good and he should be banned and possibly jailed for his crimes

Ah, so if I've got this right R4G is actually SK! :)

I hear R4G's house, overlooks the training ground,

and he can observe a lot of things.

But i haven't heard what way he discovers the line-up.

Have i missed this explanation?

I think he said the 11 stay behind an extra half an hour to practice set pieces. Not totally sure though.

All this stuff is absolutely pathetic.

If R4G can see the training part where he works out the starting 11, then if it is that much of an issue to Berg, he should move training for that half hour or so to another section of Brockhall - not exactly rocket science.

R4G, feck the lot of the moaners and just do what you want. You are doing no wrong. Time the moaning minnies got a life when there are millions in the world with neither home or food.

Team for tomorrow R4G ?

I'm confused here; I thought R4G had already promised, if not necessarily on this thread, certainly on another thread on this Board, not to reveal again what he knows. If so, why are so many people still giving him grief?

+ 1,000,000

Yes he did. I remember reading it. Someone pointed out to him, on here, that it probably wasn't a good idea. He agreed. That should have been the end of the story. Poor lad - I bet he's mortified. Funny how nobody kicked up a fuss until the Mail went with the story - he's done it for months.

Ban him? Get a grip, he's already said he won't do it again and that was before it hit the Press. The thing that should have happened is that the club contact the website and asked to get a message to him - not put it in the Press. Mountains and molehills.

It's the poster's discretion whether he shares the information or not. How can someone take legal action against a team being named - they can't. I don't think he will do it again but he can do what he wants.

I hope Shebby doesn't do what the Liverpool communications chief did and try to intimidate Rovers4good to stop posting. Definitely don't send Derek Shaw as I'm not sure he could intimidate a toddler's play group.

+ 1,000,000

Yes he did. I remember reading it. Someone pointed out to him, on here, that it probably wasn't a good idea. He agreed. That should have been the end of the story. Poor lad - I bet he's mortified. Funny how nobody kicked up a fuss until the Mail went with the story - he's done it for months.

Ban him? Get a grip, he's already said he won't do it again and that was before it hit the Press. The thing that should have happened is that the club contact the website and asked to get a message to him - not put it in the Press. Mountains and molehills.

This

+ 1,000,000

Well said Bob. Bit harsh for Berg/the Club/ whomever to publically castigate a Rovers supporter! As you say, other ways of quietly getting the message across. I used to enjoy those posts and I can't remember a single

person who thought they were a bad idea.

+ 1,000,000

I can't help thinking that Rovers have missed a trick here. If R4G was contacted by Rovers and asked to put out a few red herrings surely that would have thrown the opposition manager into a tizzy when he sees the actual team. As Berg said any small advantage could affect the result.

It's the poster's discretion whether he shares the information or not. How can someone take legal action against a team being named - they can't. I don't think he will do it again but he can do what he wants.

Correct. Unless he's signed an NDA. :D

Lead story in the back page of the LT, btw! :lol:

Archived