Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
why waste money on wiseman, he cant even break into the barnsley first team

My worry is he isn't tailoring his targets to the squad and is just going for players he wanted as his other clubs and wasn't allowed to go for

the LT is saying rovers r interested in Scott Wiseman n Craig Dawson.

Wiseman is a right back.

Dawson is a centre back.

these are the two players he wanted at blackpool but oyston wouldnt pay the cash for wages.

They were both a Rochdale not long ago ! Dawson was supposed to be one for the future but his career seems to have stalled at West Brom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21071223

Cardiff close to signing Fraizer Campbell for £650,000? Less than 12 months ago his form earned an England call.

His pace and movement could be just the sort of thing that would open up more spaces for Rhodes to play in. I know a striker isn't a priority, but that price seems a bargain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21071223

Cardiff close to signing Fraizer Campbell for £650,000? Less than 12 months ago his form earned an England call.

His pace and movement could be just the sort of thing that would open up more spaces for Rhodes to play in. I know a striker isn't a priority, but that price seems a bargain.

Im with you - excellent business

This is going to be a job that needs a medium-long term plan, and probably needs the summer to carry out fully.

Next year, as a Championship club, if we can keep hold of Best and Rhodes, we have a partnership that would be excellent at this level. You then need 2 wingers to supply them, and thus 2 central midfielders to hold the fort. We need to get forward at a much quicker pace, we need to be more direct.

I'd bring Orr back to compete with Henley as he has Championship experience.

I would send Kazim, Kane and maybe even Sandomierski back.

I would actively seek to let go: Robinson, Henrique, Markus Olsson, Etuhu, Edinho, Rosado, Pedersen, Jorge, Slew, Linganzi and Morris. All of them can go for free IMO as we need to dramatically reduce wages.

I would then try and get a fee for Goodwillie and Formica, and also even encourage bids for Givet or Dann, Martin Olsson and Rochina. People might think that is controversial, but we need hungrier players and these 3 are likely to give us money to play with. Rochina plays in the hole and we can get rid of most of our players who play in this position IMO as you cannot afford a central 'number 10' and 2 strikers in one team.

That leaves:

GK: Kean, Usai.

Defenders: Henley, Orr, Hanley, Givet/Dann.

Central Midfielders: Murphy, Dunn, Lowe.

Wingers: King, Nunes, Vukcevic.

Strikers: Rhodes, Best, Gomes.

This needs to be a project done with a manager given time, and the blessings to implement changes. We need players that are hungry, mainly British, ones who will give 100% and no more players who like to play off a striker.

Players like Boyata/Dawson(loan), Dorrans, Bentley, Cresswell(Ipswich) and a really aggressive ball winner would be good, and affordable if we sold players like Formica, Martin Olsson, Rochina and Goodwillie.

A team of:

Kean

Henley Hanley Dawson Cresswell

Bentley Dorrans (Ball winning midfielder) Nunes

Best Rhodes

That team would suit our two strikers much better. Finding new clubs for the leeches that drain our wage bill should be prioritised, yet due to their contractual situations, it will be something we will need to be patient with.

This is going to be a job that needs a medium-long term plan, and probably needs the summer to carry out fully.

Next year, as a Championship club, if we can keep hold of Best and Rhodes, we have a partnership that would be excellent at this level. You then need 2 wingers to supply them, and thus 2 central midfielders to hold the fort. We need to get forward at a much quicker pace, we need to be more direct.

I'd bring Orr back to compete with Henley as he has Championship experience.

I would send Kazim, Kane and maybe even Sandomierski back.

I would actively seek to let go: Robinson, Henrique, Markus Olsson, Etuhu, Edinho, Rosado, Pedersen, Jorge, Slew, Linganzi and Morris. All of them can go for free IMO as we need to dramatically reduce wages.

I would then try and get a fee for Goodwillie and Formica, and also even encourage bids for Givet or Dann, Martin Olsson and Rochina. People might think that is controversial, but we need hungrier players and these 3 are likely to give us money to play with. Rochina plays in the hole and we can get rid of most of our players who play in this position IMO as you cannot afford a central 'number 10' and 2 strikers in one team.

That leaves:

GK: Kean, Usai.

Defenders: Henley, Orr, Hanley, Givet/Dann.

