BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff City 7th December 2012

I hope Ponytail is happy with the way his inheritance is being wasted away by the overpaid dross we have in the squad.

Ultimately the family have themselves to blame for the terrible decision making over the last 2 years.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the club's rotten at the top it will invariably be rotten at the bottom.

We saw this when our most hated manager in history only left via "constructive dismissal" and then we took over a month to hire a replacement because 'Team Kean' wasn't prepared for it, and everyone was peddling their own agenda.

I'm a Cardiff fan and I think that's the most positive response to a game on the opposite sides forum I've ever seen, Christ even some of our fickle fans will find something to rant over in that display.

Were quite similar in that we both have owners who don't know a lot about football, the only decent thing ours have done is bank roll us, but we still have issues behind the scenes which need to be sorted. The problem you have is this league is a very difficult one to get out of, especially being in the position you are in. But teams do go up after very poor starts, Reading did it last year and a number of other teams have.

We've been in this position before but we have never had a team like this so we are all hopeing that we can keep doing what we are doing and hopefully finally get promotion.

You need players who want to play for your club and not just get there final big salary before retirement.

Good luck for the season and hopefully some one will get you out of the mess the owners have put you in.

Thanks for cheering us up.

Really don't know how we would go up.

If we would have appointed Ferguson, Mourhino or Wenger how would they have improved the likes of Danny, Hanley, Etuhu, Lowe and (I could go on). You can' t polish a turd and most of our squad, quite simply are not good enough. There is no quick fix here as we have bog average players on massive wages. I feel sorry for Berg having to try and get something from this group of no hopers, a bit like trying to nail blancmange to a ceiling.

As much as I'm willing to give Berg time, that team selection was a joke tbh.

Marcus Olsson? If the commentator didn't mention the fact that he wasn't wearing gloves but Martin was, I would have forgotten he was playing.

Etuhu and Lowe in the middle = zero creativity.....so Rhodes needs service from the wings which he wasn't going to get.

Vukcevic, Nunes, Kazim, Martin Olsson as a winger and even f-ing Pedersen can cross a ball so what was going on there?

Givet? Gael Givet? Remember him? Yea he was good wasn't he.....so why the f##k isn't he playing?

Footballfan says it all - their owners have changed the kit colour, yet have the fans are happy, because they have bank rolled the club and have been successful - the Loons have completely dismantled our club and have no presence - I don't like hate, but they come close

Not all happy with colour change but owners will do what they want no matter what the little person says. Tradition doesn't mean a thing but if we go up and they can make our presence felt then the majority will be happy. But a lot of the old lads still wish we were in blue and in our old ground but things change and this hopefully will be for the best of the club.

But your owners seem to know as much as the Albanian women outside central station selling the big issue knows about football

£30,000 p/w and a 4 year contract. Makes you sick, doesn't it?

As they say dont hate the player hate the game, it's not his fault if some idiot is going to offer you so much to do bugger all week in week out, Cardiff deserved tonight, they have been knocking on the Prem door for years now and have the right build of industrious players and players with flair grown over years of scrapping to get out of this league.

We have crass owners that think you can just buy the best striker for obscene amounts of money and basically that will be job done, to be honest it's what everyone does their first time on football manager game, sell your hard workers for a bit of cash and buy a top striker then cry when results dont go your way.

Amongst all the disappointment - lets not forget we were playing the current league leaders - and IF some decisions had gone our way it could have been a different result. At the end of the days two goals were conceded when we were pushing for an equaliser.

The biggest worry - the longer Berg has been in a job the worse the performances - though I think some of that is due to draining confidence.

Berg has to be given time.

He'll know rubbish defenders when he sees them. I fully expect movement in that area come January. King has helped address our lack of goal scoring threat and pace on the wings, so I'm hopeful Berg knows what he's doing in the transfer market.

If we would have appointed Ferguson, Mourhino or Wenger how would they have improved the likes of Danny, Hanley, Etuhu, Lowe and (I could go on). You can' t polish a turd and most of our squad, quite simply are not good enough. There is no quick fix here as we have bog average players on massive wages. I feel sorry for Berg having to try and get something from this group of no hopers, a bit like trying to nail blancmange to a ceiling.

Wenger can't even improve his own team, let alone ours. :D

For making the most of what you've got, see Mick McCarthy at Ipswich.

You'd think that after two years of Kean, our fans would have had enough of shoddy excuses.

Apparently not

Utterly shambolic and a complete embarrassment! This side has no creativity, no aggression, no passion, no energy, no clue and Im yet to see anything from the new regime that makes me beleive that things will turn round. Im still clinging to the idea that Berg is hamstrung by the fact that he inherited an unfit sqaud that hadnt been 'managed' in two years but its getting harder to keep beleiving that when we keep putting in woeful displays like this.

Our midfield is a joke - Ethuhu is laughably ineffective for a man of his size and doesnt seem to do a great deal. I have never beleived that Lowe had the qaulities to play at any level and the more I see of him the more I beleive it and I wish Formica had left in the Summer for all the use he is now.

Up front Rhodes was given nothing to go on and only Kazim-Richards, when he came on, looked like a player with any heart.

Playing as we are and with the personel we have we wont go up, we wont even make the play offs - we will be lucky to avoid the relegation battle!!!

He'll know rubbish defenders when he sees them. I fully expect movement in that area come January. King has helped address our lack of goal scoring threat and pace on the wings, so I'm hopeful Berg knows what he's doing in the transfer market.

Why hasn't he put in Givet, is he worse than Dann and Hanley?

There's only so much hope in the world.

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing - how many of you that wanted the Walker Trust to sell up have the same opinion now ?

Nobody did until they did.

First game I've seen for a while.

Robbo, hopeless I thought.

Olssen twins - we'd be better off playing Mary-Kate and Ashley

Centre halves - cack

Etuhu - sack him immediately

The rest I can live with.

Time for Berg to shake things up, backroom team and starting 11. needs to put a stake int he ground after this game

King has pace but that doesn't guarantee the creation of chances, give me a player with less pace but can cross a ball every time. I can't see the transfer window making any difference, we aren't talking about bringing in two or three players and everything will be fine here. The whole squad needs to be pretty much binned and replaced.

2 years of buying complete rubbish is going to take many years to fix and I doubt that's even possible under the current ownership and management stucture.

Blackburn:

Shots 13

On target 7

Possession 49%

Corners 7

Fouls 18

Cardiff:

Shots 9

On target 4

Possession 51%

Corners 2

Fouls 11

Wow. I think I watched a different game!

Lies, damn lies and statistics, eh?

Still, 4 shots on target and scored with every one. Not great reading for Robbo!

ohh maybe the mental problems.

I would get Mahlangu and Bedoya from Helsingborg asap.

Are they psychiatrists?

Archived