BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

Hanley rough round the edges Le Chuck? He's the worst defender in the league and that's saying something as Dann must be #2.

I cannot believe some on here saying 'something to build on', 'if we can sort X out we'll be fine'. Jesus wept...did we watch the same game? The club is on its knees FFS, we should be worried about relegation not promotion.

Kean, Venkys and most importantly Jerome Anderson have served us up the biggest kean sandwich known to man and are continuing to Kean us up the rear right now.

no question we have been raped over the past 2 years, but I do think you're being over the top talking about relegation.

of course it hurts after getting beat 4-1 at home, but we are not that atrocious.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Our squad in general

Keeper - fat and not good enough

Central defenders - two appalling one good but doesn't play

Full backs - good for this league

Wingers - good for the league

Central midfielders - shocking, no movement and can't pass

Strikers - Rhodes and CKR could be great together if played correctly

Manager - no comment yet but no longer confident, time will tell but he has to get it right in January

The core of our side is weaker than weak and we look like we have a lot of overpaid and unmotivated players, CKR looked the only one willing to bleed for the shirt tonight

Left after the fourth goal as did a lot of other VERY ANGRY fans. There was only one good thing about Kean and that was that he was an outlet to aim the ire and frustration at. Now we have nothing. Our now absent owners keep well away.

There's going to be trouble in t' streets outside Ewood before long.

Where do we go from here? Well, something has to change. The club decided to bring in Berg and he now needs to make some changes - starting with the back room team. Including that long haired blond bloke who seems to just wander round with his hands in his pockets before the games. I used to admire him - how sad the way things have worked out.

Unless something happens, this season could now be about avoiding relegation...

The attendance tonight , no sponsor on the shirts a telling sign all is not well at the club !

I have said this before , I will except Conference league football tomorrow if Venkys do one !

Berg was given the job to appease the fans ex player and cheap , cos no one else would touch it with a bargepole . I suspect !

there were a lot of excellent managers who wanted the job.

majority of people in football are so money orientated, they would jump at the chance to come.

agree on venkys - id rather watch us in any old division as long as that cancer is cut out of the club

I don't know why I even bothered walking to the pub after watching that.

My sympathies with the 8,000 die-hard Rovers fans there tonight.

12,640 was a fantasy number.

Your maths looks pretty well spot on there Philip.

12k my arse.

Isnt that the whole point of appointing an experienced manager, our owners are keaning clueless and fans are becoming contempt in accepting defeat and kean performances.

Sure sign of a team thats going to dwell in this league for a long time. (if were lucky)

Berg is so out of his depth he should come out in a snorkel and flippers - he is not the man for the very big job. I'm afraid we are the new Coventry etc - we need a statement of intent from the owners, like another England World Cup win, it won't happen!

The statement of intent , should have happenend after Wigan at home last season ///

Kean should have been sacked 2 minutes after the game ...

Within a week a new managger should have been appointed , with the remit of a swift return to the Prem ....

Now , we are a facing a relegation battle ...

Too many people have their grubby little fingers in the Rovers pie ...

Our squad in general

Keeper - fat and not good enough

Central defenders - two appalling one good but doesn't play

Full backs - good for this league

Wingers - good for the league

Central midfielders - shocking, no movement and can't pass

Strikers - Rhodes and CKR could be great together if played correctly

Manager - no comment yet but no longer confident, time will tell but he has to get it right in January

The core of our side is weaker than weak and we look like we have a lot of overpaid and unmotivated players, CKR looked the only one willing to bleed for the shirt tonight

I think you are being far too kind on your analysis of the squad. Wingers? You would find better wingers in a primary school in terms of crossing ability.

This is the weakest squad we have had for keaning years, there is so much dross out there. Rhodes is the only player I would keep at all costs, if the rest were all binned I wouldn't care.

Pretty bad. First time I've watched us under Berg. Just a few thoughts:

Hanley- He's not going to make it. He's overweight, slow and really, really thick. Bellamy was laughing at him all night. He simply cannot read the game without Givet telling him where to be.

