BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

I totally endorse Revs views and those of Maj.

None of what has transpired over the past 2 years can relate to any part of either knowledge or sense. As a consequence everyone's written their own script.

Let's get back to reality and just enjoy each others banter, company and diverse opinions once again

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think those saying that there is very little deep and sinister stuff going on are probably correct. I can see why fans came to those conclusions though.

Dumping the manager, chairman and MD when they were all among the very best in english football.

Appointing a mediocre coach, Preston reject and comical Malayasian TV pundit to replace them.

Taking most of your transfer advice from a slimy agent who clearly had vested interests.

All these decisions tread the line between gross incompetence and deliberate destruction. "Thankfully" its looking more and more likely that its the former.

Think those saying that there is very little deep and sinister stuff going on are probably correct. I can see why fans came to those conclusions though.

Dumping the manager, chairman and MD when they were all among the very best in english football.

Appointing a mediocre coach, Preston reject and comical Malayasian TV pundit to replace them.

Taking most of your transfer advice from a slimy agent who clearly had vested interests.

All these decisions tread the line between gross incompetence and deliberate destruction. "Thankfully" its looking more and more likely that its the former.

Whilst your argument makes some kind of sense, we are talking adults here not children, surely no adult is so incompetant!!

If thats the way you feel USABlue then the best way of supporting the club (and it is open to anyone, anywhere) would simply to be to buy a ST. Just over £200 pa (50p per day) and you will have more than done your share and whether you go or not is completely irrelevent.

Can I buy it and donate it to someone? Maybe I'll get one of the 1/2 season tickets and do that.

I was not just referring to financial support either gordon, I was more implying a change in attitude.

TND pm'd you.

As I posted yesterday, seemingly a bit like the manager recruitment process !

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@mozrover No news on staff yet. Taking longer than expected.

all depend who Berg is trying to bring in???

could be a coach who is full time with national team so he would have been busy this week with international game

all depend who Berg is trying to bring in???

could be a coach who is full time with national team so he would have been busy this week with international game

Chaddy - you should have learnt from the last two years that, IMO, nothing is either simple or straightforward with Rovers now.

But what is fit and proper? Owners are deemed fit and unfit on numerous levels. Bolton's owners have racked up £100m + of debt, our previous ownership structure racked up £20m+ of debt too (and it would have been much higher but for the likes of Bentley, Santa Cruz , Warnock etc being flogged) - are they fit and proper and do they offer sustainability? I think it's a hard one for the Premier League to judge. I think all they can do is uncover whether or not they are criminals and try to suss out their intentions, but once they give the green light, their hands are tied.

''I'd like to hire that rather large and expensive super yacht please''

''Certainly sir have you ever sailed one before?''

''never''

''do you have anybody with you such as a crew who have experience of sailing one before''

''no sir , nobody in our gang has come even remotely close to getting on a boat never mind sailing one-especially a top of the range one''

''do you have a criminal record??''

''no sir , none whatsoever''

'' excellent theres the keys crack on ''

For god sake Pedro don't you think there should be any demonstrable level of competency???

Not sure about the knowledge/experience held by the respective groups that took over man utd, man city, chelsea, arsenal, villa, newcastle, liverpool...

Exactly-the problem isnt confined to Venkys or Rovers.The whole thing is a farce

Thing about Venky's is that their incompetence knows no bounds. There was never any logic behind their actions. Like I once remarked, it was equatable to a Dingle taking over Rovers on Football Manager purely for the chance to sabotage us. I don't know how they could have done any worse. It's no wonder Venky's time here has fuelled so many conspiracy theories - from the crackpot to the not-so-crazy. It's the nature of the beast.

Exactly-the problem isnt confined to Venkys or Rovers.The whole thing is a farce

with so much money involved in football it is bound to attract crooks , Charlatans , spivs or whatever you want to call some of these unscrupolous owners Portsmouth , Rangers , Hearts , Darlington , etc the list grows....IMO anyone who thinks whats gone on in the last 2 years at Rovers thinking it's all down to Nieavness by new business people owners should be sent to the funny farm...

Not sure about the knowledge/experience held by the respective groups that took over man utd, man city, chelsea, arsenal, villa, newcastle, liverpool...

