BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen promised new contract by Venkys, Berg knows nothing about it

At least with Hendry we don't have to worry about a transfer, we can just terminate him. Although given our administrative incompetence he is probably due a massive whack if we do sack him.

In the games I've seen, Pedersen looks like a by-stander. His corners have been absolutely appalling, hitting the first man time after time. He just seems to go about his work in a very slapdash manner and I think he's a luxury we can ill-afford at the moment. Having said that, at least he is a footballer, unlike some of the padding we currently have in our squad.

Wonder what Myles Anderson is up to right now? Bet we find it impossible to transfer him, he'll just wind his time down in the reserves, picking up serious wedge for being useless.

The unfairness of it all is so galling.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People need to open their eyes a little. Slagging of players for not staying loyal, and then calling those who stated only motivated by cash. Madness really, but to sum it up;

The General Football fan is truly ignorant.

I've opened my eyes, the problem is some people haven't. Pedersen was a very good player but now he's not. By the looks of it fans are having their judgement clouded because they reminisce about the past and are not focusing on the present.

I don't care about loyalty, I only care about Rovers doing well. When a player declines and becomes a detriment to the team you should move them on, that's what proper clubs do. It's that sort of wishy-washy stance with players like Pedersen that has contributed to the decline of this team and where we have ended up.

Chris Rush ISN'T a fitness coach. He was never brought into the club to do fitness, he shouldn't be doing fitness and he isn't a fully trained fitness coach like Mark Howard was.

He is a strengh and conditioning coach, it's an entirely different thing.

I know that JB but he has been doing it.

Hopefully this something Berg is looking to do and hire a new proper fitness coach.

Like he wrote about Harry being in Blackburn?

dont think he did

Strange how you can view the game differently. I see a player who deems it acceptable to just let the opposition run past him without even attempting putting to put a challenge in.

You could put a cardboard cut out of Pedersen on the pitch and you'd have roughly the same effect. The opposing player would still have to run round it and we'd save our self 50k p.w.!

The same could be said about Rochina, Murphy, Formica, Etuhu and a good many more. I just feel with have a better balance with Pedersen and he is capable of delivering a decent cross or pass. I admit that he can be inconsistent but for me his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. I believe he could be used on the left in the same way Waggy used to be with a younger full-back making the runs down the wing with Pedersen feeding them from a deeper position. We saw something like this at Leeds but we haven't really tried it since.

When a player declines and becomes a detriment to the team you should move them on, that's what proper clubs do. It's that sort of wishy-washy stance with players like Pedersen that has contributed to the decline of this team and where we have ended up.

Completely agree with that. The problem stemmed imo from the Walker Trust's refusal to put any more money into the Club and hence our inability to pay transfer fees to bring in new players. Players like Roberts, Pedersen, Nelsen and Emerton knew they were on easy street and we were sucked into an ever increasing cycle of pay increases every time the TV money went up because we couldn't afford to replace them.

I am sure if you looked up the all time assist table for Blackburn Rovers, you will find MGP somewhere near the top. The frustration is he couldn't carry on the form early in his career at Ewood. However, it is wrong to slag his current performances just because he's not quite the same player.

The reality is, we are more likely to score with Gamst on the pitch. Someone described his set pieces as "ok"- I would argue that he is the best set piece taker to grace Ewood in my lifetime.

People need to open their eyes a little. Slagging of players for not staying loyal, and then calling those who stated only motivated by cash. Madness really, but to sum it up;

The General Football fan is truly ignorant.

Bang on. Has given me some of my best memories as a Rovers fan and seems a great guy too. Obviously not as good as he was but recent contributions (set up for Rhodes at Derby, corner which Etuhu headed onto bar at Palace) eclipse the cr@p nothingness produced by the rest of our midfield. He is one of our best midfielders, if thats a reflection on the rest of the squad then so be it.

Completely agree with that. The problem stemmed imo from the Walker Trust's refusal to put any more money into the Club and hence our inability to pay transfer fees to bring in new players. Players like Roberts, Pedersen, Nelsen and Emerton knew they were on easy street and we were sucked into an ever increasing cycle of pay increases every time the TV money went up because we couldn't afford to replace them.