Etuhu- Mokoena without any of the aggressive streak that made him worth having. Wins headers only against his own team mates.

Formica- Missed an absolute sitter at 1-2. Shows touches of class, but utterly panics when there is no need to.

Kazim- Our best player by far when he came on- but only because he was at least passing it in the right direction and mostly to peoples feet.

King- Was our biggest threat all night.

I dunno where we go from here, the team does not seem to communicate with each other. Berg needs the transfer window. We need a new centre half if Givet is never going to play again. A new CM with some aggression and a bit of situational awareness. And we need to start picking up points, because on that showing we will be fighting another relegation battle.

Both opening goals were from high balls. Where is our experienced centre back when these balls come in? He's none existent back there.

The third was utterly pathetic, I hope Dann gets strung up for it. I think we would have got an equaliser had it stayed 2-1. Dann killed off any hope of that.

Yes, despite being outplayed, we could have come back from that, he telegraphed the ball and#didnt even knock it firmly, schoolboyish!!

My Yellow & black scarf going in the wash for a freshen up.

Everyone must surely want Venkys/Shebby/Shaw & Agnew out of our club.

They have Killed us in 2 awful years.

Reality - we are now a struggling championship club - our squad has been ripped apart and we are left with the dross. We are going further & further down the shitehole.

Blame lies with Venkys & the other parasites. Fook Them!

He managed to muscle a couple of players off the ball in the first half, at least. I don't know, I managed to think of a couple of half decent things he did at some point during the match. Unlike Dann, Hanley and Markus Olsson - the latter of whom made zero contribution to anything and the two former only contributed to our defeat.

No no he was already on -4269 before he did those things and just because his actions did'nt warrant us going goals behind inderectly his pathetic use of the ball and his total lack of movement and options in central midfield limits the overall team performance end of.

Central midfield is pathetic and allows too much pressure on the central defenders because of its inefficiency and it breaks far too many attacks down by holding up play and passing backwards, give me a midfielder that can hold the ball with confidence and pick out a pass, not one that passes it back at the first sign of a player coming towards him.

I'm a Cardiff fan and I think that's the most positive response to a game on the opposite sides forum I've ever seen, Christ even some of our fickle fans will find something to rant over in that display.

Were quite similar in that we both have owners who don't know a lot about football, the only decent thing ours have done is bank roll us, but we still have issues behind the scenes which need to be sorted. The problem you have is this league is a very difficult one to get out of, especially being in the position you are in. But teams do go up after very poor starts, Reading did it last year and a number of other teams have.

We've been in this position before but we have never had a team like this so we are all hopeing that we can keep doing what we are doing and hopefully finally get promotion.

You need players who want to play for your club and not just get there final big salary before retirement.

Good luck for the season and hopefully some one will get you out of the mess the owners have put you in.

Dann, Hanley, Etuhu, Lowe and Markus Olsson ....crap.....

I wonder what Berg will say about this performerance.

Was markus olsson even playing!, you'd never have noticed if he nipped of to the pub for the entire game.

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing - how many of you that wanted the Walker Trust to sell up have the same opinion now ?

moron

watched the game on TV here in India. Extremely poor overall with speckles of optimistic performance. Etuhu = kean poor today. We had nothing to show in terms of attacks in the first half.

is that India bye way of Darwen.

• Backroom

No no he was already on -4269 before he did those things and just because his actions did'nt warrant us going goals behind inderectly his pathetic use of the ball and his total lack of movement and options in central midfield limits the overall team performance end of.

Central midfield is pathetic and allows too much pressure on the central defenders because of its inefficiency and it breaks far too many attacks down by holding up play and passing backwards, give me a midfielder that can hold the ball with confidence and pick out a pass, not one that passes it back at the first sign of a player coming towards him.

£30,000 p/w and a 4 year contract. Makes you sick, doesn't it?

Archived