BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager

den

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess would be that a decent percentage of those supporters would come back if we got ourselves back into the Premier League.

I'm all for using a messageboard, or the trust, or BRAG to voice your discontent over the manager or the ownership. You can stay away because of the ownership or because you simply think that the entertainment value isn't good enough, but saying that if we appoint a certain owner you will no longer attend is ridiculous. Will you then come back if we've won 4 in a row? 10 in a row? Been promoted?

As I said, with that sort of reaction we will look as foolish as Chelsea fans.

Well your guess is wrong Eddie. We've been through the figures before. Come across to these parts and ask the fans who have left the club and you'll find a "decent percentage" [your words] have left because of one factor alone - Venky's.

Taylor's name has been thrown into the ring.... Along with at least 4 others which I know of.

That's as far as he's gotten.

IMO he's unlikely.

As others have said on here, don't think that Taylor is Shebby or Shaw 's choice, seems that he has found a way to go direct to owners.
Great isn't it?

We have two camps trying to justify their choices and Venkys come back saying I know you've done a bit of research and already have more of an idea about football than we'll have if we live to be a million but we've had a phone call and we think you might be pleased with this one.

mexican+guy+thumbs+up.jpg

Glen and BRAG don't have anything to do with this, regardless of what people think of him or the group.

At the end of the day, we're all royally keaned off that Peter Taylor will be handed the job and Glen and BRAG are easy targets here.

If it is a source from outside the UK that nobody has any ties to, than 100% of the blame lies squarely at the doors of The Venky family in India.

In a bizarre twist of fate, this could just about be their undoing. In the past, they've always had a pawn to take the stick. By making this decision, they are inviting anger and resentment directly from the fans. I was wondering when this day would come.

I don't hate Peter Taylor, in fact my apathy towards him is limitless. I just want what's best for the club I've been passionate about for over three decades. I just fail to reconcile my views, and those of thousands of other supporters, with those of our (temporary owners) who don't appear to have the first clue in how to run a football club. We are an aside, that they have entrusted to rank amateurs, and continue to prat about with. I've given up my ST, gone back temporarily, boycotted, stopped sponsoring, gone back - my emotions are shot. This is a bad appointment if true.

Btw I think it's harsh to be giving so much stick to Glen. He doesn't make the decisions at the club. Let's not take our annoyance at this news out on him.

Yes, he appears to be close to Shebby but this isn't a shebby decision. That's my view on the situation anyway.

PMSL. So Venkys are employing 2 groups of people (Agnew/Shaw and Shebby) who have spent time using their 'knowledge' to find the right new manager. Then Taylor cuts both of them out and Venkys are so numb they could potentially ignore the people they are employing and put their own manager in. Taylor would be screwed, he'd have both camps sticking the knife into him at every opportunity.

Everything goes through Ewood. Nothing comes direct to Pune. If anything tried, it would be redirected back to Ewood before the family saw it.

A certain agent continues to try, but it all goes back to Ewood and is filed in Shebby's office under 'Trash".

Taylor's name has been thrown into the ring.... Along with at least 4 others which I know of.

That's as far as he's gotten.

IMO he's unlikely.

A crumb of comfort, thanks for posting MG, any chance of telling us who the others which you know of? lol

Btw I think it's harsh to be giving so much stick to Glen. He doesn't make the decisions at the club. Let's not take our annoyance at this news out on him.

Yes, he appears to be close to Shebby but this isn't a shebby decision. That's my view on the situation anyway.

Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it. Martyrdom is the test.

Didn't have any confidence going into the process but I am absolutely staggered if Taylor gets the job. Nothing in his past managerial career suggests he can do what Is required. Just utterly gob smacking.

This will end in tears.

Underwhelmed.

With all due respect if we are Portsmouth and in league 1 fighting against relegation Taylor would be a decent shout.

But as a fan of Blackburn Rovers FC surely the powers that be can choose a better candidate than Taylor? Surely there is at least ONE brain somewhere in management who can recommend a manager with experience in championship?

Agree with Glen on one point, would back Taylor until he gave reason not to back him.

If there was ANY belief in Venkys left THIS is it for me, they will NEVER learn and they need to leave our club-hopefully once it starts hitting their pockets they may consider selling.

Would obviously hope any manager succeeds, but would completely run out of patience and respect for Singh/Agnew&Shaw and most of all Glen Mullen and his merry men.

QUESTION:- Other than the usual 2/3 GM sycophants are all other brag members happy with Glen Mullen's views(considering he represents you) and unhealthy relationship with shebby singh?

(BRAG claim to have many 1000s of members so surely there must be quite a substantial amount of members viewing here regularly!)

Sorry Glen, are you confirming that the new manager is Peter Taylor? But the actual official announcement won't be until Saturday?

Thank you Bob, finally a proper question

No im not confirming Peter Taylor as Manager and have not even stated he would be Manager, I was trying to get involved in the debate. It appears everyone else thinks Peter Taylor is the new Manager.

I simply stated people are asking for an experienced Manager then when one comes up for discussion they say not that one.

Announcement has been delayed Yes, and this is all being done out in Pune, hence leaks are not leaks but just rumours

Everything goes through Ewood. Nothing comes direct to Pune. If anything tried, it would be redirected back to Ewood before the family saw it.

A certain agent continues to try, but it all goes back to Ewood and is filed in Shebby's office under 'Trash".

so lies again told with announcement times.

I agree it's harsh but I can't help but think in some ways some.posters bring it on.themselves by stating things will happen and they dont

You are of course allowed your opinion.

I have stated numerous times on the board, that the list has now gone to India, Cryer backs this up in todays Telegraph. I have also stated that the names being banded around are wide of the mark.

The owners have not selected one off the list, so how could I possibly know the final name? If they aint picked one yet

Archived