The bottom line is that we would have been stronger last season if these players had been used but Venkys saw fit to ditch Roberts, Nelsen, and Emerton (not to mention Salgado). John Williams was quite right when he said your wage bill often reflects your final League position. The Trust may have been flawed but it took Venkys to bring the club to its knees. Venkys tried to cut costs last season and it going to cost them a fortune in the long run and will probably see our club exiled from top flight football for many years to come.

I'm not sure you did.

Quite right, in my haste it was your quote of rossyrovers post which I agreed with. I thought it was unlikely I'd agree with you.

I'm not having the nonsense about his "appalling" free kicks and corners. With the right utilisation MGPs delivery has been, and still is a top flight weapon.

Perhaps a research of Big Sams time at The club can prove this. A manager who knew how to utilise set pieces.

And pairing Nelsen and Roberts in with the argument that he should have been replaced. Stop me if I'm wrong, but both these players are top flight right now?

As for MGP, hope he makes 10 years. When was the last testimonial we had? A stint of such should be heralded even if he couldn't keep up to the early dizzy heights.

The bottom line is that we would have been stronger last season if these players had been used but Venkys saw fit to ditch Roberts, Nelsen, and Emerton (not to mention Salgado). John Williams was quite right when he said your wage bill often reflects your final League position. The Trust may have been flawed but it took Venkys to bring the club to its knees. Venkys tried to cut costs last season and it going to cost them a fortune in the long run and will probably see our club exiled from top flight football for many years to come.

Quite right Parson. Roberts, Nelsen and Emerton would all walk into our current team. I'm surprised [well not really] that Rev uses these three players as part of the reason for the problems we have now.

As for MGP, hope he makes 10 years. When was the last testimonial we had?.

Tax free testimonial for a guy on £50,000 a week?

50 grand a week for Pedersen.....say what you want about the guy but at least he's loyal :rolleyes:

Because no one else will pay him £50,000 a week

Quite right, in my haste it was your quote of rossyrovers post which I agreed with. I thought it was unlikely I'd agree with you.

I'm not having the nonsense about his "appalling" free kicks and corners. With the right utilisation MGPs delivery has been, and still is a top flight weapon.

Perhaps a research of Big Sams time at The club can prove this. A manager who knew how to utilise set pieces.

And pairing Nelsen and Roberts in with the argument that he should have been replaced. Stop me if I'm wrong, but both these players are top flight right now?

As for MGP, hope he makes 10 years. When was the last testimonial we had? A stint of such should be heralded even if he couldn't keep up to the early dizzy heights.

Posts like this make me lose the will to live. You must inhabit a parallel universe where there's actually a player called MGP that can actually play football. Either that or you're his agent. We're paying £ 50k a week to a guy who can only

make the bench of a very average team in the fizzy pop league and you think he should have a testimonial ! You do know Jack Walker's dead don't you.

Some people really are dead to football these days.

When was the last player to play for a Rovers, continuously, for 10 years.

If we can't look forward to a player making it to that milestone even if only as a bit part sub for the last couple then the heart has completely gone out of people.

Pedersen has been a great servant to the club - even if his powers on the pitch have waned. He ha conducted himself impeccably and seems to love the club. Say what you like about the money - players on more that Peds have come and gone.

Call me sentimental or foolish, or both but I would be at his testimonial with bells on.

(Seriously though, who was the last Rovers player to reach an unbroken 10?)

If we can't look forward to a player making it to that milestone even if only as a bit part sub for the last couple then the heart has completely gone out of people.

Pedersen has been a great servant to the club - even if his powers on the pitch have waned. He ha conducted himself impeccably and seems to love the club. Say what you like about the money - players on more that Peds have come and gone.

Call me sentimental or foolish, or both but I would be at his testimonial with bells on.

I could call you a few things but I won't. Let's just say they wouldn't be " sentimental or foolish ".

Here, here.

Only testimonial I can remember is Duncan Shearer, but I have no idea why I was at Ewood that day, or who Dunc played 10 years for.

Don't think so.......did he last 10 months never mind 10 years?

I am 100% sure Dunc's testimonial was at Ewood - I vaguely remeber us playing a Scottish side... Aberdeen? Shay Given was in the sticks for us that day.

I am 100% sure Dunc's testimonial was at Ewood - I vaguely remeber us playing a Scottish side... Aberdeen? Shay Given was in the sticks for us that day.

I'm pretty sure we played Aberdeen in Terry Gennoe's testimonial and Duncan Shearer was playing for them. I say this because I ran the line that day.

Archived