BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

Never did did we? It's a simple tactic... when the opposition is in possession we should have 11 defenders and they should all get between their individual opposition and our goal. Under Kean and as with any poor team we had too many flat footed ball watchers.

Nothing new Kamy....... I've been scared since the Venkymob took over and terrified once dastardly and Muttley assumed total control and replaced Allardyce and Williams.

Venkys are very rich, in fact worth £650 million, and are a growing company. Rovers have helped advertise the venkys group worldwide. They are getting new business worldwide, I have read venkatesh rao mention in an interview how they got new business in vietnam, helped by their connection to blackburn rovers. So in short I do believe they will do whatever it takes to get us back into the premiership. They are very shrewd business people and I think they will stick by rovers, and offset potential losses of 10 million this season.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also terrified about Rovers finances.

It really is an all or nothing strategy. If we don’t go up this season then next season it will require the owners to inject more money into the club. If they do that then with the parachute payment of £19 million we’d be ok, but if we didn’t go up again then we’d be in serious problems.

I don’t know the exact figure but Rovers are incurring big losses each month from what people are telling me, these are I guess being offset by the bank of India overdraft which I believe is secured against Venky’s India Assets.

However, with the current liabilities that we have (players on big contracts), coupled with the commercial side of the club seemingly broken and a big chunk of fans not wanting to return to Ewood then I do genuinely fear for our future if we don’t go up.

Looking at the squad I reckon Murphy, Vukcevic, Rhodes, Best will all be on over 40k a week. Pedersen, Dunn, Olsson, Givet, Robinson, Dann, Etuhu, Kazim Richards are all going to be on over 30k.

It's a pretty scary situation.

I can't see why Vukcevic would have commanded a wage of over 40k per week. Murphy, Rhodes and Best most likely will do, as it was probably the only way of getting them here.

It will have been asked before but do the players not have relegation clauses in the contracts, if they were signed under the old regime (like mgp) I can't imagine that JW and his team would have not put a safety net like that in. Pretty sure Cryer did an article on Givet kicking off over his wages being reduced by circa 50% due to relegation.

Looking at the squad I reckon Murphy, Vukcevic, Rhodes, Best will all be on over 40k a week. Pedersen, Dunn, Olsson, Givet, Robinson, Dann, Etuhu, Kazim Richards are all going to be on over 30k.

Scary indeed, as is football generally - starts with our Academy lads who I think are on something in excess of twice the average national wage of £25k/annum and much more in some instances!

I understand that Vukcevic is on nowhere near £40k/week, and falls into one of the 'relatively cheap imports', whilst MGP is our highest paid player on well in excess of £40k/week.

Rhyme and reason seems to have gone out of the window where Rovers' pay structure is concerned and when journeymen are given 4 year contracts at the age of 30 (Etuhu), it says it all really.

However, with the current liabilities that we have (players on big contracts), coupled with the commercial side of the club seemingly broken and a big chunk of fans not wanting to return to Ewood then I do genuinely fear for our future if we don’t go up.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist on this, but what happens if we do go up? For a start there'll be a load of bonuses to pay, then is there a 'promotion clause' in a similar way to the famous 'relegation clause' that's been talked about? Then how many new players would we need to sign to have a hope of staying up? We're between a rock and a hard place.

Best I can see is that we're a yoyo club for a while.

Venkys are very rich, in fact worth £650 million, and are a growing company. Rovers have helped advertise the venkys group worldwide. They are getting new business worldwide, I have read venkatesh rao mention in an interview how they got new business in vietnam, helped by their connection to blackburn rovers. So in short I do believe they will do whatever it takes to get us back into the premiership. They are very shrewd business people and I think they will stick by rovers, and offset potential losses of 10 million this season.

Aye shrewd is exactly the word I'd use to describe Venky's rule of Rovers to date.

Scary indeed, as is football generally - starts with our Academy lads who I think are on something in excess of twice the average national wage of £25k/annum and much more in some instances!

I understand that Vukcevic is on nowhere near £40k/week, and falls into one of the 'relatively cheap imports', whilst MGP is our highest paid player on well in excess of £40k/week.

Rhyme and reason seems to have gone out of the window where Rovers' pay structure is concerned and when journeymen are given 4 year contracts at the age of 30 (Etuhu), it says it all really.

By understand, do you mean you are guessing and speculating as per usual or do you actually know?

Cryer was tweeting the other day about his fears for rovers finances - rumours suggest the club is losing 2-3m per month.

This is why I get very worried by those insisting Berg is given time and judged long term on his ability to revamp the squad and instill his own brand of football. We don't have time. Regardless of parachute payment money staying the same, there will have to be severere cuts to the playing squad at the end of this season if we don't get promoted. Even idiots like Shaw and Singh can see how ****** we're gonna be going off the sense of desperation to their demands for promotion when Berg came in. Sounding like a broken record but that's why we couldn't afford to take the risk we have.

The scary thing I find about all this is that Steve Kean was a COACH. If there's one area you'd think he'd excel it's on the training pitch. Considering how unfit and undisciplined we've looked under his tenure, he's obviously the biggest fraud going.

