BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We'll only be able to attract managers nobody wants following that logic. Hire a good manager, ensure he knows he's here for the 'long haul'. Give him a decent size transfer kitty, and the freedom to bring in his own backroom staff. Voilla!

If they did that would that entice you to go out and commit to and buy a 3 year season ticket Torgeir?

6 months contract, performance related with targets, is what Shebby is talking about. So that takes us to the end of this season.

Very good idea. I'm all for it.

Should have dangled it in front of McCarthy 2 months ago.

The 6 six months contract reward success and performance.

cut out the compo if we fail to get playoffs and let him go.

if we get to the playoffs then the new manager get a 12 month rolling contract

if we get promote then the new manager get a 2 years contract.

makes good business sense.

maybe if your business is selling chicken.

(O Wait.....!)

Sven Sven Sven Sven Sven!!!!!!!

Sven would be amazing. Realistically tho were getting Phil brown or Peter Taylor

of all the desperado type managers that don't stick around at one club for to long Sven would be very acceptable.

No manager worth his salt would come on those conditions......what it will attract are has-beens, want-to-bes and nobodies..... what we have become under the lovely Venkys

2nd of your options sounds OK to me.

I've got to say that with 3/4 notable exceptions (4 at a squeak) all of our managers in the past 20 years have come under one or other of those categories and it must have cost the club a King's ransom to get rid of them too.

Sven Sven Sven Sven Sven!!!!!!!

Sven would be amazing.

Would he? Why?

6 months....may as well keep Bowyer in the job til May and assess the situation then.

I think , you are going to be right !

From the quality of applicants , keep Bowyer ...

Being realistic we are not going to go down or get in the play offs , it is shambolic and an indictment on the current board (or should I say planks) that we are linked with Taylor , Mcdonald , Davies etc ...

I think a 1 week contract is all i would offer some of those people !

No idea , who it will be when the smoke comes out of the chimney in Pune , but please god keep Jerome Anderson and his agency well away from Ewood Park ...

Steve Kean got 18 months to get us relegated , granted he nearly did it 5 !

VENKYS OUT !

Use the Bristol game to vote with your feet ...

Hilarious that people are trying to justify offering a manager at this club a 6 month contract. If you're happy with that then you better be happy when Peter Taylor rolls into town because that's all you deserve.

Well look on the bright side.......at least we wont have to wait two years suffer a decimated squad, relegation, humiliation and a 50% reduction in attendances to get shot this time would we? Gotta be good.

Well it rules out anyone currently in a job elsewhere, or anyone attracted by having money to spend (Sven, not that Id want him anyway)

If he wants it then Id go for Mark Bowen. I know he's not experienced, but of all the candidates he would be the one Id have most confidence in being able to turn it around.

So what there asking for is a manager who will work for 6 months and if we don't get promoted will be fired, they'll have no transfer kitty to play with and they can't broing in their own coaching team. My lord! Other clubs will be in danger of having their managers walk out we are offering such a great deal.

Shebby should just shut his trap snd stay of the air!

If they did that would that entice you to go out and commit to and buy a 3 year season ticket Torgeir?

No.

Not saying it doesn't make business sense, but we're in a position where I don't think we can dictate terms like we could only 60+ days ago. Being less of an attractive proposition than before, I can't see how offering a short term contract and no backing in the transfer market will be able to attract a manager able to take the club forward. And so the downward spiral continues.

Sounds to me like there won't be a change for six months, then it'll be looked at again.

Could well be.

The worry is that we're in this position simply because they couldn't make a decision. If Venky's can't make a decision, they walk away from it.

6 months, fail and you are sacked. You couldn't bring in your own players to help you achieve success, and you can't bring in your own backroom team. Imo, that is a load of @#/? to work under those conditions. You cannot honestly tell me that is right, even if it was Peter Taylor.

No.

Not saying it doesn't make business sense, but we're in a position where I don't think we can dictate terms like we could only 60+ days ago. Being less of an attractive proposition than before, I can't see how offering a short term contract and no backing in the transfer market will be able to attract a manager able to take the club forward. And so the downward spiral continues.

I agree, the management business is about reputation and anyone who takes the offer on the table clearly doesn't have a reputation to be hurt!

Remember they want us back on side............I've got more chance of Ewood singing my name than singing Venky's. Especially with that offer that probably struggle to entice a League 2 manager.

That is just what I have been told John , RE Davies. I dont think he would be worst appointment though.

On experience, I concurr that seems to be general consensus, but its also dividing opinion as once we get experienced names, people are then trying to again whittle those names down.

I think whoever Rovers appoint will divide opinion, as everyone has their own idea of their perfect appointment. However we are not in an ideal world at present and Rovers are damaged goods

You are of course correct to say we are damaged goods with what has happened at the Club over the last two years and with the Boardroom squabbling that still appears to be going on. It is therefore hardly surprising that a Hughes or a Dalglish or a Curbishley might not be interested in us at the present time.

The rest of what you say though only holds water if the names are slightly imperfect but nonetheless plausible middle of the road candidates like Davies O' Driscoll Coyle or Grayson.

It is complete nonsense however imo to attempt to justify the potential appointment of a near joke candidate like Taylor on the basis " Ah well, you can't please all the people all the time."

Archived