BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

stuff the venkys and there craziness....

my stepdaughter has just had a 6pound 6 girl....wet head time.

Funnily enough odds on Abbey's (step) granddaughter becoming the next manager have just been slashed dramatically

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite glad that BRAG are around to try and stop Venkys running riot with crazy appointments. I don't agree with BRAG being so tight with Shebby though, If you're a fans group then you must do all you can to be seen to be on the side of the fans... Currently they don't appear to stand on either side of the line.

If they want to tell Venkys NO to Taylor and Brown, then they have my blessing... 100%. It's a sorry state of affairs when fans have to step in and advise the club who to appoint and who not to appoint.

Currently, I'd rather leave the team in the hands of the guy who has 2 wins than appoint Taylor or Brown. Hughes, Curbishley, Coyle or Di Matteo should be the ONLY options in my opinion.

No faith in Shebby & Venkys to make a good appointment at all though.

I didn't go today, had other things to do, but on speaking with mates who did watch the game, apparently the players were big on Bowyer and even CKR ran over to him after his goal.

My brother in law who worked for Rovers at Brockhall for years has said that Bowyer is a top bloke, genuine and - in his opinion - a potentially cracking manager.

I'm warming to the idea...

Not a good thing in my eyes. A manager shouldn't be all chummy with the players, he's their leader - not their friend. And that's why good coaches often turn out to become poor managers.

I agree that a manager shouldn't be friends with his players. You have to maintain a level of professionalism. As a manager of a under 12's side I act friendly to my players but when they act out I drop them to the bench or tell them they are missing a match. This shows that am not their friend just their manager.

Same principle as a footballers mentality is that of an 11 year old

I agree that a manager shouldn't be friends with his players. You have to maintain a level of professionalism. As a manager of a under 12's side I act friendly to my players but when they act out I drop them to the bench or tell them they are missing a match. This shows that am not their friend just their manager.

This from someone who's represented by Shredder ;)

I don't want Bowyer to get the job. He's doing brilliantly but if the players are friendly with him then I imagine that's probably why they're playing for him. If things started going wrong then would he be able to motivate them? Doubt we'll find out.

You can be friends with someone and still respect them. I think all of the times Tony Parkes stepped in showed that, and that was when we had some top drawer players.

I think on a permanent basis though, the manager needs to have a level of distance between himself and the players but a mutual respect is essential.

This from someone who's represented by Shredder ;)

I don't want Bowyer to get the job. He's doing brilliantly but if the players are friendly with him then I imagine that's probably why they're playing for him. If things started going wrong then would he be able to motivate them? Doubt we'll find out.

Dress like Shredder on the touchline too. Scares the life out of them......the next manager should defo do it too!

Still fully expecting everyone to know who the new Manager is going to be before the day ends.

Wrong.

The latest I know is the Manager appointment has been sanctioned and will more than likely occur after the cup game.

Not tonight then? After the cup game now is it? You`re sure this time? I`m beginning to think you have as much information as the rest of us. None.

According to the Daily Mail (I know!) the short list Venkys are looking at, includes Taylor, MacDonald, Davies and Jordan Ali!

And Ali was at the game! Why? I thought we'd been assured that he was up here for a fortnight just to watch and learn.

We'll end up with that bugger somewhere, sometime I'm absolutely convinced.

PS---I hope there's another name or two in there because it does't look too inspiring.

Think it was just a market move which produced all the gossip

Message boards are a lot like sewing circles. It doesn't take much to get a vicious rumor making the rounds.

Perspectively I don't care much for the January transfer window. If we kept the same squad for the rest of the season I wouldn't mind, provided the right manager is there to pull them together. I think that's far more important than any signings we can make in this window.

I'd actually like a defensive midfielder and a center back. I think it'd improve our game remarkably.

Wont say too much on the matter apart from people have been asking for an experienced Manager, its not the supporters job to pick who that Manager is.

. . .

Supporters dont pick Managers the club does, and I hope when the new guy comes in, he aint tried and committed before he even gets a chance to show us what he can do

But the supporters will judge (and comment on) the club (or owners) based on the manager they appoint. After 2 failures in a row, and a series of shocking decisions, they won't get a free pass.

Taylor is not an appointment which will unite the fans and result in Venkys being given the benefit of the doubt. If they want a 2013 which starts with a clean slate, they'll have to do a lot better.

I know everyone wanted an experienced manager but Peter Taylor is a dinosaur. His last 5 jobs have been Crystal Palace (2006), Stevenage Borough (2007), Wycombe (2008), Bradford (2010) and Bahrain (2011). Not done well enough in any of those jobs, and definitely a manager in decline. IF he is the chosen one then I despair, I really do.

So Taylor is experienced but not "proven", at least not in recent history.

If Curbishley applied and they choose Taylor over him people really do need shooting.

If Cursbishley applied and they did not appoint him (unless someone like Hughes got the nod) then I'd know the lunatics are running the asylum.

Taylor's name has been thrown into the ring.... Along with at least 4 others which I know of.

That's as far as he's gotten.

IMO he's unlikely.