Man Utd., Arsenal, Villa,and Liverpool owners are all involved with american sports teams. Not sure if Abramovich is still involved with a Russion team

''I'd like to hire that rather large and expensive super yacht please''

''Certainly sir have you ever sailed one before?''

''never''

''do you have anybody with you such as a crew who have experience of sailing one before''

''no sir , nobody in our gang has come even remotely close to getting on a boat never mind sailing one-especially a top of the range one''

''do you have a criminal record??''

''no sir , none whatsoever''

'' excellent theres the keys crack on ''

For god sake Pedro don't you think there should be any demonstrable level of competency???

Eh, at what point have I said they were either fit, proper or competent??

I think the whole fit and proper test is an utter farce...they'll pretty much just check you have some money and that your name is not Michael Knighton, nothing more than that. Unless you are a convicted, money laundering war criminal they aren't going to say no and won't even have the right to turn them down. It's just a bit of bull to appease the fans and media.

Also, apart from financing, what can they actually judge you on?

A fine example is (on the surface) at one club we have a barmy chap who thinks dark forces and the royals killed his son, built a statue of the worlds most famous possible kiddie fiddler outside the ground, he never had the reins to a football club before but all that aside...he's crackers but has done a decent job.

Then somewhere else at x amount of clubs, we have bland as toast, zero personality suits who rack up tens of millions of pounds of debt.

Eh, at what point have I said they were either fit, proper or competent??

I think the whole fit and proper test is an utter farce...they'll pretty much just check you have some money and that your name is not Michael Knighton, nothing more than that. Unless you are a convicted, money laundering war criminal they aren't going to say no and won't even have the right to turn them down. It's just a bit of bull to appease the fans and media.

A fine example is (on the surface) at one club we have a barmy chap who thinks dark forces and the royals killed his son, built a statue of the worlds most famous possible kiddie fiddler outside the ground, he never had the reins to a football club before but all that aside...he's crackers but has done a decent job.

Then somewhere else at x amount of clubs, we have bland as toast, zero personality suits who rack up tens of millions of pounds of debt.

Think I will re post this

The tests as are, are there to cover the backsides of the FA

Southampton

West Ham

Hull

Doncaster

Darlington

Man City

Chelsea

Man Utd

Leeds

Sheff Wed

Portsmouth

Notts Forest

Watford

Leicester

Notts County

Not unusual to get in trouble financially is it? How many of those had "bad" owners.

It's not an easy game to play. Especially for amateurs

That's the big thing. I'm not sure on what grounds people expect Venky's should have failed the test.

They're a legitimate business with enough funds to own a club like Rovers. I don't think the PL have any responsibility for Venky's lack of ability, we're just very unfortunate to have been lumbered with them.

Please please can we discuss rovers finance and our owners elsewhere, this is a thread about Berg

Ok.

The standout thing for me regarding Berg is that I trust him. I trust him to make the best decisions for us and I trust him to get shut of any leeches. I think he actually cares for us and the club and simply wants us to win and do well. He wasn't my first choice but I also don't think he's a bad choice, there is some common sense behind him being chosen.

Kean proved that he wanted the best for Kean, we didn't come into it. I pray that one day someone speaks out about what was actually going on, we deserve to know.

Shabby has the title of Adviser so maybe he does advise the manager on his opinion of team selections every game but the manager has the final say. Although on some occasions he may advise a little stronger than others :)

50p in a collection box at the end of each day. You won't miss it.

Neither will the club. Let's be realistic here, fan contribution is a drop in the ocean of ridiculous wages we pay out, won't avert any impending financial crisis unless they are used to buy the club, and it just isn't fair to pressure fans into paying for something they won't use. Let's live in the real world eh?

Neither will the club. Let's be realistic here, fan contribution is a drop in the ocean of ridiculous wages we pay out, won't avert any impending financial crisis unless they are used to buy the club, and it just isn't fair to pressure fans into paying for something they won't use. Let's live in the real world eh?

10,000 fans each paying an average of £300 per season for their ST's = £3 million. Just enough to pay Danny Murphy for a year. Frightening.

Archived