Central Midfielders: Murphy, Dunn, Lowe.

Wingers: King, Nunes, Vukcevic.

Strikers: Rhodes, Best, Gomes.

This needs to be a project done with a manager given time, and the blessings to implement changes. We need players that are hungry, mainly British, ones who will give 100% and no more players who like to play off a striker.

Players like Boyata/Dawson(loan), Dorrans, Bentley, Cresswell(Ipswich) and a really aggressive ball winner would be good, and affordable if we sold players like Formica, Martin Olsson, Rochina and Goodwillie.

A team of:

Kean

Henley Hanley Dawson Cresswell

Bentley Dorrans (Ball winning midfielder) Nunes

Best Rhodes

That team would suit our two strikers much better. Finding new clubs for the leeches that drain our wage bill should be prioritised, yet due to their contractual situations, it will be something we will need to be patient with.

Saddest thing is, is that you've obviously put a lot of time and thought into that post and yet its all absolute fantasy bollards.

Saddest thing is, is that you've obviously put a lot of time and thought into that post and yet its all absolute fantasy bollards.

Why? In summary roversfan99 suggests we need a complete overhaul of the squad, get rid of the deadwood on big wages, and replace with hungrier players more equipped for this league.

What's wrong with that? A lot would agree with him.

Why? In summary roversfan99 suggests we need a complete overhaul of the squad, get rid of the deadwood on big wages, and replace with hungrier players more equipped for this league.

What's wrong with that? A lot would agree with him.

its mainly his opinions his views of which of our current players are worth sticking with and the potential players he thinks we should bring in that is naive, No question the 1st team squad needs overhauling but this isn't champ manager you cant just buy and sell at will, it can only happen very gradually, right now we just need to try strengthen the backbone of the team with some gritty championship experienced players.

its mainly his opinions his views of which of our current players are worth sticking with and the potential players he thinks we should bring in that is naive, No question the 1st team squad needs overhauling but this isn't champ manager you cant just buy and sell at will, it can only happen very gradually, right now we just need to try strengthen the backbone of the team with some gritty championship experienced players.

I used to watch Rochdale with a pal of mine and from one season to the next the first eleven would change without recognition. Below the Prem players move with a far higher frequency.

Fair enough. I couldn't agree more with the need to strengthen with gritty championship experienced players. We are clearly lacking in this regard.

I used to watch Rochdale with a pal of mine and from one season to the next the first eleven would change without recognition. Below the Prem players move with a far higher frequency.

Not when they are currently still being paid premiere league wages(or close too) and theres many players still under long term contracts, that's the ridiculous situation we have now at rovers, other clubs either cant afford to anywhere near match the players wages or they just quite rightly don't think they are good enough to warrant such high wages, i can see some of the highest paid players holding out until the transfer windows closed in hope that the Venkys will simply pay off their contracts in full(as they have done in the past)

Based on MA saying he wants 3-4 players in this month, these are the positions I would like to see filled:

Centre back

Right back

Centre midfielder

Right wing

It's obvious we need a commanding Centre Back, neither Dann or Hanley are consistent enough but with Dann playing alongside a leader in the Nelsen mould then he may become better.

If Orr is coming back then we need a right back for sure. Also, if we lose Olsson this month then hopefully Henley can slot in at left back instead. Either that or we sign a replacement left back and Henley continues at right back on his return.

We desperately need a solid stamina driven engine in this team that we have lacked for yrs with the exception of Jermaine Jones loan stint.

Bringing in a right winger would hopefully free up Kaz or Simon to play more centrally, as I believe Josh King will make the left hand side his own. If we had a box to box ball winner in midfield alongside Simon I am sure it would pay off.

Henley is a very good right full back and will only get better, if we dont look after that lad, he will move on and we will have egg on our faces, he gets forward well, is quick, can tackle and defend!!

Maybe get someone as cover for him but he is good enough, morte importantly, that lad can play left back as well!

Yeah Henley at right back is one position we are fine for. If we can get a proper defensive midfielder then Lowe can provide cover for Henley. No need to spend money on that position.

I'm really disappointed that we haven't been able to discard some of our fringe players. I thought Robinson would have left by now, and I was hoping Givet and Formica would have returned to their homelands.

We're being strangled by these high earners that aren't even appearing in the first team.

Archived