BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's imitation rather than libel. There's nothing on there that's been said that could damage the company, but the fact it showed up on Google means it's been integrated with search engines well.

It also links to the Kentaro Group's homepage at the bottom too, so it could be a new site they've not finished yet.

It'd be libellous though if it said something like "Philippe Huber sucks monkeys", which as far as I can see it doesn't

Hey come on now, that was back in 1993 and he's not that person any more.

As others have posted, if Curbishley wants the job they should get his signature on a contract pronto.

The logic of leaving Bowyer in charge as caretaker so as not to upset things is flawed.

The delay is once again no doubt due to the various factions fighting for who should be appointed.

There are simply no grounds for optimism until the club's hierarchy is sorted out.

Looks like more leaks to discredit Shebby. Hughes isn`t remotely interested so Shaw wanting him isn´t a whole lot of use, is it?

I'm seriously wondering why so many people are jumping on the anti - shebby bandwagon? Sure he wears glasses and talks funny, occasionally says things that are politically incorrect (does anyone really disagree that pedersen and dunn aren't the way forward in central midfield?) and has so far made one giant ballsup, which to his credit he admitted and rectified and also (my interpretation) made sure we didn't repeat the same mistake of keeping the substandard backroom team when the next manager comes in...

How anyone can suggest Singh knows what he is doing or acting in the club's best interest is beyond me.

It seems to me that the Rao's are slowing down the process not Singh. Perhaps they don't fancy spending more money that they haven't got.

Its just another example of incompetence from Singh and the owners, I've had several conversations with colleagues this morning all centred around Singh being a commentator at Boro and being on 606! what a circus.

My patience is wearing thin, and I'm sure many more fans feel the same way, this coupled with another' body blow' looming with the appointment of Taylor, I think they'll be losing another 1000 or so off the gate going forward.

When will this end?

So, if Venky's do appoint Taylor, who, by all accounts was neither a Shaw/Agnew or Shebby recommendation, surely that would make the positions of all the three untenable?

No point being here if the single biggest footballing decision they'd have to make is taken out of their hands.

I think Curbishley was touted by some on here when we were looking to replace Hughes, Ince, Allardyce and Kean. There must have been literally hundreds of vacancies in that time and yet Curbs still remains out of work.

Personally I'd only be marginally less gutted if we appointed Curbishley than if we got Peter Taylor.

I suppose messrs Coyle or Davies would be too sensible?

Seems like a sensible decision to leave Bowyer in charge ....to me. At least for a while.

January transfer window - only under Berg were we going to deal. We need to remove players not buy another batch. Extend King's Loan Period....anything else is wrong,whatever the scenario at the end of this Season.

I think Curbishley was touted by some on here when we were looking to replace Hughes, Ince, Allardyce and Kean. There must have been literally hundreds of vacancies in that time and yet Curbs still remains out of work.

Personally I'd only be marginally less gutted if we appointed Curbishley than if we got Peter Taylor.

I suppose messrs Coyle or Davies would be too sensible?

I agree the fact that Curbishley had been out of the game for so long is a slight worry.

I'm pretty sure he's had the opportunities to get back in but turned them down.

What you have to look at with Curbishley is he hasn't had more clubs than Rory McIlroy.

Did a fantastic job at Charlton ( they plummeted when he left ) and a reasonable job at West Ham.

He's not damaged goods and would come with a clean slate.

Seems a very level headed character.

I agree the fact that Curbishley had been out of the game for so long is a slight worry.

I'm pretty sure he's had the opportunities to get back in but turned them down.

What you have to look at with Curbishley is he hasn't had more clubs than Rory McIlroy.

Did a fantastic job at Charlton ( they plummeted when he left ) and a reasonable job at West Ham.

He's not damaged goods and would come with a clean slate.

Seems a very level headed character.

Curbs has a decent win ratio too, around the 40% mark and knows how to build a football club from the grassroots upwards.

Curbishley should be the runaway favourite. Two promotions to his name so knows how to get out of this division. If Shebby wants a manager without a blot on his CV then Curbs is the man. Won 7 from 9 to save West Ham from relegation, 10th the following season then had 2 wins from 3 games before being inexcplicably sacked. He transformed Charlton from a nothing club into a solid PL one.

It's a slight worry that he's been out of the game for a while, but that won't have turned him into a bad manager. He's continued to be involved in the game so he'll be aware of what's going on.

We are talking about Venkys here, they dont make rational decisions, only poor ones, how that shower are still in business amazes me, in my opinion, its got to be incompetence, the only other option is the conspiracy theory, it simply has to be one of the two, with the banking situation and agents fees etc, I do sometimes wonder about money laundering but thats simply my opinion!

Just spoken to a trusted individual from in the media who has spoke to Billy Davies Points to note from conversation

Billy Davies and Derek Shaw despise each other, so that rules out Davies being put forward by Shaw.

Shaw has said many times to this journo that he would never work with Davies again, whilst Davies has said likewise as he was not rewarded for his work at North-end.with a better contract.

Davies has a tendancy to fall out with Chairman at every club.

If he is on the list, then its not through Shaw

Whilst Davies has decent pedigree at Championship level, he could be a recipe for disaster. He is a very confrontational character and has had many bust ups with board of directors in his time.

I would be interested to know these rumours on Curbishley as Le Chuck said, he is the stand out canadidate and would appoint a good back room team too.

On experience, I think what everyone is saying is that we shouldnt look to appoint a novice again and that they should have experience of managing in the UK.

the more i think about it the more Taylor makes " Venky sense " .... he'd be cheap for a start , out of work , emphasis much more on "coach" than manager , working in Bahrain he will have knowledge of players in Asia and will be more receptacle when players start being pushed from there his way , and he will be that grateful of a half decent job back in the UK he daren't rock the boat

Just spoken to a trusted individual from in the media who has spoke to Billy Davies Points to note from conversation

Billy Davies and Derek Shaw despise each other, so that rules out Davies being put forward by Shaw.

Shaw has said many times to this journo that he would never work with Davies again, whilst Davies has said likewise as he was not rewarded for his work at North-end.with a better contract.

Davies has a tendancy to fall out with Chairman at every club.

If he is on the list, then its not through Shaw

Can you confirm there is a list then ? I was under the impression the decision had been made.

Can you confirm there is a list then ? I was under the impression the decision had been made.

I only know what I what I was told last night that an appointment had been sanctioned, who that appointment is I dont know. If there was a list again I do not know. I only ever ask questions which rules names out.

However it all depends on who you speak with.

Was told Curbishley was a NO, but things change so much like the weather I dont hang my hat on any of the things I'm told regardless of who tells me. I just pass on what I'm told as rumour if its relevant for the discussion.

I just hope whoever is appointed gets results, and has been a manager elsewhere

Whilst Davies has decent pedigree at Championship level, he could be a recipe for disaster. He is a very confrontational character and has had many bust ups with board of directors in his time.

I would be interested to know these rumours on Curbishley as Le Chuck said, he is the stand out canadidate and would appoint a good back room team too.

On experience, I think what everyone is saying is that we shouldnt look to appoint a novice again and that they should have experience of managing in the UK.

That is just what I have been told John , RE Davies. I dont think he would be worst appointment though.

On experience, I concurr that seems to be general consensus, but its also dividing opinion as once we get experienced names, people are then trying to again whittle those names down.

I think whoever Rovers appoint will divide opinion, as everyone has their own idea of their perfect appointment. However we are not in an ideal world at present and Rovers are damaged goods

Archived