BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

• Backroom
How do people rate Olsson's brother? Do you think he could slot in at left back and it be like we havent even lost a player? I genuinely do, I think he's as good if not better than Martin.

Dann - whilst he is very suspect, with Givet wanting more money or to go (free in summer) - we cant afford to let both of them go, and we shouldnt be giving Givet a payrise

Thankfully, there are those of us blessed with the gift of 'sight' ;)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do people rate Olsson's brother? Do you think he could slot in at left back and it be like we havent even lost a player? I genuinely do, I think he's as good if not better than Martin.

I'd say he's as bad if not worse than Martin.

Honestly, we have wasted Martin Olsson at left back. Imo, he played really well when he was on the wing. We have missed a trick here. We should have played Givet alongside Dann, with Henley to left back and Kane at right back. Move Olsson to left wing, Simon on the right.

I agree. I'd like to have seen that.

Honestly, we have wasted Martin Olsson at left back. Imo, he played really well when he was on the wing. We have missed a trick here. We should have played Givet alongside Dann, with Henley to left back and Kane at right back. Move Olsson to left wing, Simon on the right.

Nice idea - but Kane is only at the club because Henley is injured.

there is always the exeption to the rule , and call me old-fashioned , but i prefer my left backs to be left footed and my right wingers to be right footed

there is always the exeption to the rule , and call me old-fashioned , but i prefer my left backs to be left footed and my right wingers to be right footed

Yes, that gives you the correct balance, Henley is a right back, at a push could fill in at left back but quite often it isnt easy when you are on the wrong foot to play the right ball!!

We only brought Kane in because Henley was injured otherwise I think that'd be the ideal situation for me. Kane's only here for a month though.

Martin Olsson isn't great at crossing and doesn't offer much more than his brother. Givet doesn't want to play or i'm sure he would be doing. Dann has played OK this season apart from the odd moments. Simon isn't as good as people make out I don't think. I'd much rather Formica had stayed and he'd left.

i completely agree with what appleton has said today and what many of us have been thinking for a while now, we have too many players in one position, and our squad is not as strong as what it looks like on paper, in terms of rhodes he needs someone to play with and i know most will not agree with this based on what he has showed since he has been here but i honestly think goodwillie is a perfect partner for rhodes, in terms of strikers i dont think we need any more, the midfield is ehere we lack, they are too lethargic from what i have seen, murphy for all his experience, cant open up play to save his life, and lowe tries harder than anyone else but he is just to inexperienced just yet. we need sumone to do the dogwork in midfield, sumone in the macherano sort of mould, a no nonsense workhorse, to cover the ground that murphy lacks, he can come good but someone needs to pik up the slack that he leaves behind. oother than that we need a left back, and cover for dann and hanley, i think they are starting to look like a good pairing, it will take time for them to reach their full potential but i reckon they will be sufficient. olsson will go this window lets just hope we get a replacement. in terms of wingers that is also something we lack, we have no one that can get a decent cross in bar peds, that nunes is decent but he plays left mid if im not mistaken, anyone know if he can play right mid? rthe other option is to play 433 but which i have always thought would give us the support we need for rhodes to reach his full potential. if we lined up like this then what could be that harm

kean

henley,hanley, dann ollson(?)

peds, murphy lowe/(?)

rhodes, gomes/rochina, best/goodwillie/kazim

or

kean

henley, hanley, dann, ollson

nunes, murphey, lowe/(?), peds/kazim

rhodes, best/goodwillie

Thinking about the CB issue and also the problems at Birmingham I wonder if it would be worth looking at Curtis Davies. Knows the league well and a player I've always liked. Not sure when Appleton was with West Brom but they may have been there at the same time.

After today's selection, it is safe to say that a lot of players might leave if someone is willing to pay for them.

Possible exits: Givet, Nunes, Dunn, Gomes, Etuhu, Henrique, Vukcevic, Rosado

most likely is Givet, Vukcevic and Rosado.

Nunes is young and need to develop his game.

El-abd at brighton seems a decent CB. Looks a tough dirty bugger which is what we are short of.
You are not talking about the soft git who rolled around on the floor holding his head about 10 times midweek? Same guy who was rolling around on the floor, the jumped up and sprinted after seeing us attack from a quick throw.

This is the same guy who constantly rugby tackled our defenders because he couldnt deal with their movement in his box, and ended up taking Pedersen out with a rugby tackle for our pen!

There is difference between being an enforcer & being plain stupid.

Archived