BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

Depends how Best is when he comes back.

I have a sneaky feeling that we're going to end up with Best as first choice striker with Kazim-Richards, Rochina and King as three attacking players behind him.

And Rhodes will be where?

1. A team isn't going to spend £8m+ on a striker that can't even play until next season

2. Austin will probably be available for less and is eligible to play, and has a better goalscoring record this season.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. A team isn't going to spend £8m+ on a striker that can't even play until next season

2. Austin will probably be available for less and is eligible to play, and has a better goalscoring record this season.

I think Rhodes will be used as a yardstick for when Austin is sold, however, much like Huddersfield, they won't be able to turn any decent offer down

Imo (at least for difficult away games) he could find himself on the bench.

I think we'll try to play Best and Rhodes together initially, however because of our midfield personnel I think it will fail miserably. My gut feeling is that Best will get the nod when we revert to playing with one because he has much better all round game and will be a better foil for those behind him.

Just a hunch and I could be totally wrong, but goals alone aren't enough anymore (just ask Darren Bent).

Imo (at least for difficult away games) he could find himself on the bench.

I think we'll try to play Best and Rhodes together initially, however because of our midfield personnel I think it will fail miserably. My gut feeling is that Best will get the nod when we revert to playing with one because he has much better all round game and will be a better foil for those behind him.

Just a hunch and I could be totally wrong, but goals alone aren't enough anymore (just ask Darren Bent).

I understand your concerns - but against Forest we started with Rhodes and Rochina up front - with King and CKR on the wings - putting big pressure on Murphy and Lowe. The biggest pressure we have had with Rhodes up front is holding the ball up - with Best we should be better at doing that - taking a little pressure off the midfield. Best (from what little I saw of him) and Rhodes are both hard workers - which again takes pressure off the midfield.

• Backroom
Rather than sign a replacement for Givet we should recall Ryan Edwards and keep the wage bill down.

Ryan Edwards is already back at the club now according to his twitter

Bristol City and Blackburn Rovers interested in Brighton defender Lewis Dunk

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8380298?

Of course they are listening to offers for him this is hanging over him - decent player though. Would rather we went for Bridcutt from Brighton - very very good player and just the type of midfielder we need imho.

Bowyer also responded to reports West Ham have bid £2million for Martin Olsson and said more money would be needed.

He added: "I haven't heard about the bid. It will have gone to the board first but in my opinion that is not enough. He's worth more than that.

"I wouldn't want to lose him. The football club needs and we're striving to get back into the Premier League but if a good offer comes in, it's up for the board to decide."

Givet was out of Rovers. wants to go back to France for Family reasons according to Friday LT.

Robinson is injured. Dont know about Etuhu and Formica.

Archived