BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take him back. I was thinking about him today watching Sturridge go down the flank and then wait too long to get the cross in. I cant remember a better game in recent memory than a bentley hattrick against United. Then he went all flash and did not perform with Brum. On his day no better crosser of an early defence splitting ball. Made Benni and Roque look good. Plus some cracking goals from outside the penalty box.Maybe still dreaming but why not.

I would take him back. I was thinking about him today watching Sturridge go down the flank and then wait too long to get the cross in. I cant remember a better game in recent memory than a bentley hattrick against United. Then he went all flash and did not perform with Brum. On his day no better crosser of an early defence splitting ball. Made Benni and Roque look good. Plus some cracking goals from outside the penalty box.Maybe still dreaming but why not.

Ditto. Bentley is of my favourite Rovers players. In fact that team circa 2005-07 was brilliant, and in my opinion as good as the 94-95 team, although thats getting off topic.

On his day Bentley was one of the best I've seen in a rovers shirt. I remember Derby away over xmas end of 2007 I think, he got the man of the match, destroyed Derby on his own.

Although he could beat players, his game was never reliant on lightning pace, and so at 28 years of age he surely must have something left to give, even though he hasn't played much for the last few years.

It would be nice if he came back. I think he owes us after his big time Charlie interview on sky at a beach party in Spain somewhere shortly before he left. He said he wanted to leave for a bigger club.

Ditto. Bentley is of my favourite Rovers players. In fact that team circa 2005-07 was brilliant, and in my opinion as good as the 94-95 team, although thats getting off topic.

On his day Bentley was one of the best I've seen in a rovers shirt. I remember Derby away over xmas end of 2007 I think, he got the man of the match, destroyed Derby on his own.

Although he could beat players, his game was never reliant on lightning pace, and so at 28 years of age he surely must have something left to give, even though he hasn't played much for the last few years.

It would be nice if he came back. I think he owes us after his big time Charlie interview on sky at a beach party in Spain somewhere shortly before he left. He said he wanted to leave for a bigger club.

And of course we received a Kings ransom from Spurs for his services. Now we need him to support our King :lol:

deffo take Bentley back i think there is a place in our team for him , as people have said never had pace but he was more about quality in his delivery , he was also very good defensively he would always track back and protect his full back

I was in Perth (Scotland) at the the weekend and there was talk up there about us signing a player called Murray Davidson from St Johnston.

Good player, exactly the kind we need......defensive mid who loves getting stuck in but also gets forward well......better with the ball than Lowe/Etuhu but nothing too special If I recall....haven't seen him too often though.

Would love Bentley back.....he can just stand still and cross the ball to Rhodes if he's gash at everything else.

Good player, exactly the kind we need......defensive mid who loves getting stuck in but also gets forward well......better with the ball than Lowe/Etuhu but nothing too special If I recall....haven't seen him too often though.

Would love Bentley back.....he can just stand still and cross the ball to Rhodes if he's gash at everything else.

We need a few work horses instead of a nice pony like Bentley.

We'll probably play Kazim and King on the wings, more often than not, so we won't provide enough crosses for Rhodes as King will cut inside and Kazim will shoot from 35 yards.

We need quality on the wings and a work horse in the middle.....Bentley doesn't shirk his defensive duties either.....he's a proper winger who are more of an asset in this league.

I honestly think we have too many wide/ in the hole type players who dont really have a set role.

Id be happy for us to let Formica & Pedersen leave aslong as we bring a right winger in. We have King, Olsson, Rochina & Nunes who can all play left wing.

Id then look for a centre mid - Frimpong would be a good signing I think on loan.

15 days into the window and all they can come up with so far is a chelsea reserve on loan for a month and a permanent signing of an average berg signing, no good getting a new manager in if they are not willing to spend some money on players we need

Archived