BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=379086

Benfica want Rosado.

It seems they wanted him in June before he signed for Rovers.

Benfica's manager likes him and believes he can make Rosado a star player. Initially he will probably play for Benfica B.

So good news for Rovers. A small fee will be involved if the transfer finally happens.

Personally, I was hoping he was loaned to a team Like Braga, where he could play regularly including in european competitions (next year). He has potential to grow...

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't really understand this needing time to settle in the Championship arguement. It's a bit like the Premiership but slower and the players are worse. Surely if you are OK in the Prem and take the same attitude you will be better than OK in the Championship. Am I missing something?

In our case I think it's more about bottoming out stabilising following the nightmare of S Kean.

Then we had Shebby Singh shopping in Portugal.

I think Appleton has a sensible, grounded approach and will hopefully build a team equipped to prosper in the Championship.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=379086

Benfica want Rosado.

It seems they wanted him in June before he signed for Rovers.

Benfica's manager likes him and believes he can make Rosado a star player. Initially he will probably play for Benfica B.

So good news for Rovers. A small fee will be involved if the transfer finally happens.

Personally, I was hoping he was loaned to a team Like Braga, where he could play regularly including in european competitions (next year). He has potential to grow...

Good news for Rovers. Rosado is one of the players that we have far too many of.

For 500k and 25k a week I'd try an sign him permanently.

If Best is close to a return then it makes sense to let him move on though. We still have Nuno Gomes and Rochina who can play behind the striker. I'm not completely writing off Goodwillie yet either.

If we can get Robinson off the books on top of CKR, Formica and Rosado then that would give Appleton some space in the wage budget.

We should keep him. In the last two matches he has bullied the opposition with his strength and pace and we have nobody else like him. Best has had a very bad injury and nobody knows what he will be like coming back from that. I know it's a different injury but remember Jansen.

If Best is close to a return then it makes sense to let him move on though. We still have Nuno Gomes and Rochina who can play behind the striker. I'm not completely writing off Goodwillie yet either.

Gomes is pushing 37.

Best is injury-prone and will need time to get up to speed.

Rochina is like a box of chocolates.

And Goodwillie's more dangerous in our own box.

I'm kinda torn on CKR. We've seen a marked improvement in recent weeks and he's responded to the new manager... but that indolent, wangster side of his is far from endearing. I don't think he would be that hard to replace with the right money.

Kazim can frustrate at times, but even an idiot can tell he's exactly what you need at this level.

Physical

Strong

Decent pace

Ability to hold up the ball

Finishing ability

Against Brighton and Derby he's put in man of the match performances.

I know he's had a couple of stinkers, but on the whole I think he's been one of our better players.

If he goes, were going to need another bruiser up front, and as we know they aren't easy to come by!

Kazim can frustrate at times, but even an idiot can tell he's exactly what you need at this level.

Physical

Strong

Decent pace

Ability to hold up the ball

Finishing ability

Against Brighton and Derby he's put in man of the match performances.

I know he's had a couple of stinkers, but on the whole I think he's been one of our better players.

If he goes, were going to need another bruiser up front, and as we know they aren't easy to come by!

Completely agree.... When he can be bothered he has that fire in his belly &you can tell he's really up for it! Would be a shame in my opinion, if 600k is the fee its well worth a shot!

Paying 25k a week is a lot in this league but a few teams are doing it especially when promotion gets you 80million.

If the rest of the team is on a lot less, and if you can pay said player that kind of money without upsetting the players earning less (Craig Bellamy at Cardiff is perhaps one such situation?) then yes you can do it. But when the club is hemmoraghing money at an alarming rate, and with half the squad earning £20k+ we should absolutely not be taking on a 3+ year deal at £25k. Certainly not until we've cut at least that amount (preferably four times that) of the wage bill first.

• Backroom
After the game at Peterborough CKR tweeted that he couldn't wait until Jan.

He tried to play it down when questioned but maybe he knew this was on the cards?

Yeh I remember him saying it was to do with his birthday or something but it was clear what was meant

Thought Matt Smith played well for Oldham yesterday, only 23 too. Out muscled Liverpools defence, very much in the Kevin Davies mould. He'd be worth watching a couple more times, but may be a good foil for Rhodes to play off.

Am I right in thinking the portugesers cant leave till summer, due to the 3 club rule? Not that Id be bothered if they did.

Archived