BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

Striker Anton Forrester also played in the fixture with Rovers set to seal a deal for the 18-year-old Everton youngster in the coming days.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10164288.West_Ham_cool_interest_in_Blackburn_Rovers_star/

This must be our mystery player.

Also, Cryer thinks West Ham have given up the chase for Martin Olsson.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like another totally depressing transfer window .

Just goes to show that Venkys have no money, and no real committment to getting Rovers back into the premier league.

I think unless we get 3 or 4 quality players we wont stand a chance of promotion. Problem is if we get these quality players in and we fail to go up we will slide quickly into administration and its all because they didnt sack Kean when we was in the PL

Sorry for any spelling mistakes hard to type on a cross trainer

Looks like another totally depressing transfer window .

Just goes to show that Venkys have no money, and no real committment to getting Rovers back into the premier league.

To be fair to the Venky's they have spent a quite lot of their money on Rovers, but they have spent a lot of it on very average players.

To be fair to the Venky's they have spent a quite lot of their money on Rovers, but they have spent a lot of it on very average players.

Where ?

Do you mean that the club have spent money on average players.

Bentley, Dorrans and Dawson would do for me.

Couldnt complain at that providing Dawson is fully fit.

Yeah, they've spent a lot of money made from effectively asset stripping the club

It's no more crazy than Phil suggesting Alonso so wouldn't suprise me with some on here ;)

Apologies if I've missed that one. Only seen the inside of 4 hospital walls in the last 2 days so I'm not quite up to speed with the transfer gossip.

I do miss an old fashioned 11 o'clocker.

Quiet window all round so far, with West Ham going out of the cup tonight, was wondering if we could have a make weight in an Olsson deal, either a loan or purchase.

Gary O'Neil, Matt Taylor, Ricardo Vaz Te, Alou Diarra could all do a job for us.

It's no more crazy than Phil suggesting Alonso so wouldn't suprise me with some on here ;)

Apologies if I've missed that one. Only seen the inside of 4 hospital walls in the last 2 days so I'm not quite up to speed with the transfer gossip.

Fair one, hope you're feeling better.

This lack of rumour and transfer activity is part and parcel of being a Championship club. Whenever transfers occur they tend to be low profile. To be honest I sort of prefer it, let's us get on with our business without prying eyes.

Yeah, they've spent a lot of money made from effectively asset stripping the club

They spent 8m on Rhodes, i don't think any other championship team would of paid that amount of money. Just a shame, they did not pay that kind of money to get a suitable manager in!!

the LT is saying rovers r interested in Scott Wiseman n Craig Dawson.

Wiseman is a right back.

Dawson is a centre back.

these are the two players he wanted at blackpool but oyston wouldnt pay the cash for wages.

Have we not got a right back in young Henley.

They spent 8m on Rhodes, i don't think any other championship team would of paid that amount of money. Just a shame, they did not pay that kind of money to get a suitable manager in!!

The club spent £8m not Venkys

Have we not got a right back in young Henley.

The club spent £8m not Venkys

Dont forget also a young right back we just brough in on loan,TODD KANE

urgh, he might as well just stay away

Craig Dawson would be a great signing - even if it is just a loan. Although he's been better recently, he'd be a marked improvement on Hanley. Big lad as well who would go some way to sorting out our defensive set piece problems.

agree, Dawson would be a good signing. Although Hanley and Dann have not done too badly these last few games. They do need to get better at picking up a player, when he makes a run on their blind side

Just because we're bringing in a right back or looking to doesn't mean we're getting rid of anyone. We have a lot of games to play and only one full time right back in Henley until Orr returns. We're still in the FA Cup and it makes sense to have a squad of players.

To be honest I would prefer Orr at RB to Kane, although I may be in a minority.

Orr is very average, but he has Championship experience which we lack, is a solid right back and can produce the odd decent cross.

He is IMO a better option than someone like Todd Kane. Orr and when he returns, Henley is fine for right back for the rest of the season.

I would love to bring in Dawson, and I would be frantically trying to bring in a battling midfielder.

Archived