Thank goodness.

stuff the venkys and there craziness....

my stepdaughter has just had a 6pound 6 girl....wet head time.

Congratulations! :tu:

I think you are a little wrong here, I have managed from under 12s through to Youth Team and then reserves at semi pro level, you can be friends but you draw the line and set the parametors, more importantly, you do need either the manager or the assistant to be friendly with the players, someone they can talk to, relate to and go to with their problems but, and this is the important point, one of the two has to play the bad cop, 'Arry' has Joe Jordan to play the bad cop and he's good at it, Clough was the bad cop yet Peter Taylor (the old one) was the good cop, its the balance of the two, more importantly still, is the fact that the manager can get the players to play for him, whatever is said, at the moment, the players are playing for Gary and this gives us time, remember Parkes had quite a few games as caretaker before Kenny came in!!

Reading through this, and I can't believe some of the BRAG posts on Taylor.

Saw one basically saying 'As long as the manager has experience I'll be happy', reading very much as support for Taylor.

Experience is important yes, but Taylor's 'experience' is of abject failure and sackings.

Astounding.

I'm quite glad that BRAG are around to try and stop Venkys running riot with crazy appointments. I don't agree with BRAG being so tight with Shebby though, If you're a fans group then you must do all you can to be seen to be on the side of the fans... Currently they don't appear to stand on either side of the line.

If they want to tell Venkys NO to Taylor and Brown, then they have my blessing... 100%. It's a sorry state of affairs when fans have to step in and advise the club who to appoint and who not to appoint.

Currently, I'd rather leave the team in the hands of the guy who has 2 wins than appoint Taylor or Brown. Hughes, Curbishley, Coyle or Di Matteo should be the ONLY options in my opinion.

No faith in Shebby & Venkys to make a good appointment at all though.

Then as a fans group what should they do... protest against Shebby and thus loose all links to the club? I find it pretty refreshing that they helped stop the BM appointment and get at least some info from one of the factions within Ewood. Still I am a fool as I personally don't mind shebby to much, he is a bafoon, a twit, a meddler and don't really want him at the club but at least he talks to the fans and is not a backstabbing cretin like Agnew and his cronies.

Agree that I would rather have Bowyer than the likes of Taylor.. Bowyer has at least worked with allot of the players (especially the batch of kids coming through.. JK, Henley, Hanley, Lowe et al), seems to of handed Murphy and other first teamers more responsibility and got them back onside, did well as one of the main people to promote the likes of P Jones from the youth ranks and has been around Rovers for a very long time... and his start has been *cough* passable... I doubt he has the skillset and certainly not the experience or contacts for the broader range of managerial jobs (organising coaching, recruitment, transfers etc etc) but he offers allot more than has beens and ex players.

My choices would still be from the likes of Curbs, Hughes, OGS, Schuster, Grayson.. but doubt any of those will be possible.

One thing is nailed on atm.. Venkys are either going to have to make concessions to get a quality manager or face hell on earth at Ewood (probably both on and off the pitch knowing them).

I think you are a little wrong here, I have managed from under 12s through to Youth Team and then reserves at semi pro level, you can be friends but you draw the line and set the parametors, more importantly, you do need either the manager or the assistant to be friendly with the players, someone they can talk to, relate to and go to with their problems but, and this is the important point, one of the two has to play the bad cop, 'Arry' has Joe Jordan to play the bad cop and he's good at it, Clough was the bad cop yet Peter Taylor (the old one) was the good cop, its the balance of the two, more importantly still, is the fact that the manager can get the players to play for him, whatever is said, at the moment, the players are playing for Gary and this gives us time, remember Parkes had quite a few games as caretaker before Kenny came in!!

I have coaches to relate to the players, discuss problems etc. Any important problems they will relay back to me . A manager is there to do a job to be friendly but maintain professionalism.

Glen, I think posting things as fact is doing yourself nor the readers any favours.

Some readers will appreciate inside information for discussion but the way you present it needs to change.

That's the least I would do in your position. The most I would do is stop posting inside information at all and just enjoy it for yourself. It does come across as though you crave limelight but there you go.

sound advice.

I have coaches to relate to the players, discuss problems etc. Any important problems they will relay back to me . A manager is there to do a job to be friendly but maintain professionalism.

Not neccesarily, worked for me, beat Accy Stanley to get to LFA youth cup Final, each player I had with that youth team is earning money from the game at decent semi pro level and to this day, still phone me for advice and help, doesnt matter who is the good cop or the bad cop, professionalism comes from the discipline you instill within the club through the code of conduct, each player knows they have to adhere to that, attend training and do the right things, now, each of our coaches had at least level 2 with three UEFA B coaches, they are there to coach the players to a managers instructions with regard to tactics, coaching 11 year olds is very different to adults, at 13 it gets more interesting as they begin to throw their opinions with regard to tactics etc, younger players learn their roles and what those roles entail, as they progress to senior football, then tactics become more prevelent along with fitness and diet, a young player should never be training for fitness, will do more harm than good, as a young player, should be all work with the ball and technique.

Archived