BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

Normally I really try hard to talk people out of removing their account, but even though I feel in the case the witch hunt was entirely unnecessary, in this case it made sense to agree to remove it. If R4G would have carried on using that account, their inbox would have been constantly inundated with requests and they'd be hounded for updates. This way they can come back under the radar and continue to contribute to the community without all the baggage being "the one that used to post the team on the forum".

What's really annoyed me is that just as all the fan unrest had died away and people were starting to get on again, somebody whips this up and off it all kicks again. Makes no sense to me, it's like some people just enjoy the drama of it all. I still don't see why this couldn't have been handled in private.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Why are people blaming the club for it making the news? I might totally wrong here but surely most reporters follow Glen Mullen on twitter. The day before the match he tweeted: I see the team for tomorrow has been leaked again (or something along those lines). The reporter then looks into it, then at the next press conference asks Berg about it to which he'll more than likely reply "oh that doesn't help does it". Hey presto there's something to put in the paper!! You can't blame EVERYTHING on an inside job in the club

That seems quite likely Rushy

All seems massivley blown out of proportion

Why are people blaming the club for it making the news? I might totally wrong here but surely most reporters follow Glen Mullen on twitter. The day before the match he tweeted: I see the team for tomorrow has been leaked again (or something along those lines). The reporter then looks into it, then at the next press conference asks Berg about it to which he'll more than likely reply "oh that doesn't help does it". Hey presto there's something to put in the paper!! You can't blame EVERYTHING on an inside job in the club

You can't blame eerything on Glen Mullen either :tu:

Normally I really try hard to talk people out of removing their account, but even though I feel in the case the witch hunt was entirely unnecessary, in this case it made sense to agree to remove it. If R4G would have carried on using that account, their inbox would have been constantly inundated with requests and they'd be hounded for updates. This way they can come back under the radar and continue to contribute to the community without all the baggage being "the one that used to post the team on the forum".

What's really annoyed me is that just as all the fan unrest had died away and people were starting to get on again, somebody whips this up and off it all kicks again. Makes no sense to me, it's like some people just enjoy the drama of it all. I still don't see why this couldn't have been handled in private.

100% agree, we have got rid of Kean, appears as though Berg is building bridges and a team, lets move on and be all together in supporting Rovers, remember my signature --- TEAM - TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE

I'm very sorry for any harm caused and call me naive but just thought it would be good for the fans to know and i really didn't think it would have come to this.

I've asked the mods to remove my account and there will be no further information given by me on this forum.

My dads already bo*****ed me for this and told me to lay low for a while and hopefully people will accept that no malice was meant and that an error of judgement was made.

I love brfc and sorry again for any harm caused.

p.s. i'll still be cheering the boys on tomorrow :)

you have nothing to be sorry for as most others have said, id prob have done the same and its the clubs resonsability to keep what goes on in training private, BRFC should actually now be treating(compensating!) you in some way for you're great attitude and honesty considering all the hassle you're getting..

p.s. 1 word 'twitter'.

p.p.s only kiddin.

I was wondering when Mullens name would crop up, fairlyclear now it will have been him telling tales to Singh(or just singh following mullens twitter and taking his opinion as 'the gospel of all rovers fans').

Can we just stop castigating our own fans all the time, for Kean sake? It's pathetic and self destructive. I want to read about Berg in this thread, not bitching abouy how rovers4good was hard done by or should have been hanged, or how everything is glen's fault. Cut it out. Grow up.

Personally, I think this is absolutely stupid. The club has gone about this completely the wrong way. Don't stop posting R4G, you're a good lad. Just some tossers like the Hypnotoad trying to discredit others for no reason.

If you post the team's line-up on here, good on you for posting the info that's available to you. The club should put higher fencing up or something if it's that much of a problem. Not your fault your house is where it is! Kean 'em!

Don't call me a tosser when you obviously care about your own entertainment of finding information out a bit earlier than other people more than you care about rovers winning matches. Berg, Glenn, rover4good's dad, and I'd imagine most rovers fans who live in the real world don't think this its a good thing for this to continue. And you and the other ITK groupies on here have banded together to try and defend the whole thing. Brfcs members before brfc seems to be the message, no wonder outsiders think this place is flipping weird at times.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about this. If the person in question can see our training sessions from where he lives and has made a deduction from that about what might be our probable line up then good on him and so what if he releases it via social media. It's not like he's getting inside information and leaking it out.

If the Club are concerned about it then as Glenn said they should have made a polite request in private to the person in question to refrain from doing it in future and the person in question probably should agree to that if he has the Club's best interests at heart. If he doesn't want to stop, tough, it's entirely up to him. It's the Club's problem that there are houses overlooking the training ground. (I'm assuming that's what's happened)

Very poorly handled by the Club indeed and I don't think Berg needed to get involved this early in his Ewood career over such a trivial matter at all.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about this. If the person in question can see our training sessions from where he lives and has made a deduction from that about what might be our probable line up then good on him and so what if he releases it via social media. It's not like he's getting inside information and leaking it out.

