BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underwhelmed about Kane. I know it's only a Henley replacement, but I've spoken to a big Chelsea fan who said "definitely not ready for Championship football", which seems to be backed up by the views of PNE fans. He was on their bench most weeks. Let's hope he's just here as cover, because it's a big ask to perform for the next month, especially with our young (and leaky) defence.

Underwhelmed about Kane. I know it's only a Henley replacement, but I've spoken to a big Chelsea fan who said "definitely not ready for Championship football", which seems to be backed up by the views of PNE fans. He was on their bench most weeks. Let's hope he's just here as cover, because it's a big ask to perform for the next month, especially with our young (and leaky) defence.

Im not. Hes an interesting one as he stood out in the youth cup, should be good to see if he can step up to senior football for now id say its very much like for like,

Gary Bowyer will be well aware of Kanes capabilities, was in one of the European squads so cant be that far away, was a stand out player in Chelsea v Rovers youth cup game, please remember, Chelsea's youth squad cost quite a bit to assemble and they have the pick of the bunch at times!!

Gary Bowyer will be well aware of Kanes capabilities, was in one of the European squads so cant be that far away, was a stand out player in Chelsea v Rovers youth cup game, please remember, Chelsea's youth squad cost quite a bit to assemble and they have the pick of the bunch at times!!

Dont you mean Terry McPhilips youth team manager rather than Gary Bowyer. Must say that this is a duo act and not just the Gary Bowyer show which just adds to the excitement.

You mean his 5 minute cameos and starting on the right wing against Manchester City?

Plus his starring role (not) against Accrington Stanley. if you can't even show a bit of class against that kind of opposition or get yourself a lead role in a team that desperately needs goals (most of last season), if you fail to impress on loan, then yes, you are pretty poor.

Rovers wanted Thorne from WBA

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4740914/George-Thorne-transfer-Blackburn-eye-West-Brom-ace.html

This is also in the Today's Daily Star

Also in the Sunday People Rovers are linked with David Bentley on loan. He is out of contract in the summer also.

I think the players I would get rid are Givet, Robinson and Formica. Maybe even Pedersen and Dunn but we do need some experience in our squad

Really think that as Reo-Coker has left Ipswich and is now a free agent, then he could be the steel and box to box midfielder we are looking for. No transfer fee and struggled to get a contract in the summer could make it at least worth a look.

I would see him as a b to b player but even if he was just a ball winner sitting in front of the back four, is that not also something that we a lacking in any quality. He seemed to be a fantastic talent who got wrapped up in his own self importance and has been cast aside. I think he could do a fantastic job and get his stalled career back on track and possibly make us some profit in a season or two.

• Backroom

When a defensive minded manager like McCarthy doesn't want NRC at an on-off team like Ipswich, that says a lot for me. Not sure he'd be what we want unless he retruns to his WestHam form of years ago.

Plus his starring role (not) against Accrington Stanley. if you can't even show a bit of class against that kind of opposition or get yourself a lead role in a team that desperately needs goals (most of last season), if you fail to impress on loan, then yes, you are pretty poor.

Vukcevic didn't show his class against MK Dons so a few people didn't think he deserved to get a chance in the league.....pretty ridiculous imo.

I don't think scoring goals was an issue last season but the only time he even slightly got a run in the team he scored a few, when Yakubu was suspended.....and he was technically playing out of position......we also used to slag off Kean's team selections all the time anyway so that renders your point moot imo.

He didn't get in the Palace side because they had the top scorer in the division with two of the best players in the division playing either side of him.

Goodwillie will score and play well alongside a Rhodes or Best because he did in Scotland which is roughly of a similar standard to the C'ship, imo a slightly better standard......and Celtic and Rangers are/were considerably better than any side we will come up against.

We just need to give him a chance......not that it matters much but he was scoring in training matches and in pre-season.....he's a good player, certainly at this level.

I think Vukcevic is a good player but not the saviour you portray him as haha, I think he features in every one of your posts.

Regarding Goodwillie, I have seen him a fair few times in person, basically all of his games here.

He looks slow, always on his heels, sluggish and unlike say Rochina, he doesn't accelerate very well from defenders.

He's also weak and didn't link up play very well.

He's like Rhodes in many ways, however without alot of the goals that makes Rhodes so good.

I think once Givet and Olsson leave, Vukcevic could become our best player.....I do really rate him and he should have been a consistent starter since the start of last season.....in this league largely devoid of quality, he could have as big of an impact for us as the likes of Ince, Zaha, Bolassie, Will Hughes etc do for their respective clubs.

Goodwillie wasn't slow a few seasons ago.....but the lack of fitness training and poor pre-seasons means that all of our players have looked a little slower.

He's not a lone striker so won't hold the ball up and bring others into play.......but he has good movement and his play is reliant on playing next to another striker......Kalinic looked an average-at-best player yet as soon as another striker played next to him, he looked a completely different player.

The same would happen with Goodwillie imo.....in Scotland he was never slow, or weak, and he didn't run like a penguin or any of that, we've just made him look worse.

The only time I've seen him recently was against Leicester and he looked good against a good side, linked up well with Rochina if I recall and could have scored after taking it past a player.....hopefully he gets a chance under Appleton.

He looks slow, always on his heels, sluggish and unlike say Rochina, he doesn't accelerate very well from defenders.

totally agree. slow, not just physically but mentally on the pitch. he doesn't seem to make the moves that suggest he has any chance of being prolific in this league. If I'm correct and you are Scottish then I don't blame you for championing your fellow countryman but don't expect me to agree with you. I don't write players off quickly but i can't see what anyone sees in Goodwillie. He was fairly prolific in Scotland i know but doesn't seem to have brought any of that to the table here.

It's better than the Championship though......Goodwillie has never been given a run in the side, nor has he ever been played in his rightfu position.....personally I would never make my mind up about a player if they haven't been allowed one of those things, let alone both....anyway, we'll leave it there and see if he gets a game.

P'boro fans seem to rate that Thorne who I've admittedly never heard of.

http://www.londonroad.net/Forums/showthread.php?t=54198

Could be what we've been crying out for.

Archived