BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please lets move on from the R4G post. he said sorry and he meant no harm to anyone. Berg doesnt want him team going public a hour before kick off. which is fine BUT the whole situation has been made a massive issue sadly for no reason at all.

Rovers should have dealt with this privately. but someone made it public knowledge for some reason

berg been here 2 minutes already shouting his mouth off, nobhead

You're an idiot. Every manager in the world would have something to say about team selections being leaked. Even the very best like Ferguson.

I agree with all of the above. I was pleasantly surprised by the performance today, he was very unlucky not to have 3 points. On a different day we would have easily trounced Birmingham but it was just one of those games where one team totally dominated but couldn't get it in the net.

Berg has a huge problem.

He prefers 1 up front which doesn't suit Rhodes.

Sees Rochina as potentially, a great talent.

Also likes Simon whose best role is similar to Rochina.

Best will be fit come Jan. and might help get the best out of Rhodes.

How do you put that jigsaw together ?

I didn't go today and need to see some consistent evidence that things are on the up before returning.

Need to remember that, IMO, in the Kean days, we resembled a rabble. No disrepect to Berg but any half decent football man could improve on that as, perhaps, Black proved. So yes, improvements obviously welcomed but 2 points from 3 games suggests there is a feckin awful long way to go. Happy to reserve judgement on Berg until post Christmas, but little doubt, the other new Championship managers have made a bigger impact - Ipswich were everyone's whipping boys, the Bolton shower got Coyle the sack, whilst, IMO, Howe couldn't get out of Burnley fast enough, wonder why - so not having it that Berg inherited a far worse set-up.

Berg has a huge problem.

I didn't go today and need to see some consistent evidence that things are on the up before returning.

Need to remember that, IMO, in the Kean days, we resembled a rabble. No disrepect to Berg but any half decent football man could improve on that as, perhaps, Black proved. So yes, improvements obviously welcomed but 2 points from 3 games suggests there is a feckin awful long way to go. Happy to reserve judgement on Berg until post Christmas, but little doubt, the other new Championship managers have made a bigger impact - Ipswich were everyone's whipping boys, the Bolton shower got Coyle the sack, whilst, IMO, Howe couldn't get out of Burnley fast enough, wonder why - so not having it that Berg inherited a far worse set-up.

Today wasn't an improvement it was more like a night and day difference. Rovers were terribly unlucky not to get 3 points, they completely outplayed Birmingham. In the first half we were especially brilliant apart from some dodgy defending for their goal.

As for Berg preferring one up front. I'm pretty sure if we had a target man we'd be playing him up front with Rhodes as that what today's performance was crying out for today. Have to say we still aren't playing fully fit at the moment too, but fitter than we have been. Last 15 minutes was a bit of a slog you could tell. But, there was a difference.

Berg has made a huge difference, the players look up for it. In the first 15 minutes we were playing like Barcelona the ball was being passed around that fluidly, through balls and balls played into space. Just a shame we didn't have a target man to make the most of the possession and take some workload of Rhodes and allow him to concentrate on what he's good at.

Berg has a huge problem.

After today so do I , a lot. Nay saying for the sake of it. YOu have to be kidding me.

berg been here 2 minutes already shouting his mouth off, nobhead

Well done, you've just joined the minority group with one member in it.

Berg has been at the club about 9 days. In that short time he has done well. Good results will come soon. Very unlucky yesterday.

Clearly, any half decent new manager would give the place a lift and help generate renewed optimism.

Berg would not have been my choice, however, like all reasonable supporters, I am only too happy to give the guy a fair crack of the whip.

Where I become guarded, is when supporters get overly excited with what they have seen in just two matches (Hudders & Brum) and two matches that have yielded just two points.

No disputing, there do appear to have been some big steps made with the team from the Kean days but we all, unfortunately, will not forget just how bad those Kean days were, so there does need to be a sense of perspective.

Throughout life, business and sport, I have seen too many false dawns. I sincerely hope that this does not prove to be one of them.

I will look how things are towards the end of December when Berg will have completed 12 games in charge and if things are looking good, I will renew the season tickets that I relinquished this season, that is, of course, if half season tickets are available.

Well done, you've just joined the minority group with one member in it.

Berg has been at the club about 9 days. In that short time he has done well. Good results will come soon. Very unlucky yesterday.

If you think about it he has had about 3-4 training days in total.

The players have had 2 years worth of negative tactics.

To have such a positive display in such a short time speaks volumes of his capabilities.

Time will tell, but the first few steps look encouraging to me.

If you think about it he has had about 3-4 training days in total.

The players have had 2 years worth of negative tactics.

To have such a positive display in such a short time speaks volumes of his capabilities.

Time will tell, but the first few steps look encouraging to me.

Half season tickets will be on sale pal, seen a poster on saturday at the ground

Clearly, any half decent new manager would give the place a lift and help generate renewed optimism.

Berg would not have been my choice, however, like all reasonable supporters, I am only too happy to give the guy a fair crack of the whip.

Where I become guarded, is when supporters get overly excited with what they have seen in just two matches (Hudders & Brum) and two matches that have yielded just two points.

No disputing, there do appear to have been some big steps made with the team from the Kean days but we all, unfortunately, will not forget just how bad those Kean days were, so there does need to be a sense of perspective.

Throughout life, business and sport, I have seen too many false dawns. I sincerely hope that this does not prove to be one of them.

I will look how things are towards the end of December when Berg will have completed 12 games in charge and if things are looking good, I will renew the season tickets that I relinquished this season, that is, of course, if half season tickets are available.

Fair points, Mercerman.

There is a tendency to get a little carried away after some encouraging signs from our new manager. However, after the last two years of **** and betrayal, I'd say fans are somewhat entitled to take whatever joy they can grab. We're already looking a much stronger side in a short space of time. Just need to tighten up at the back and start converting performances into three points. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that Berg's the man to do this. Time will tell.

Both Hughes and Allardyce obviously revitalised the team after following two poor managers but neither (Sam's 1st match v Stoke excepted) got immediate rewards in terms of points.

Interesting that Berg keeps putting emphasis on playing good football and in the right way - hopefully not at the expense of conceding goals and results.

Especially in this awful league, you need to graft and grind out results, hope he realises this.

Archived