If the Club are concerned about it then as Glenn said they should have made a polite request in private to the person in question to refrain from doing it in future and the person in question probably should agree to that if he has the Club's best interests at heart. If he doesn't want to stop, tough, it's entirely up to him. It's the Club's problem that there are houses overlooking the training ground. (I'm assuming that's what's happened)

Very poorly handled by the Club indeed and I don't think Berg needed to get involved this early in his Ewood career over such a trivial matter at all.

Its absolutely ridiculous that the club would want to withhold the team sheet until an hour before kick off.

Why is it?

Do they want the opposition to be rolling around in laughter an hour before kick off as opposed to getting it out of their system the night before. It all smacks of weakness on behalf of our club.

A strong team should boldly display themselves weeks, months, ahead of all fixtures, unless suspensions and injuries dictate otherwise.

Its absolutely ridiculous that the club would want to withhold the team sheet until an hour before kick off.

Why is it?

Do they want the opposition to be rolling around in laughter an hour before kick off as opposed to getting it out of their system the night before. It all smacks of weakness on behalf of our club.

A strong team should boldly display themselves weeks, months, head of all fixtures, unless suspensions and injuries dictate otherwise.

I tend to agree with this. One of the greatest English club sides of all time, the Liverpool team of the late 70s, only used I think 14 players one season (78/79). You wouldn't have needed a house overlooking Melwood to guess their line up. Clemence, Neal, Hansen, Thompson, A Kennedy, McDermott, Case, R Kennedy, Souness, Dalglish, Johnson. Week-in, week-out.

Good point above about the old Liverpool team. It's about outplaying the opposition once you're out on the pitch, not knowing their identity.

The only time a Club might have a point on this is if they wanted to come up with a complete tactical masterstroke which hadn't been tried before and they wanted to keep it under wraps. As it is Berg has made it fairly clear the system he wants to play and the personnel he favours. I think everyone knows ten of the eleven starting line up tomorrow, the only doubt would probably be who starts on the right wing.

Berg did a lengthy newspaper piece yesterday eulogising about Rochina and sending out a clear indication his preferred striking line for the forseeable will be Rochina and Rhodes. Are we to castigate him for divulging valuable information to the opposition? Of course not. The whole thing's nonsense imo. I didn't bother commenting initially when certain posters were giving R4G grief because I thought it was so trivial as to not be worth mentioning.

Oops! Was just standing idly on Warrington Bank Quay station when a Pendolino passed me, I phoned a mate in London to advise him there MAY be a train arriving at Euston in the next couple of hours - was I wrong?

(And yes, it was going south!)

In the early days of Kenny Dalglish Rovers trained at Pleasington and the number of people watching alarmed Dalglish as he didn't know who they were. A friend of mine was the secretary at Darwen FC and Rovers approached them to find out if they could hire The Anchor Ground on Thursdays and Fridays. It never materialised but it certainly had Dalglish concerned enough.

It's always been standard practice for most clubs to keep the team selections under wraps until the team sheets are handed to the ref about an hour before kick off. With this in mind i don't know why people are moaning at Rovers or Berg as if it's exclusive to BRFC and we are trying to do something no other team has ever done for gods sake!

R4G - it's absolutely feckin pathetic that folk are trying to make something of this.

Don't worry about it and stick around.

And if Rovers are offering a 'compromise', how about free season tickets for you and your dad for the next 10 years.

Yeah right mercerman...... and next week R4G's garden will be packed chock full of wannabee grasses demanding 10 years ST's.

However how come it doesn't appear to have occurred to anyone that R4G's account should be left open and he be employed for a few weeks as a double agent by revealing details ..... under the instruction of Berg? :tu: People on here are so gormless that if they'd stumbled across an enigma machine in their back garden I'm sure they'd have posted it back to Hitler! :rolleyes:

Berg explicitly said the difference could be "one percent", he's not saying it's going to make a huge difference.

The whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

Agree - complete overreaction here, can't believe some folk have got so upset/uptight saying 'club is a disgrace' etc.

Whilst you can argue that posting the team selection shouldn't be detrimental to the team because we should be putting our strongest possible side out; we are going through a state of transition and trying out new players so it is a hinderance.

I have no idea whether opposition managers saw the team selection before any of the last two games but would Palace have expected Henley to start?

Even if we weren't chopping and changing at the moment we are in a league where selection can be based on fatigue. Ergo we may not always play our strongest side and team selections could therefore surprise other managers.

I've no idea what's happened in terms of punishment on this but you'd imagine someone would just ask him to stop doing it for the benefit of the club. Sounds like that isn't the case though.

Archived