BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

The one thing we cant do which Cardiff did us with three times out of their four goals was switching play, we have no midfielder to do that, it stretches defences and causes all kinds of problems, I really thought Murphy could have done that for us but Etuhu and lowe cant do it, midfield is the problem, a massive problem!!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cardiff were head and shoulders above us for 80% of the game, they are everything we are not, hard working, organised, talented individuals, berg has taken this team backwards, no excuses that it isnt his team, he has had long enough to at least produce something and bar a victory against a kean-poor team like peterborough, we have seen very little, new appointed managers of other clubs have hit the ground running, berg hasnt, maybe a time to rethink this appointment

the thing we have to remember, is that this team has been losing for over 2 years now. It's going to take a while to sort them into a capable outfit that is very well drilled.

Robbo - 5

Martin Ollson - 7

Dann - 0

Hanley - 0

Henley - 5

Lowe - 2

Etuhu - 2

Formica - 4

King - 7

Markus Olsson - 0

Rhodes - 5

Subs:

CKR - 6

Nunes - 3

Very very few positives. Most of the team are not good enough. Our centre backs are a total disgrace and have no backbone. Hanley's just a fat lump with no redeeming qualities and Dann is a spineless nothing. Our midfield is lacklustre and static. The striker(s) are always isolated because there's no service.

A slightly better second half until our Argentine star Mauro Formica failed to score from all of 3/4 yards. From that point onwards we failed to threaten and ended up capitulating as usual.

I would say another season in the Championship, but at this rate we'll be in League One next season because we are awful.

I cant believe you gave Etuhu 2 :wacko:

I didn't think Dann was all that bad and made a few good clearances but I missed the last 10 minutes and it seems like he was at fault for at least one of the goals..

Both opening goals were from high balls. Where is our experienced centre back when these balls come in? He's none existent back there.

The third was utterly pathetic, I hope Dann gets strung up for it. I think we would have got an equaliser had it stayed 2-1. Dann killed off any hope of that.

• Backroom

Clapping Bellamy leaving the field was the highlight of the night - a reminder of what once was

The benefit of the doubt will not last forever - 3 home losses in a row? Far far far from acceptable

the thing we have to remember, is that this team has been losing for over 2 years now. It's going to take a while to sort them into a capable outfit that is very well drilled.

I bet a more experienced manager would've made shorter work of it.

i agree somewhat andy but when kean left we were in second place, a good manager could have built on that, if we had appointed straight away and not had an interim, who did a fair job then appoint a novice who failed in the norwegian league

That's completely different to United coming to town and Rovers raising their game. You can't seriously be suggesting that Cardiff bigged their game up because they came to Ewood. They are a settled team that are playing well. They deserved their victory.

Fans need to face few home truths instead of bungling excuses.

Did you see Bellamy and Hudson's post-match inteview? They must have said what a 'hard place' Ewood is to come at least four times and how delighted they were to win here.

We were a Prem team last year, eg a massive yardstick which the promotion contenders will measure themselves against.

In fairness we didn't deserve to be on the end of a 1-4. Central midfield is diabolical, nothing created at all. Would it not be an option to try Formica in the middle with King and CKR out wide? His miss was very bad indeed but he was good with the ball at his feet apart from that.

I didn't think Dann was all that bad and made a few good clearances but I missed the last 10 minutes and it seems like he was at fault for at least one of the goals. Hanley was very poor, he seems to have gone backwards since he broke through. Something must be up with Givet - he is a good Premiership quality centre back, there is no way Hanley should be keeping him out of the team. Bearing in mind he seems to lose the head frequently I reckon he has fallen out with someone behind the scenes.

Poor result but I don't think our performance merited such a humbling scoreline. Scary though as the attendance was that of a League One side and it worries me that the result matched. I support Berg to the hilt but the signings we have to make in January (at least one central mid is a necessity) will mark out the rest of our season.

not sure his workrate is good enough to play centre mid. But your right - something has to change there.

Defensively atrocious. Going forward we looked quite dangerous in the second half. The problem is as soon as the opposition team puts pressure on us we concede.

Black had sorted the defense out, Berg has got it back to where it was under kean. 3 home defeats in a row and one win in 8 is awful. Performances are also now becoming awful after a few decent performances under berg. As much as I like Berg, I'm starting to have serious doubts. Things are getting worse rather than better.

• Moderation Lead

We got bummed. I'd give my right bollock to play for the boys in blue and white, shame the players can't show that same desire.

Shocking. We can't defend, I wouldn't mind, but two of our title-winning defenders are among the coaching staff!!!!

The best defender at the club continues to be on the bench, and our central midfield is appalling.

On this evidence, survival looks more of a realistic aim than promotion. Pathetic.

What do you expect when for the past 2 years we have been buying dross? It's going to take years to undo this and even then I don't think that is a possibility without a change in ownership and management at the board level.

I don’t think there is a manager out there that could get this rabble organised and pushing for promotion. Berg looks like a dead man walking and I think he will be gone by January.

It’s such a keaning mess. :angry:

Isnt that the whole point of appointing an experienced manager, our owners are keaning clueless and fans are becoming accepting defeat and kean performances.

Sure sign of a team thats going to dwell in this league for a long time. (if were lucky)

rovers need to make a decision veryy very quickly. berg isnt working out and we will be fighting relegation if this carrys on. his squad choices are baffling. what has marcus olsson done to warrant a start and after 2 good showings why was ckr dropped.

our midfield is rubbish and defo needs strengthening.

this is going to be a long hard season

• Backroom

I cant believe you gave Etuhu 2 :wacko:

He managed to muscle a couple of players off the ball in the first half, at least. I don't know, I managed to think of a couple of half decent things he did at some point during the match. Unlike Dann, Hanley and Markus Olsson - the latter of whom made zero contribution to anything and the two former only contributed to our defeat.

The attendance tonight , no sponsor on the shirts a telling sign all is not well at the club !

I have said this before , I will except Conference league football tomorrow if Venkys do one !

Berg was given the job to appease the fans ex player and cheap , cos no one else would touch it with a bargepole . I suspect !

Archived