BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hence that section seems to be a template with the content not added yet. Viewing the site as an whole from it's entry page http://kentaro.lroomuk.com/ seems to be a work in progress/template. if it is an hoax somebody has taken a lot of effort to point people in the direction of Peter Taylor , a host of players and media people being linked with kentaro

I reckon it's just a demo site. They are working on a new site for Kentaro and have used dummy content whilst developing. I do the same thing.

They should have added a robots.txt file to block google from picking it up! tut tut.

I wouldn't be surprised if its Taylor. I mean you think you can't find a manager with a worse record before coming to Rovers than Berg - total failure at a Norwegian club and fired after only a handful of games? Think again. Getting sacked by Bahrain, that's our new managerial standard.

I reckon it's just a demo site. They are working on a new site for Kentaro and have used dummy content whilst developing. I do the same thing.

They should have added a robots.txt file to block google from picking it up! tut tut.

Have you read the thread correctly, Cassius, who were taken over by Kentaro have Peter Taylor, Craig Short and Mauro Formica as their clients, this is quite clear if you google Cassius!!

I wouldn't put too much into getting sacked in Bahrain, I think we all know how football in the Gulf and some of the Arab states work.

I will be seriously underwhelmed for a third time running if we appoint Taylor. I suspect one of his selling points is his ability to work with youngsters but his track record should convince Shebby and Venky's that he's not the man for the job. Go all in for Solskjær (though I doubt he would take the job now, he would most likely consult Berg) or convince Souness to come back :)

The more I think about it, the weirder it gets.

There are managers like Curbishley and Hughes out there who would almost certainly come if the conditions were right.

Yet we're apparently sniffing around people like Billy Davies and Peter Taylor.

When we finally wiped Kean from the soles of our shoes, we could have ended up with a Schuster, a Redknapp or a Holloway and we ended up with Berg.

Surely it's in Venky's best interests to get this appointment right?

We're told that one of these fan groups has direct access to the people who make decisions and whose opinions count.

So why are they not advising the owners that someone like Peter Taylor is simply not good enough?

We shouldn't be pandering to a Malasian nobody, who wants to play Football Manager with our club. Forget Shabby, his heart is seemingly in the right place, but that means nothing when he doesn't know what he's doing.

The impact of getting this appointment right/wrong can not be emphasised enough.

Have you read the thread correctly, Cassius, who were taken over by Kentaro have Peter Taylor, Craig Short and Mauro Formica as their clients, this is quite clear if you google Cassius!!

to clarify from the information posted on this thread; Maurio Formica was not on Cassius books it would seem he was added (as posted by perthblue02) when in 2012 Kentaro added the London based talent agency Players Lounge to the group (Led by former professional footballer Tony Finnigan). Craig Short and Peter Taylor it would seem were. As of January 2013, the website linked suggests Kentaro have brought all of these elements together (Cassius/Players Lounge/Kentaro) to create Kentaro Talent Management (hence i suspect the new website). http://kentaro.lroomuk.com/about which appears still under construction and very current! Of the current players at Blackburn Gael Givet features on the linked website as does Miles Anderson.

That's good news to me, although not the finished article a player with pace is always good to have. It makes the opposition wary. Now, let's hope he does not stop trying so hard now he has nailed down a contract.

agree Stuart, i think any new manager would be quite happy with King based on his performances to date.

i still want Hoddle in as new manager, with Tugay as his assistant :tu:

I'd like Hoddle in, but I have to agree with the one poster who said he'd either be brilliant or a total flop. I don't think there would be any in between with him. He would certainley put us in the news, raise our profile. Sadly I can only expect the Venky's, Shebby and the two sidekicks to come up with a total loser.

If we hadn't of won yesterday, I fear we would have been waking up to the news Taylor was our new manager. We have a lot to thank Bowyer for!

Be interesting to see what Shebby says about Taylor tonight on Radio Lancs.

I will tune in then if he is on Lancs to see what rubbish he comes out with, you just know he will decline to talk about any names that have been linked.

