SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAM presently sixth in the PL.

Sam gets them promoted at the first time of asking and looks like establishing them as a force.

Wonder what Venky's think ?

I would't think Venkys are that bothered, that is the problem.

'apart from his goals he doesn't offer enough for me' (re Rhodes)

I dont like to criticize other posters, but this sometimes somes up Blackburn fans. We have loved players like Dickov and Kuqi because of their 'work ethic' and been criitcal at times of a top quality striker in Yakubu for being lazy

A striker is in the team for his goals, or his impact on the opp defence to create chances. Rhodes is scoring goals and always looks dangerous in the box. It's ridiculous to expect him to do more than score goals

if Rhodes wants any future in the game (especially in the top-flight) then he's gotta learn to lead the line.

I agree that we paid way over the odds for Rhodes - as he is far from the finished article. I can see why Premiership clubs were unwilling to take the gamble with him - and to be honest I think Rhodes himself has been sensible in picking Rovers as the next part of his football education. He has lots to learn - but from what I have seen he will pick up with better players around him - the one thing he has is an unbelievable ability to make the most of the limited chances that come his way.

Yesterday we seemed to be trying to play through balls on the floor - and he was only stopped from scoring one goal by some brilliant defending, and numerous through balls were blocked with last minute lunges (on a different day he would have been played through far more) - I think Berg has an idea of how to create goals for him.

I've been critical of his all round play since be joined but normally when I say something he scores

It sounds a funny criticism but apart from his goals he doesn't offer enough for me and has to add a bit more to his game if he wants to make it at the top, being such a fantastic finisher means he is half way there though

As with your views on Rochina I completely disagree Tom. From what I heard about Rhodes before he joined i.e. that he was "a fox in the box" I wasn't expecting much from his all round play at all.

However having seen him first hand and not having to rely on what other people have said, his all round play is much better than I expected. If the service up to him is half decent he scores his share and brings others into play just fine. If the service is really poor he struggles a bit but you could say that about 99.99% of all strikers.

• Backroom

As with your views on Rochina I completely disagree Tom. From what I heard about Rhodes before he joined i.e. that he was "a fox in the box" I wasn't expecting much from his all round play at all.

However having seen him first hand and not having to rely on what other people have said, his all round play is much better than I expected. If the service up to him is half decent he scores his share and brings others into play just fine. If the service is really poor he struggles a bit but you could say that about 99.99% of all strikers.

Each to their own its not as if I have dismissed either player just pointed out area where they could improve further

I think both are class players that have all the potential to be even better

Yakubu even got criticised for his all round game at times and he offered more in holding the ball up and bringing wingers into play

I'm a huge fan of Rhodes as his finishing is top class and his attitude seems just as good I just agree that sometimes a striker has to adapt no matter how he is utilised

• Backroom

Don't call me a tosser when you obviously care about your own entertainment of finding information out a bit earlier than other people more than you care about rovers winning matches. Berg, Glenn, rover4good's dad, and I'd imagine most rovers fans who live in the real world don't think this its a good thing for this to continue. And you and the other ITK groupies on here have banded together to try and defend the whole thing. Brfcs members before brfc seems to be the message, no wonder outsiders think this place is flipping weird at times.

It's nothing to do with what I'd like to know. The fact is you have directly contributed to hounding a member off this board because of what he can see from his bedroom. I think people have a right to swear at high horse morons who do that.

Rovers4good is a good poster. You didn't have an issue with his posts until the daily express/mail brought it up.

Anyway, Bergs got us playing some damn good stuff! Lets just hope the results flow with that change :D

Me or blue and white?

I'm being petty bringing it up if I'm honest but I was just reminded of it when I saw the team

If you go on to my twitter page, I posted a picture of the adjusted line up and I received that yesterday at 3:45pm.

If you can't be bothered going on that, then ask T4E.

So you're not really proving a point.

Edit: See if this link works of my picture.

http://twitter.com/Rover1875/status/267657596448694272/photo/1

• Backroom

When did I say I was proving a point? You posted a line up and I just noted it was wrong that's all

To be honest I really couldn't care less about Liverpool but I'm not gonna doubt you there

When did I say I was proving a point? You posted a line up and I just noted it was wrong that's all

To be honest I really couldn't care less about Liverpool but I'm not gonna doubt you there

The actual line up was correct as of that day. Skrtel was forced to miss out due to a virus. Due to that, Carragher replaced him and as we know, he isn't the best these days, so BR went for 5 across the back and sacrificed Suso. Soon as the changes were made, I was made aware of them.

You might not be trying to prove a point, but I was. I get that Liverpool line up every time and always get it spot on. It doesn't make a difference to them, so why should it to us?

I said it before and I'll say it again. The leaked line up story in the Mail has Shebby's best mates filthy hands all over it, in my opinion.

From memory, Irvine was very highly rated when working with Moyes at Everton - would be good appointment if true....

Would it be unfair to say his career hasn't exactly taken off more recently though? Just my impression.

Whatever, Berg must rate him from his time here.

Would it be unfair to say his career hasn't exactly taken off more recently though? Just my impression.

Whatever, Berg must rate him from his time here.

There is also the PNE / Shaw connection !

If Berg brings in Alan Irvine as number 2 would be a good decision. would like to see Black stays.

but its important we appoint a experience fitness coach tho.

Disagree. New ideas, new faces and new approach needed from the ones that took us down.

In particular Berg and the coaching staff need to get the team mentally stronger so they can get out of the habit of conceding leads/late goals.

Anyway on the off chance Henning Berg reads this thread or someone can relay the message onto him I'd like to congratulate him on what he's done with the team.

In little over a week he seems to have weeded out the slackers, correctly identified the players with huge potential, and turned a demotivated rabble (who in particular didn't look like they could give a rat's arse when Black was in temporary charge) into an enthusiastic set of players broadly resembling a team.

Well done Henning, stick to your footballing principles, little bit of fine tuning and we'll get there.

Anyway on the off chance Henning Berg reads this thread or someone can relay the message onto him I'd like to congratulate him on what he's done with the team.

In little over a week he seems to have weeded out the slackers, correctly identified the players with huge potential, and turned a demotivated rabble (who in particular didn't look like they could give a rat's arse when Black was in temporary charge) into an enthusiastic set of players broadly resembling a team.

Well done Henning, stick to your footballing principles, little bit of fine tuning and we'll get there.

+ 100% Henning seems to be doing ok and sorting things out, the football is better, quality and passion much better, now we need the results he deserves!

Archived