BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

I thought this had been proven as untrue.

season ending '99 [ relegation season] we averaged 25773.

The following season in the lower tier [a season where we finished mid table] we averaged 19253.

Last season ending 2011 relegation season] we averaged 22551 [down from c25000 pre Venky's]

This season we are averaging 13400.

How is that explained?

"I won't go whilst Kean is there" - Kean goes,.........."erm, I won't go whilst Venkys are there."

Convenient excuses.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I won't go whilst Kean is there" - Kean goes,.........."erm, I won't go whilst Venkys are there."

Convenient excuses.

Fans don't need excuses. I've just posted some facts. The falling away of support isn't down to "fickle fans", it's down to Venky's.

I think you know that really.

Fans don't need excuses. I've just posted some facts. The falling away of support isn't down to "fickle fans", it's down to Venky's.

Without wishing to get into a squabble you really shouldn't presume to know what folk think.

I don't go because I live thousands of miles away now. My mates still go because they wouldn't be forced out by Kean or Venkys. In my experience this is an attitude more prevalent amongst Burnley and Preston's support.

As a life long Rovers fan and an East Lancastrian it pains me to say that Blackburn really doesn't deserve Rovers.

The owners are not the ones out there on the pitch wearing the blue & white halves and red rose of lancashire on their breast, in fact its very rare they are even in the country let alone at a game.

Understandable whilst Kean is there as the atmosphere was toxic, buut now he has gone the players and Berg deserve a chance and full backing from the fans. The owners will be gone one day, as will the players and manager, but even if we gout of business the blue and white halves will remain as long as the supporters do.

Berg should not be judged on the last, his first, three games, only two of which he could have had any impact on IMO any way, he needs to be judged on 10/15/20 games. The improvement in the tactics was unbelievable on Saturday given the lack of time he has had on the training pitch.

I know people like a moan, and are quite enitled to it, but lets try and see a glass half full rather than empty for a change.

I thought this had been proven as untrue.

season ending '99 [ relegation season] we averaged 25773.

The following season in the lower tier [a season where we finished mid table] we averaged 19253.

Last season ending 2011 relegation season] we averaged 22551 [down from c25000 pre Venky's]

This season we are averaging 13400.

How is that explained?

I doubt the crowds would have held up if we had stayed down for a 3rd season last time. I know we can't expect to be getting near 20 thousand in this division but we should be getting 14/15 thousand home fans in for every game at Ewood. There was about 15,500 home fans on for the Wolves game after coco was gone but Saturday welcoming a new manager who's a club legend AND a quid a kid there was still less than 14 thousand home supporters. It's effing poor in my opinion ! Although i do have to say they won't tempt JW upper regulars back charging £27 - £29 for championship games thats just plain daft.

It's down to both mate end of !

• Moderation Lead

I think to be fair, there were a number of people who said they'd be back when Kean was gone, yet they haven't returned as they're waiting to see how things pan out. Not being funny, but if that isn't fickle, I don't know what is.

It is totally inevitable that the moany whingy aspect of the Blackburn character given full rein under Kean's abhorrent mismanagement should echo on in whinging and moaning about Berg.

For me, Henning is making a very good start.

He can see what an utter shambles he has inherited and this is despite Black doing solid work in the interim

He has looked deep into the squad and is recognising talent where he sees it and is giving it a run. Equally he has quietly eased the talentless Orr out of the picture.

He is looking to play football the way we all enjoy.

Berg deserves all the support we can give him. He has the loneliest job in all football with the worst owners in the current game and clown Shebby, clueless Shaw and pointless Agnew all haunting him.

Oh and the loss of the crowd is 100% down to Venky's. Amazed anybody has the gall to argue otherwise.

I think to be fair, there were a number of people who said they'd be back when Kean was gone, yet they haven't returned as they're waiting to see how things pan out. Not being funny, but if that isn't fickle, I don't know what is.

Out of interest,

do you belive your signature?

• Moderation Lead

Out of interest,

do you belive your signature?

Second person to pull me up on that. Yes and no, as the first person to question me on it, reminded me that JW hired Ince :tu:

I think the damage was done at the start of the season - when many fans didn't renew their season tickets due to Kean (myself included). Having said that - I was there on Saturday - and as remarked by many that actually attended - the turn-around under Berg in such a short space of time is remarkable - though Kean had lowered the bar very low.

To people like Mercerman - watch the game on Sky next Saturday - and then make a judgement on Berg and whether things are improving.

Oh and the loss of the crowd is 100% down to Venky's. Amazed anybody has the gall to argue otherwise.

I fear that for some it is a convenient excuse now that Premiership footie is no longer on show at Ewood.

For those that don't go because of Venky's - it looks as though they aren't going anywhere soon - but how much money they spend on getting us up may be driven (in some way) by the size of the crowds. All the rumours are that we are in deep if we don't get promoted this season - irrespective of the owners I would ask all those staying away to come back for the good of the club.

