BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

Another armchair manager. I argue the toss plenty on here, but I'm not sure what some people are thinking when they decide an experienced professional could use some advice from a complete amateur who'd probably struggle to play in the blackburn sunday league. Idiots basically. But then I suppose Etuhu shouldn't rise to it, never heard of Pedersen doing on his site and he's doubtless had to put up with a lot worse.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Etuhu gets grief of a few fans and then tars every rovers fan with the same brush. Not once has he applauded the fans he goes straight down the tunnel every game. Why does he even rise to it? Every footballer gets grief on twitter but they don't take it to heart.

That's not true he's been over to the Blackburn end a few times after the game has finished

Also I don't see where he tarred everyone with the same brush

Rochina has big role to play, says Blackburn Rovers boss

http://www.lancashir...rn_Rovers_boss/

I'd forgotten what it was like to enjoy reading comments by our manager!

Even just that small article demonstrates huge differences between Berg and Kean; Berg gives his assessment of Rochina's abilities, Kean would have said "he's the new David Villa!" or something like that. Berg talks about improvement in defensive and possession tactics, Kean used ramble on about entering the penalty area x amount of times.

Looking forward to seeing how Berg can take us further forward from here.

Rochina has great talent. Give him a free role up front and under a good manager he should improve no end.

Agreed. I've always said give him a free role and he will be awesome for us. Anyway I'm happy his ability has been seen by Berg

On another note my son was born on Tueaday at 11:36. He's called Ruben Lee Walsh. He is a big un. He was 10lb 5oz!! Rovers newest supporter

Just watched the post-match interview with Henning on RoversPlayer.

When asked by the reporter if he thought Jordan was similar to Alan Shearer Henning Berg was quick to say that it is too early to even make such comparisons and that Shearer is shearer and Jordan is Jordan. I'm certain that if he who shall not be named was asked that question he would definitely make that comparison... Which only results in putting too much pressure on the player! Remember goodwillie being the new rooney etc.

Just watched the post-match interview with Henning on RoversPlayer.

When asked by the reporter if he thought Jordan was similar to Alan Shearer Henning Berg was quick to say that it is too early to even make such comparisons and that Shearer is shearer and Jordan is Jordan. I'm certain that if he who shall not be named was asked that question he would definitely make that comparison... Which only results in putting too much pressure on the player! Remember goodwillie being the new rooney etc.

Berg is smart. Everything he says makes sense. It feels great after listening two years lies and stupid comments from the clown.

Agreed. I've always said give him a free role and he will be awesome for us. Anyway I'm happy his ability has been seen by Berg

On another note my son was born on Tueaday at 11:36. He's called Ruben Lee Walsh. He is a big un. He was 10lb 5oz!! Rovers newest supporter

Rochina has always shown he has the talent, it's just his decision making that has been a problem. He often tries to do too much or make that difficult fancy pass when there is a simple one on. It's something that clearly can be worked on, hopefully Berg can do it.

And Congratulations Ralf. :)

Congrats Ralf. Named him after a Rovers player also :tu:

Rochina has always shown he has the talent, it's just his decision making that has been a problem. He often tries to do too much or make that difficult fancy pass when there is a simple one on. It's something that clearly can be worked on, hopefully Berg can do it.

And Congratulations Ralf. :)

I was watching QPR-Reading and thought the same about Taarabt. He tried to win the match by himself.

That's not true he's been over to the Blackburn end a few times after the game has finished

Also I don't see where he tarred everyone with the same brush

He hasn't said it his actions make it look that way. If he has been blackburn end at the beginning of the season he certainly hasn't the last two home games... gead down straight down tunell

Not seen these quotes before, Berg talks about his previous manager roles here - http://www.clubcall....ge-1497383.html

They're taken from the press conference he did announcing his arrival. It was probably the only quesiton he didn't answer very well, because I think the quesiton was something like "what's your greatest achievement in management so far".

Congrats Ralfinho, a cousin for Lex (I know Clark ;)).

I have a 4-month old myself and the only advice I can give you now is to enjoy every second, as it's amazing.

As far as Etuhu goes, he really shouldn't rise to it, as a professional.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying that players shouldn't be on the Twitter thing. Seems a complete waste of time and only bad can come of them being on there.

Congratulations !

Hope you've still got a bob or two to spend on the babe after your Holloway bets.

I have of course been banging the drum for Rochina more or less since he joined the Club so I'm delighted Berg seems to have instantly spotted the same sort of talent and potential in the lad as I've seen.

If Berg finally makes him a focal point of the side it's up to the player to seize the opportunity. I can't help but think we've had oil in our back garden for the last two years and not tapped into it but hey ho such is life.

I have of course been banging the drum for Rochina more or less since he joined the Club so I'm delighted Berg seems to have instantly spotted the same sort of talent and potential in the lad as I've seen.

If Berg finally makes him a focal point of the side it's up to the player to seize the opportunity. I can't help but think we've had oil in our back garden for the last two years and not tapped into it but hey ho such is life.

Well done.

Steve...is that you? ^_^

First chance to get on internet in a while.

Have to say Berg wasn't my first choice by a long stretch - wanted someone with more experience, especially in the UK. Really felt we should've pushed hard for Redknapp if interested or would've been a lot more pleased with someone like Holloway. Especially frustrating having seen him go to Palace a club with a lot less "pull" than us.

Having said that - he has managerial experience, experience of the club (although not sure how relevant that is given it's a completely different club under Venkeys) and there's a decent chance he's not just going to be a puppet for Shebby to push around. Added to the fact he IS a club legend, and I rather like the guy as I suspect most fans will, it's not a bad appointment.

Not the best choice, indeed it's hard to get excited by the appointment, but most definitely not the worst by a long chalk. Expected Venkeys after the lag to muck this up much worse than this. So all in all I'm relieved. Not sure it's a great step forward but seems to have us heading towards an even keel.

Wanted to post the above when appointed. Since then 2 games 1 point. Not overwhelmed on what I've heard of the games but the manager does seem to be talking sense even if it hasn't transferred to the pitch.

Archived