BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will fans go back now?

damo100

Initially some will go back but I can't see a lot going back. Although Berg is a nice fellow and I hope he gets us promoted, he wasn't anyone's first choice.

If he kicks off with some good results no doubt people will come flocking back. I just wish we had some wingers at he club.

I'm afraid we already have a lot of w(h)ingers

Berg has a baptism and a half with back to back tricky away games before our next home game. I came back as I said I would v Wolves, was appalled at the standard/set up by Black. When the Loons ballsed up the appointment, I stayed away. I've got my tickets today for the Brum game, I so want to be optimistic (rather than positive FFS!) and I hope others do, but I too can't see a huge surge in attendances (unless he were to turn up at Ewood already in possession of 6 points!) - Venkys have systematically destroyed our supporter base without a doubt.

I personallly feel we will get a couple of thousand returning which could be greater dependant on the football on show and results etc.. Lets be honest guys, go back 2 months, i know where i'd rather be, we need to get behind OUR club!!!

• Moderation Lead

I think some will only come back if Venky's go/or if they sort the club out (not holding my breath on the latter).

I just hope Berg can get us playing, sort out the fitness of the players and get them bloody motivated!!

A few will return but the damage has been done with relegation and the madcap events at Ewood over the past 2 years. And then there is the continuing problem of Venky's - many people will stay away until they have left the club. Since November 2010 we have lost about 10,000 fans on average per home game and the majority of those will not be back even if we achieve promotion this season.

Any excuse I'm afraid. I wish people would just be honest and admit that they aren't interested in Rovers unless they can get a cheap ticket to gawp as some pop star's latest squeeze.

Many like myself swore not to return until Kean was sacked. The owners made a hash of getting rid and this exasperated fans even more and summed up their tenure of mismanagement.

I didn't feel I was going back on my word not renewing after he left; more that I would be cheating myself handing my money over to these clowns- they couldn't get a simple thing like sacking him right.

Went to the Wednesday game which was abysmal BUT we've finally made a positive step in appointing a strong character and a Rovers man. Will be at Huddersfield and will be getting a season ticket.

Any excuse I'm afraid. I wish people would just be honest and admit that they aren't interested in Rovers unless they can get a cheap ticket to gawp as some pop star's latest squeeze.

Given that ticket sales held up very well 13 years ago, I have to say I think you're completely wrong and I think your characterisation is a mite bit insulting.

The club seems to have lost the family feel with owners who don't really understand it and go about running the club in a very cack-handed way. It doesn't feel like Rovers any more, and some people have longer memories that they can't just be bought off with the appointment of an ex-player as manager.

Initially some will go back but I can't see a lot going back. Although Berg is a nice fellow and I hope he gets us promoted, he wasn't anyone's first choice.

If he kicks off with some good results no doubt people will come flocking back. I just wish we had some wingers at he club.

Do you not like Nunes? I think he will become a very good player and looks up to speed now. Also, with a bit of luck Simon could get a look in now that Berg is here. We also have the Olsson's for the left flank too.

I think the players are there, they just need a bit of nurturing, belief and a kick up the arse to start performing as an effective unit.

In terms of will supporters come back - I really hope so. I'd be happy with 18 - 20k supportive fans. We've lost some good fans over the last couple of years who have felt they had to stay away through sheer principle, they are the ones I want back. The 'quick to moaners' (that we've always had) can stay away as far as I'm concerned because it is going to be a rollercoaster from now until May.

It's a fresh start, let's hope we build on it.

I'll be back, backing Hennings Rovers 100%!

I wont be until Henning has sacked some of the crud that this club has brought in and has his team in place.

This lot (with the exception of a few) at this moment arent fit to wear our shirts.

I wont be until Henning has sacked some of the crud that this club has brought in and has his team in place.

This lot (with the exception of a few) at this moment arent fit to wear our shirts.

And once they are gone, what will it take for you to return then? Singh gone? Venkys sold up? Thatcher revoked as honorary club vice-president? An admission the moon landings were fake? World peace?

Get down to Ewood and do your bit. Stop moving the goalposts!

And once they are gone, what will it take for you to return then? Singh gone? Venkys sold up? Thatcher revoked as honorary club vice-president? An admission the moon landings were fake? World peace?

Get down to Ewood and do your bit. Stop moving the goalposts!

Well said. We renewed our season tickets once kean had gone because that's what we said we'd do. You cannot keep changing the criteria for your return. Venkys won't be able to go unless they can find a buyer. They won't sack Singh unless there is a sudden change of heart somewhere. As fans we've come in for a fair amount of unjust criticism but outsiders will not understand why we can't get behind our team now that the immediate cause of our discontent - Kean and his lying uselessness - has gone. It's time to do more than give Berg a chance. He was very few people's first choice, but he obviously wanted the job - i heard an interview with him a few weeks ago that made me think, he'd take this if it were offered as he's obviously keen to do something for a club that clearly matters to him - so he's getting my support, and if he mucks things up and the task is beyond him, then he'll certainly have given it his best shot.

Archived