BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

The Dart

Suggest that supporters give Venky's, Singh, Shaw and Agnew a good kick up the arse on Saturday simply by not atttending.

It's the only language they seem to understand.

B o l l o c ks to get behind the lads - the support the TEAM has had over the last two years has been phenomenal and drastic action is now needed to force change for the better.

Absolute utter bunkum once again from you mercerman.

You're calling for a boycott, whats the reason for boycotting? because we're on a bad run at the moment? surely this is exactly the time when the side needs our support, thats why we support Blackburn Rovers.

Fickle, you should know better with claiming you're a long standing supporter of the club, other clubs supporters don't desert the club when on a bad run of form, Loftus Road isn't empty, Hillsborough isn't empty, god help us.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolute utter bunkum once again from you mercerman.

You're calling for a boycott, whats the reason for boycotting? because we're on a bad run at the moment? surely this is exactly the time when the side needs our support, thats why we support Blackburn Rovers.

Fickle, you should know better with claiming you're a long standing supporter of the club, other clubs supporters don't desert the club when on a bad run of form, Loftus Road isn't empty, Hillsborough isn't empty, god help us.

Gav - we all have our own views and life would be boring if we were so like minded.

I think Meadows makes an excellent point and it's where I stand and I am pretty sure many others do:

"If we were playing Rochdale at Spotland in Div 4 with people we trusted and admired running the club and a team of limited but honest lads trying their absolute best every week I'd probably be there"

This is far bigger than a mere "bad run".

We all have a choice as to how we spend both our time and money and at this time, I feel very little, if any, empathy for what was once my club. I see the club now, under the ownership of Venkys and the operational management of Singh, Shaw and Agnew, just as a cheap and nasty commodity that I want no truck with.

I think we have to change formation for this one, try and grind out some results. Similar to the approach Hughes took when he joined.

I think we should avoid a five-man midfield. Whatever permutation we go with rarely seems to dominate a game. Play a 4-4-2 and get it up early to the front-men. Only trouble is I think we need either Gomes or Best with Rhodes to make that work... and both are still recovering from injury.

So yeah... this was pointless.

I also would go with a 4-4-2, with Best and Rhodes up top.

In January we need to focus on acquiring a bone crunching midfielder. Everything after that is a bonus.

And I think we'll beat Brighton. Berg will pull it out.

Midfield and to be specific centre midfield is where it's all going wrong at the moment. We don't protect the back four and we don't support the front two, apart from that we're doing O.K.

Cryers back page headline last friday was.. WE'RE TRYING, how comforting was that to know from the worst pound for pound squad in Rovers history.

Lets hope Brighton can go the full ninety minutes without crossing the ball into our central defensive area.

its interesting you say that Jal, because imo ON PAPER at least, we shouldnt have the worst pound for pound squad in the history of Rovers. However, its by far and away the worst squad who does not give 100% to the cause, and that is something which is a huge concern. We have some really talented players, but ive never seen a Rovers team that did not give it their all.

Our relegation squad in 98/99 at least tried their utmost best, but this team just look like they are going through the motions. We dont have that hard working ethics which Hughes, Souness and Allardyce instilled in the team. At times, people were getting annoyed at some of our long ball football, but it was effective more often than not.

Surely Berg has to shore up the defence, in which ever way possible. If you keep a clean sheet, you are at least guaranteed 1 point.

They just drew 2-2 at home to Millwall.....they were 2-0 down and their equaliser came from a penalty in the 88th minute.

I don't know much about Brighton as I've yet to see them play barring a pre-season friendly against Chelsea..... Buckley is good, Bridge is good in this league......and Vicente is class and Orlandi, that ex-Swansea player, is good as well but neither of them played tonight, nor were they on the bench, so they must be injured.....I know they went on a run of about 5 games scoring 1 goal I think it was a couple of months ago.

From quickly browsing both of their forums, sounds like Millwall sat back in the 2nd half and that's what cost them.....apparently Brighton play to a draw quite often......with the only urgency coming when they're losing.

Trotter for Millwall sounds like he had another good game, I wanted us to try and sign him originally but now they're doing well that seems unlikely.....and Wood scored another 2 goals including a screamer as I've just seen the goals on SSN.

A few Brighton fans seem to think Poyet has no Plan B and doesn't make the right changes in the game.....and Craig Mackail-Smith doesn't fit their system which I was told by a Brighton fan in the summer.....don't really rate him much myself after watching him for Scotland a few times.....just runs around quite a bit.

Interesting to note that the marketing department in their infinite wisdom are using a picture of the gormless Scott Dann to promote this game via email. Do they actually want anyone to come?

Law of averages says we have got to win at some point, so why not this Saturday?

Preparing myself for the sinking feeling of seeing the club die further as even more swathes of empty seats are on display and the atmosphere becomes ever more deathly.

A 4th consecutive home defeat is unthinkable and even though I'm one for giving Berg time to build his own squad, even he couldn't argue with fans getting restless.

I wouldn't expect a Reading or a Southampton to lose 4 consecutive home games in the Premiership, never mind Rovers in the Championship!

They just drew 2-2 at home to Millwall.....they were 2-0 down and their equaliser came from a penalty in the 88th minute.

I don't know much about Brighton as I've yet to see them play barring a pre-season friendly against Chelsea..... Buckley is good, Bridge is good in this league......and Vicente is class and Orlandi, that ex-Swansea player, is good as well but neither of them played tonight, nor were they on the bench, so they must be injured.....I know they went on a run of about 5 games scoring 1 goal I think it was a couple of months ago.

From quickly browsing both of their forums, sounds like Millwall sat back in the 2nd half and that's what cost them.....apparently Brighton play to a draw quite often......with the only urgency coming when they're losing.

Trotter for Millwall sounds like he had another good game, I wanted us to try and sign him originally but now they're doing well that seems unlikely.....and Wood scored another 2 goals including a screamer as I've just seen the goals on SSN.

A few Brighton fans seem to think Poyet has no Plan B and doesn't make the right changes in the game.....and Craig Mackail-Smith doesn't fit their system which I was told by a Brighton fan in the summer.....don't really rate him much myself after watching him for Scotland a few times.....just runs around quite a bit.

I was at the match last night. Poyet, admittedly messed up and got his team selction / tactics wrong. He therefore made a subtitution in the first half. Took off dunk and brought on Lua Lua. Though Brighton were two down by them. Two goals by Wood.

Millwall did not sit back in the second half. They were forced back. 2 2 was a fair result. Play for a draw, not really. I have seen them a few times at the Amex this season. They create loads of chances, but fail to score many. They do not really have a target man.

Vincenti is injured. Lua Lua is a very good impact player. He would give rovers problems. Brighton do appear to play slow for awhile, then all of a sudden quicken the game up.

Before the match last night, I predicted a draw. Watching the first half last night, I thought Rovers would win. Very hard one to call this one.

Though I hope Rovers win it.

Archived