SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the Sunday People,

Alan Nixon has said that Rovers want Blackpool centre back Alex Baptiste. around 1 million pounds.

Top Hopkinson has said that Rovers want free agent Lee Williamson. was at Pompey will Appleton. decent back up player.

Why would Williamson be good back up? We need someone to improve the first team. Not everyone would be a good signing.

The good thing about Baptiste is he can play along the back 4, but I doubt Blackpool will sell to Appleton.

Why would Williamson be good back up? We need someone to improve the first team. Not everyone would be a good signing.

The good thing about Baptiste is he can play along the back 4, but I doubt Blackpool will sell to Appleton.

didnt say good.

said decent. 4th choice behind Murphy, Etuhu n Lowe

Lowe is playing well at the minute.

Etuhu is good ball winning midfielder but has struggle to adapt to the Championship but Im sure he will adapt to it. he just need time and fans not to get on his back.

Murphy and Lowe are doing well as a partnership in the centre mid.

The next four days will be interesting to see who Appleton buys and sell.

Disagree on Etuhu, his main asset was his strength and power and that seems to have gone, he doesn't seem to want to be here, whereas Murphy does in my opinion and has improved alot recently.

I think we definitely need a natural right winger who can play in a 4-4-2. Bentley, Chris Burke and Jerome Thomas would all be good signings, Adomoah I feel would be too expensive.

I think goalkeeper is covered, as is right back with Henley and Orr. If we could get Baptiste, him, Dann and Hanley would need to be backed up by one of the younger promising defenders. Martin Olsson needs cover, maybe Rekik would be a good loan.

Right wing we need someone as aforementioned, left wing we should be ok (hopefully we can see more of Nunes), we need a partner for Murphy and Lowe can cover, with someone currently in the squad(Perhaps Pedersen or Etuhu unfortunately) as 4th choice.

Up front we are fine. Therefore I'd like Burke, Baptiste, Rekik on loan and a central midfielder, and to offload as much crap as possible to desperate teams.

Disagree on Etuhu, his main asset was his strength and power and that seems to have gone, he doesn't seem to want to be here, whereas Murphy does in my opinion and has improved alot recently.

I think we definitely need a natural right winger who can play in a 4-4-2. Bentley, Chris Burke and Jerome Thomas would all be good signings, Adomoah I feel would be too expensive.

I think goalkeeper is covered, as is right back with Henley and Orr. If we could get Baptiste, him, Dann and Hanley would need to be backed up by one of the younger promising defenders. Martin Olsson needs cover, maybe Rekik would be a good loan.

Right wing we need someone as aforementioned, left wing we should be ok (hopefully we can see more of Nunes), we need a partner for Murphy and Lowe can cover, with someone currently in the squad(Perhaps Pedersen or Etuhu unfortunately) as 4th choice.

Up front we are fine. Therefore I'd like Burke, Baptiste, Rekik on loan and a central midfielder, and to offload as much crap as possible to desperate teams.

agree on most of one you have said.

we have to agree to disagree on Etuhu.

We need to get rid of Givet, Robinson and Rosado. Plus more in the summer.

we got Ryan Edwards has fourth choice CB, so signing experience championship CB like Alex Baptiste.

Right winger need someone with good crossing ability like Bentley, Burke or Henry from Millwall.

we need a box to box midfielder for sure.

Kean

Usai

Henley Dann Hanley Mn Olsson

Orr Baptiste Edwards Rekik

Burke Murphy Lowe Nunes

King ? Pedersen Mk Olsson

Rhodes Best

Gomes Kazim

With Dunn and Rochina in the squad as subs. I can't think of a realistic ball winner we could sign.

I don't rate Mk Olsson or Pedersen but its clear Appleton likes their work rate and therefore I included them in the squad.

That means anyone else IMO can go.

That includes Robinson, Sandomierski, Kane, Henrique, Givet, Vukcevic, Rosado, Slew, Goodwillie, Linganzi, Jorge, Edinho and even Etuhu.

Obviously that will be the difficult part, and a longer term job, Henrique and Rosado we can hopefully flog to Portugal this week, Givet, Robinson and Goodwillie might find someone who fancies them in the desperation of the last week of the window, and Vukcevic might go abroad but I doubt it.

The likes of Raheem Hanley, O'Sullivan and Fernandez can perhaps feature in the squad if we pick up injuries.

Lowe is playing well at the minute.

Etuhu is good ball winning midfielder but has struggle to adapt to the Championship but Im sure he will adapt to it. he just need time and fans not to get on his back.

Murphy and Lowe are doing well as a partnership in the centre mid.

The next four days will be interesting to see who Appleton buys and sell.

Etuhu needs time, are you being serious?

He's had 6 months in this league and has gradually got poorer.

They shoul change the song to "he's big and he's tall and he does f*** all, etuhu, hu, hu, hu, etuhu, hu, hu. He can't pass the ball and he can't score a goal, etuhu, hu, hu, hu, etuhu, hu, hu".

Don't really understand this needing time to settle in the Championship arguement. It's a bit like the Premiership but slower and the players are worse. Surely if you are OK in the Prem and take the same attitude you will be better than OK in the Championship. Am I missing something?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10188781.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Appleton_delighted_with_away_performance_at_Derby/

"Manchester City defender Karim Rekik is understood to be of several on his wish-list"

I watch Rekik play at left back against Reading earlier in the season and he was one of the best players on the pitch, got a great reception from the City fans when he was taken off near the end.

He would be a great signing. Doesn't say whether loan or permanent, I would guess loan (although City do have Clichy and Kolarov on their books).

Don't really understand this needing time to settle in the Championship arguement. It's a bit like the Premiership but slower and the players are worse. Surely if you are OK in the Prem and take the same attitude you will be better than OK in the Championship. Am I missing something?

I think the Premier League defences and midfielders stand off and give you more time. Refs also protect the players too much. Etuhu started really well but his confidence is shot to bits - regardless of the amount of money these people are on it can't be easy hearing people slagging you off and moaning at your every move. He may still come good but first of all needs to get stuck in and impose his size and strength on the opposition, he seems too much like the Green Mile guy.

Archived