Here we go again. Just two weeks into Bergs tenure, all the fans by and large are very happy at the massive progress, so how do we put a spanner in the works

well lets see, the conspiracy theories are all out of the window as i haven't seen the jock mafia descend on Blackburn, armagedon hasn't happened, so yes i know start on the perceived money AGAIN, There is NO proof that the venkys are skint are is that another conspiracy, seriously if you lot haven't got anything positive to write then dont feckin bother. Christ the next thing will be if this or that doesn't happen it will be administration. I don't think so. Be bloody positive for once in two years eh.

By understand, do you mean you are guessing and speculating as per usual or do you actually know?

Not going to go into the intricacies of posting again. I don't guess, I do sometimes speculate - which is what a MB is all about I thought - and sometimes, I do know the odd bit or two.

I can't see why Vukcevic would have commanded a wage of over 40k per week. Murphy, Rhodes and Best most likely will do, as it was probably the only way of getting them here.

It will have been asked before but do the players not have relegation clauses in the contracts, if they were signed under the old regime (like mgp) I can't imagine that JW and his team would have not put a safety net like that in. Pretty sure Cryer did an article on Givet kicking off over his wages being reduced by circa 50% due to relegation.

I remember reading Olsson wasn't happy with it either.....Robinson, Dunn and probably Dann should have one also.

Not going to go into the intricacies of posting again. I don't guess, I do sometimes speculate - which is what a MB is all about I thought - and sometimes, I do know the odd bit or two.

I think I will speculate that the venkys will write a cheque to cover the losses, it is better than losing face

This is why I get very worried by those insisting Berg is given time and judged long term on his ability to revamp the squad and instill his own brand of football. We don't have time. Regardless of parachute payment money staying the same, there will have to be severere cuts to the playing squad at the end of this season if we don't get promoted. Even idiots like Shaw and Singh can see how ****** we're gonna be going off the sense of desperation to their demands for promotion when Berg came in. Sounding like a broken record but that's why we couldn't afford to take the risk we have.

Losing 2-3 Mil per month, what a load of rubbish, your saying that in six months we would have lost between 48 - 72 mil, if that was the case Venkys would have give us away, i give up on some of you lot .

The scary thing I find about all this is that Steve Kean was a COACH. If there's one area you'd think he'd excel it's on the training pitch. Considering how unfit and undisciplined we've looked under his tenure, he's obviously the biggest fraud going.

The thing with Kean is he had no real C.V as a top coach like everyone used to refer to him. Never worked under top managers, never worked for top clubs, sacked a few times and ended up 3rd coach at Ewood so no real suprise when you think about it. Just cause a few people in the game got on well with him that gets interpreted as him being good.

Losing 2-3 Mil per month, what a load of rubbish, your saying that in six months we would have lost between 48 - 72 mil, if that was the case Venkys would have give us away, i give up on some of you lot .

What I want to know is where we would lose it, in the carpark, left in a briefcase in a toilet or what

or are we spending it on something?

Losing a lot of money each month, yet they still went for an inexperienced coach?

Not against Berg, however if we'd gone for someone who has been promoted several times ala McCarthy, it would have made so much sense.

How stupid is Shebby. Yet he's still your 'King'.

Well this debt thing is just hearsay. I am struggling to believe we're in a dangerous position given that we sold Samba for crazy money and didn't spend a penny of it, on top of Phil Jones etc.

And anyway...Bolton have appointed an inexperienced manager and they are over £100m in debt.

Well this debt thing is just hearsay. I am struggling to believe we're in a dangerous position given that we sold Samba for crazy money and didn't spend a penny of it, on top of Phil Jones etc.

And anyway...Bolton have appointed an inexperienced manager and they are over £100m in debt.

Wee Dougie had almost 2 very successful years under his belt in the most trying of circumstances at Palace. He brought on some excellent young players and has left them flying. I will put money on Palace finishing higher than us and wouldn't bet against Bolton doing the same. Would hasten to add, hope I am wrong!

Wee Dougie had almost 2 very successful years under his belt in the most trying of circumstances at Palace. He brought on some excellent young players and has left them flying. I will put money on Palace finishing higher than us and wouldn't bet against Bolton doing the same. Would hasten to add, hope I am wrong!

That would mean Palace and Bolton getting automatic promotion :D

I think you need a new calculator pal. That would be a 12-18 million loss over a 6 month period.

Not beyond the realms of possibility.

Bloody hell! You don't learn do you? How's that Wednesday bet looking?

Palace will no doubt cash in on their main asset in January, they wont be able to keep him, especially now in the international squad, indeed, a player of that quality would take the attention of two players in a game and thats why Palace are motoring at the moment, as for Bolton, we shall see, they have Eagles who is a dangerous player but I doubt they have massive quality in their side but I would think Rovers have more than them, however, bringing through youth players looks like what Berg is doing but it takes time and even wee Dougie wouldnt have two years at Rovers to do that!!

I doubt that anybody would seriously compare us with a global brand like Liverpool. The point is that Liverpool supporters hated their owners at the time at least as much as Rovers fans have hated Venkys yet there was no discernible decrease in the support of their team. That has nothing to do with Global branding or size of support, its about a passion and love for your club.

Jesus christ. No, they didn't hate them at least as much as we have hated Venkys, are you for real? And yes, having massive support DOES have a LOT to do with no discernible decrease in attendance. I'm not sure how you can even think otherwise. Supply and demand. Basic.

Archived