BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did he said that the new manager wont be able to bring in his own staff?

The current first team goalkeeper coach is Steve Drench who is the Academy Goalkeeper coach.

Also in Saturday LT it mention about possible bringing in Andy Rhodes as GK coach who is Jordan Rhodes and currently Sheff Wed GK keeper coach

He said that the club didnt need any more coaching staff! (Although I got the feeling this was just his odd way of trying to show support to the hard work being done by the coaches currently holding things together)

Serious question who is going to help the goalkeepers? I suppose Bowyer and other youth coaches could step up but so we have someone to support the goalkeepers?

Steve Drench from the Academy has been coaching the first team goalkeepers since Mimms left

He is the Academy GK coach there.

hope this answers your question

He said that the club didnt need any more coaching staff! (Although I got the feeling this was just his odd way of trying to show support to the hard work being done by the coaches currently holding things together)

that my point.

If Bowyer and McPhillips stay with first team till end of the season,

then we will be short staff at the Reserve and Academy level. so some staff are going to have to come in someewhere

Sorry i posted this last nigh(but it was a bit lat!), just wondering if on on the same wavelength as others around here in general:-

Is it fair to say Billy Davies would be unanimously accepted and even quite please most on here of all the realistic managers mentioned?

I ask because if as rumoured(!) Billy Davies is Shaws recommendation to the Venkys, then its fair to say shebby will do everything he can to make sure Davies isn't chosen(regardless of his suitability and fans preference)?

I cant stand Agnew/Shaw but if Davies is their choice I wouldn't let my feelings towards them get in the way of a good appointment being made, my only worry is that I don't think shebby and his propaganda party(brag) would have the same response.

I just read through another thread which was all about BRAG, with you prominent among the posters. I turn to this one on the hope of learning more about who our new manager might be, who do the fans want and when will it happen.

As usual though, you are turning it into an anti-BRAG thread again. Could you please keep your neurosis to yourself or post your anti- BRAG comments or anti- Mullen comments on the one thread? Is that too much to ask?

If only they hadn't blown all their money on Kean's compensation, inflated agent fees, Shebby's trailer, and sacking anyone who didn't "tow the line".

Might have enough leftover for a decent manager at this critical stage.

Bugger me, they're a dumb bunch.

Did't Berg have a 3 year contract? Sacked after 57 days-----that can't have been cheap!

And Cryer brought Svens name up in a tweet earlier and said there would be something in tomorrows LT regarding Sven and the managers job at rovers.

If there was ever a man who owed it to Jack Walker's memory to pick up the keany end of the Blackburn Rovers stick and try to rescue it, it's Sven.

Lancashire Telegraph@lancstelegraph

In tomorrow's LT: Sven-Göran Eriksson on the Rovers manager role, and Rovers sign permanent contract with Josh King.

Probably Sven saying that nobody will want it. Or lying saying its a great job but not for him.......(Then Whispers) thanks for the huge payment to advertise the post Shebs

I just read through another thread which was all about BRAG, with you prominent among the posters. I turn to this one on the hope of learning more about who our new manager might be, who do the fans want and when will it happen.

As usual though, you are turning it into an anti-BRAG thread again. Could you please keep your neurosis to yourself or post your anti- BRAG comments or anti- Mullen comments on the one thread? Is that too much to ask?

This was written early this afternoon and as far it being an 'anti-Brag post' other than a flippant remark in the last sentence that wasn't the point, the post is clearly regarding any potential new manager and wanting the best person for the job regardles of who put the managers name forward and so its in the 'new manager' thread.

Also im assuming the other thread your refering to is the actual brag thread started by a brag member so obviously any posts by me in there are going to be mainly about brag, seems to me you just dont like or agree with what i have to say, which is cool, that is what the ignore function is for, i am though going to refrain from posting about all things brag/GM for the time being as i have been letting the rubbish Shebby Singh as been spouting cloud by judgement of brag(due to the relations they have or have had)

This was written early this afternoon and as far it being an 'anti-Brag post' other than a flippant remark in the last sentence that wasn't the point, the post is clearly regarding any potential new manager and wanting the best person for the job regardles of who put the managers name forward and so its in the 'new manager' thread.

Yeah sorry about that. Just came off another thread to see that! Apologies.

Steve Kean is apparently to be a guest pundit on Goals on Sunday this week.

Strange how he's all of a sudden crawling out from under his rock with all these Chinese whispers about the boardroom. Shop window, "i'd love to go back if certain changes were made", "only a minority of the fans didn't like me", Shebby out after supporters turn on him, Venkys "we had the right man all along, look what happened when we he left", Agnew wearing a crown in his Big Man's Office...

Honestly, it's worth a quid. For my sanity more than anything. Would happily lose a quid as long as what I just wrote turns out to be the ramblings of my mind.

very true.

Sven is better than Brown, etc.

we aint going to get Hughes or RDM.

We'll be lucky if we get anyone with what's on the table.

Don't get your hopes up about Sven. When Harry said Blackburns still a good job everyone went crazy saying get him now!!! Then he backed out saying Its good but not for him. Good for someone else.

Svennis isn't among my top choices, but I wouldn't mind him. Largely for nostalgic reasons though. He won the UEFA Cup with my local team. An almost bankrupt, semi-professional Swedish team. In the final beating HSV, who won the European Cup the next season. OK so it was 30 years ago, an eternity in football terms, but nonetheless a huge achievement. One of his cousins is also a very close family friend. So there's that.

Then there's of course the whole saga of him having accepted the job once already. But if Jack Walker didn't hold it against him, I won't either.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves, we don't even know what the story is, do we? Does he want it or not? Was he the one who threw his hat into the ring or did he have it thrown in for him?

6 months, fail and you are sacked. You couldn't bring in your own players to help you achieve success, and you can't bring in your own backroom team. Imo, that is a load of @#/? to work under those conditions. You cannot honestly tell me that is right, even if it was Peter Taylor.

It is a crap deal in many ways, except for one: It's a ready made excuse. Fail and you can say that you wanted the challenge, but that noone can work under those conditions. Succeed and your stock will have risen; taking the worst run club in the country to the playoffs (Or whatever we define as "success" here).

Now obviously that's just one factor among many, but I can see that as one reason why some half decent managers might be interested.

Archived