BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

Wasn't Hughes on some kind of rolling contract when he first came here? Different scenario I know, just sayin'.

Anyone assume we'd got our man when the site went into meltdown? I did.

Struggling to be optimistic toppers, and yes I did too ha ha

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the Shebby interview on Radio Lancs we have learnt some new details about the managerial post:

- The new manager would get a 6 month contract, with a possibility of getting longer if successful.

- No transfer budget unless Rovers offload players.

- Backroom staff setup is fine as is. Assumption that Bowyer will become assistant manager? Would explain Hendry being moved?

No decent manager will go for that...

Interesting comments about the fans, got the impression Shebby was blaming the fans and saying he wouldn't put Bowyer through it when asked about promoting from within again.

A very limited transfer budget is standard for almost all Championship clubs.

The contract thing is definitely a negative as Curbishley turned down Wolves for a similar thing last season.

Wasn't Hughes on some kind of rolling contract when he first came here? Different scenario I know, just sayin'.

Anyone assume we'd got our man when the site went into meltdown? I did.

Easier to attract a manager into the Premier League though.

I think Billy Davies is the best we can hope for now. Given that he's taken all three clubs he's managed into the play-offs (getting one promoted) that's no bad thing, but Shebby's comments have killed optimism of anything better (Hughes, Curbishley etc).

• Backroom
a six month contract minght be appealing to someone like o driscoll,give him chance to see if he could work with these oddalls

Not when the terms are promotion or the sack bearing in mind we are 5 points adrift of the playoffs at present

if shebby singh has any nous at all and is under pressure from shaw and agnew, not to mention the fans, it might be opportune for him to make a statement. i suggest that in that statement he clarifies a few issues. 1) the continuing role of JA and Kentaro,the previous history of this arrangement,and the constraints which might exist regarding players. 2) definitively deny or confirm that Kean was simply a manager with absolutely no other influence,control, or power within the organisation. 3) address the many conspiracy theories doing the rounds,from Glasgow mafia to Asian betting syndicates,money laundering,asset stripping et al. 4) make clear who are the Enemies within,why and where are we going with this.

At this juncture I feel a bit of straight talking honesty might be good. Might be better in a written statement,given mr singh:s propensity for verbal gaffs.

Up the Rovers

Down with Andersonshite (anybody who closes a website and goes on national tv,using his power over the media,then cries over supposed mistreatment ,to me is an arch villain. Needs nailing.

No self respecting manager will take a 6 month contract

Shebby knows this and it will mean we are stuck with the likes of Taylor aka 'one the top footballing people in the country'

Seems like this was what they expected. Any manager will lose credability if they take us on with a rubbish contract and no funds..........Peter Taylor it is then.

• Backroom
Benitez has got a 6 month contract.

Fulham hand out 12 month rolling contracts to their managers.

Sensible, especially with these dimwits in charge.

1) Both are stable, well-run Premier League clubs.

2) A 12 month contract is a lot different to a 6 month contract.

3) Benitez was being offered @#/? Chelsea following multiple failures after leaving Liverpool, it's not even a remotely valid comparison.

Hilarious that people are trying to justify offering a manager at this club a 6 month contract. If you're happy with that then you better be happy when Peter Taylor rolls into town because that's all you deserve.

• Backroom

Maybe in theory but we are a different kettle of fish altogether

We're not talking rolling contract though.

6 months contract, performance related with targets, is what Shebby is talking about. So that takes us to the end of this season.

Bergs target was promotion, what will the new bosses target be?

I would have to be pretty desperate to come under those terms. The new man would be completely on his own. No backing from his bosses. No money for players.

"We'll give you a very short contract with no money to spend. You can't bring in your own people either. Fail and you're out".

If only they hadn't blown all their money on Kean's compensation, inflated agent fees, Shebby's trailer, and sacking anyone who didn't "tow the line".

Might have enough leftover for a decent manager at this critical stage.

Bugger me, they're a dumb bunch.

• Backroom
Tony Pulis doesnt even have a contract at Stoke City.

And stoke are a steady premier league team with decent men in charge

It's really not the same

I dont think we should worry about Taylor. Cant see that happening at all.

Get Curbs in... Sorted.

To appoint either would be foolish and leave me most underwhelmed. Yesterdays men the pair of them...... or they might be better described as a has-been and a never-has-been.

6 month contract? Pfft, all they doing is dangling a carrot in front of somebody, who wants a good job for 6 months. At the end, he either gets a longer contract, and it ends in failure again, or he does well. Imo this might be sensible, but if we just bring in a decent manager, irrespective of what happens this season, then we start rebuilding. If this guy fails in the 6 months, then this process starts all over again. How can so many good managers have been interested, and we continue to make a hash of it? Its @#/? unbelievable, and at this point you only have to blame the hierarchy for this mess.

The 6 six months contract reward success and performance.

cut out the compo if we fail to get playoffs and let him go.

if we get to the playoffs then the new manager get a 12 month rolling contract

if we get promote then the new manager get a 2 years contract.

makes good business sense.

The 6 six months contract reward success and performance.

cut out the compo if we fail to get playoffs and let him go.

if we get to the playoffs then the new manager get a 12 month rolling contract

if we get promote then the new manager get a 2 years contract.

makes good business sense.

We'll only be able to attract managers nobody wants following that logic. Hire a good manager, ensure he knows he's here for the 'long haul'. Give him a decent size transfer kitty, and the freedom to bring in his own backroom staff. Voilla!

So much for thinking long term eh? Just another day at the circus...

Clearly when we get promoted (because we are sitting so comfortably at 13th with a game in hand) we will need to re-evalaute and appoint a new manager worthy of our status. I'm sure a manager on a 6 month contract will also work himself to the bone with passion and accept this is the right course of action for rovers and the players will be comfortable in the knowledge that they are working with somebody who is only around in the short term. clearly this is a well thought out plan!!!! it would be foolish to think any other way we are after all a club with aspirations of at least a premiership top 4 finish and a european place!!!!

Would Sven be that bad considering the likes of Phil Brown and Peter Taylor have been linked ???

wow .... just thought ..... what if Taylor is coming WITH Sven ??? Sven to be manager Taylor to all the coaching Bowyer to assist??? wouldnt they have been managing England/England U21 at same time ???

Exactly right. Managers by definition have huge ego's, they'll all think they can succeed. .... and if they can't then we can get rid relatively painlessly. Quite right too cos if they think they might fail we don't want them do we?

To all those who are dismissing this move then please explain why any new manager should be offered a 3 year contract when the average time in a job is less than two? I'll also virtually guarantee that you are an employee not an employer! :closedeyes:

Would Sven be that bad considering the likes of Phil Brown and Peter Taylor have been linked ???

wow .... just thought ..... what if Taylor is coming WITH Sven ??? Sven to be manager Taylor to all the coaching Bowyer to assist??? wouldnt they have been managing England/England U21 at same time ???

No!

From the Shebby interview on Radio Lancs we have learnt some new details about the managerial post:

- The new manager would get a 6 month contract, with a possibility of getting longer if successful.

- No transfer budget unless Rovers offload players.

- Backroom staff setup is fine as is. Assumption that Bowyer will become assistant manager? Would explain Hendry being moved?

No decent manager will go for that...

Interesting comments about the fans, got the impression Shebby was blaming the fans and saying he wouldn't put Bowyer through it when asked about promoting from within again.

I'm sure he said nobody coming in, even if players leave.

Archived