Can someone please explain why we keep banging on about Hughes? He's said he is not interested and for him to even consider it wholesale changes would have to be made at the top level. Let's face it THAT is NOT going to happen. I also need an explanation as to why, if true that Curbs has thrown his hat in the ring, Curbishley has not been nailed down as our new boss. It is just totally bewildering to me that these idiots just don't get it.

Yes mate, I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying the site is a demo site that is in development. I often create my own content when developing a website whilst I wait for the client to supply the relevant information. I wouldn't take any info from the there as fact.

Apart from that I find the Kentaro/Sem men being touted for the managers job quite worrying considering Kentaro/SEM have (IMO!) been heavily involved in Rovers fall from grace.

I'm beginning to resign to the fact that Peter Taylor will be the next manager unless something drastic happens. Think about it.

In-fighting between the chairpeople of the club. Venkys look for suggestions from outside the boardroom.

Taylor was unavailable when Berg was hired. He's available now.

Taylor will be cheap and grateful for the opportunity.

Taylor is on Kentaro's books. Strange how their name keeps cropping up.

Even more worrying, massive bets seem to have come in across a few bookies for Taylor merely a couple of days before a manager is due to be announced. Someone could make a tidy sum on long odds.

Same thing happened with Berg, all these experienced names being banded about and out of nowhere, Berg appointed. Again, imagine the odds on him when he wasn't even in the running.

The conspiracy theorist in me, for once, agrees with the logical part of my brain. Taylor ticks all the boxes when it comes to statements from Shebby and Balaji. It's been confirmed he's in the running too.

My head's telling me that he probably WAS going to be manager on New Years Day until something happened in the background blocking his arrival. Who knows. But the signs that Taylor will be appointed are worrying...

From the Shebby interview on Radio Lancs we have learnt some new details about the managerial post:

- The new manager would get a 6 month contract, with a possibility of getting longer if successful.

- No transfer budget unless Rovers offload players.

- Backroom staff setup is fine as is. Assumption that Bowyer will become assistant manager? Would explain Hendry being moved?

No decent manager will go for that...

Interesting comments about the fans, got the impression Shebby was blaming the fans and saying he wouldn't put Bowyer through it when asked about promoting from within again.

• Backroom

As if Bowyer would get any abuse. All the abuse would be aimed solely at Singh and Venky's, and he knows it. Get the feeling he was throwing a bit of a tantrum because he doesn't like the chants aimed at him lately.

I think it's about to get a lot worse for you, Shebby.

From the Shebby interview on Radio Lancs we have learnt some new details about the managerial post:

- The new manager would get a 6 month contract, with a possibility of getting longer if successful.

- No transfer budget unless Rovers offload players.

- Backroom staff setup is fine as is. Assumption that Bowyer will become assistant manager? Would explain Hendry being moved?

No decent manager will go for that...

Interesting comments about the fans, got the impression Shebby was blaming the fans and saying he wouldn't put Bowyer through it when asked about promoting from within again.

No manager will take us on if we don't have a transfer kitty

I like the idea the 6 months contract for the next manager with a longer one if he is a success, acheive targets set and performance.

We keep giving compo to managers who failed, like Ince, Berg and Kean.

the contract is a good idea.

Lancashire Telegraph@lancstelegraph

In tomorrow's LT: Sven-Göran Eriksson on the Rovers manager role, and Rovers sign permanent contract with Josh King.

is Sven interest in Rovers job???

• Backroom
I like the idea the 6 months contract for the next manager with a longer one if he is a success, acheive targets set and performance.

We keep giving compo to managers who failed, like Ince, Berg and Kean.

the contract is a good idea.

Lancashire Telegraph@lancstelegraph

In tomorrow's LT: Sven-Göran Eriksson on the Rovers manager role, and Rovers sign permanent contract with Josh King.

is Sven interest in Rovers job???

You won't like the type of manager that applies for a 6 month vacancy at Venky Rovers, I guarantee you that.

And why, by the way, did Shebby not have this brainwave of handing out a short term contract when he handed Berg his multi-year deal?

• Backroom

No self respecting manager will take a 6 month contract

Shebby knows this and it will mean we are stuck with the likes of Taylor aka 'one the top footballing people in the country'

Archived