That's exactly what im on about. Even my dad who was no football fan at all but worked at a large employer in Blackburn used to make a joke about the people he worked with who used to go on about Rovers all the time but never went to games " i'll wait and see what they do" was just what he used to say they all said. Then it was "there not going to do owt, im not bothering this season, they don't want to go up". Das used to take this kean out of me saying i don't know why you bother son nobody in Blackburn is Rovers fans are the most fickle in the country. I really hope we aren't returning to those times. Yes Venkys and Kean have caused it but the fans can make it a lot worse.

It is totally inevitable that the moany whingy aspect of the Blackburn character given full rein under Kean's abhorrent mismanagement should echo on in whinging and moaning about Berg.

For me, Henning is making a very good start.

He can see what an utter shambles he has inherited and this is despite Black doing solid work in the interim

He has looked deep into the squad and is recognising talent where he sees it and is giving it a run. Equally he has quietly eased the talentless Orr out of the picture.

He is looking to play football the way we all enjoy.

Berg deserves all the support we can give him. He has the loneliest job in all football with the worst owners in the current game and clown Shebby, clueless Shaw and pointless Agnew all haunting him.

It's a start, but if you were to ask Henning himself he knows that he has to start getting wins and therefore points on the board. Getting a win or two will ease off the pressure and get the fans more optimistic about the chances of promotion.

I think we are still a couple of games away from the first win beginning to become a pressing essential.

The issue for me is that we are the least fit side in the division and that will not be sorted out in less than a month.

To be honest it's amazing that you have the gall to mention anybody else's gall.

Where did you come from?

I think we are still a couple of games away from the first win beginning to become a pressing essential.

The issue for me is that we are the least fit side in the division and that will not be sorted out in less than a month.

Where did you come from?

I'm behind you holding a pick axe handle.

That's exactly what im on about. Even my dad who was no football fan at all but worked at a large employer in Blackburn used to make a joke about the people he worked with who used to go on about Rovers all the time but never went to games " i'll wait and see what they do" was just what he used to say they all said. Then it was "there not going to do owt, im not bothering this season, they don't want to go up". Das used to take this kean out of me saying i don't know why you bother son nobody in Blackburn is Rovers fans are the most fickle in the country. I really hope we aren't returning to those times. Yes Venkys and Kean have caused it but the fans can make it a lot worse.

You ignore the facts though. Last time we went down we lost c6000 fans. When the Roas bought the club the average attendance was 25000, now it's 13000.

The two arguments being made here by some posters are that 1]it's down to fickle fans and 2] after Kean going and Berg in charge for two weeks, there's no reason why everyone shouldn't be coming back now.

Point one is ridiculous and point two is dreamland.

So if we start doing well under Berg and Venky's are people still justified in staying away or should they come back? In my view they should but most won't because they'll simply have found other ways of spending their free time.

I'm sure you'd have been amongst the first to be critical if anyone had said they were stopping going because they didn't like the style of football under Sam. In my view you don't jack it in because you don't like the owners or manager or whatever but at the same time it's a free Country and people can do as they please.

Tomphil,there has been massive damage done to this clubs supporter base by Teflon AND Venky's sheer stupidity.Many supporters are still aggrieved at what has gone on over these last two seasons..it will take time to win back the fans confidence and belief once more.

I never thought I would see Blackpool having better gates than us but that alone give's a damning indication of the current situation.

So if we start doing well under Berg and Venky's are people still justified in staying away or should they come back? In my view they should but most won't because they'll simply have found other ways of spending their free time.

I'm sure you'd have been amongst the first to be critical if anyone had said they were stopping going because they didn't like the style of football under Sam. In my view you don't jack it in because you don't like the owners or manager or whatever but at the same time it's a free Country and people can do as they please.

You keep putting words in my mouth that I've never uttered Rev. As for your post in general, fans will do what they want. We seem to be having a flood of posts criticising fans Rev, while I'm sticking up for them. There are obvious reasons why gates have fallen and why gates haven't immediately returned to previous levels. It's nothing to do with being fickle.

That's unlike you, you're not usually so superficial in writing about off-field matters.

Falling attendences wasn't just a problem Rovers were facing, it was a problem a lot of less afluent town clubs were having. Look at Wigan - they don't have a problem with Whelan yet their attendences are falling.

There are loads of reasons why people are being turned off the game, it's happening at many clubs. Obviously Venky's served as a catalyst for us but I believe they only sped up what was an inevitable decline anyway. Absolutely no way can you say it's "100% Venky's" with all the other issues football has.

It's a start, but if you were to ask Henning himself he knows that he has to start getting wins and therefore points on the board. Getting a win or two will ease off the pressure and get the fans more optimistic about the chances of promotion.

Yes indeed it's a results game but isn't it nice to see someone bring a bit of dignity back to the club? Every time I see Henning though, I get an impression of a man alone fighting against all the odds. I hope he is able to share the burden with someone he can trust. If not, he needs to get his own folk in quick.

Are they? Didn't know that.

Top dogs at the minute......

http://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/bburncomb/Divisions

Managers utlimately are judged on the number of wins and points they get on the board, otherwise (at normal clubs) they lose their jobs. Berg has made a poor start and has it all to do.

Poor start? Harsh that. After the Palace performance I'd say he's made a decent start up to now. The mood of the crowd is much better cos the players are on the front foot and by most reports two draws is not a 'fair' return on the last two fixtures.

Archived