BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are the Rao's really this stupid?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any more news on the Indian journo who was supposed to be writing an article on the Venkys? Am sure Kammy said a few week ago the journo was just putting the 'finishing touches' to the article.

Are these working numbers?

Also how do you obtained these?

How does it matter how he obtained them and why would he spell it out on here?

As to whether they are working numbers or not, there is one sure way to find out if you are seriously interested.

Their stubbornness is the most dangerous thing. It seems like they are just letting the club tick over at the bare minimum, waiting in vain for somebody to come along and pay the ridiculous asking price. In the meantime they'll sell off as much of our valuable assets as possible to slightly reduce losses.

They must know we hate them and therefore there is at least an element of payback is my take on it.

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f646174da39488e19ed1200d3&id=518ea5c588

Read this from the Trust... @#/? poor. Cheston or no board member actually has no idea about Venkys intentions. Cretins.

Venkys Out. Cheston Out.

They are not Rovers fans. They are just pulling their coin. None of them care. None have a voice. Just the latest patsy.

Ring the idiots and ask them

I've asked this before Glen, but could or would you be prepared to set out all the wrong doings that have gone on from the start so fans can see in order how we have got into this mess with the Venky's, cause I'm sure a lot of fans still don't know what has gone on!

I certainly feel Venky's are at the 'recoup what we can' stage. They used to be very stubborn when it came to selling our best players, now they're ready to accept the first offer that comes along.

When they appointed Lambert and made efforts to ensure we came out of the transfer embargo, there was a real feeling they would spend some money and have a go for it. That has changed.

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f646174da39488e19ed1200d3&id=518ea5c588

Read this from the Trust... @#/? poor. Cheston or no board member actually has no idea about Venkys intentions. Cretins.

Venkys Out. Cheston Out.

Makes a lie to Cheston's comments that the owners are as committed as ever.

Someone should put that to him why he said that.

Gosh, our leadership is so corrupt at all levels, that we are totally stuffed.

Makes a lie to Cheston's comments that the owners are as committed as ever.

Someone should put that to him why he said that.

Gosh, our leadership is so corrupt at all levels, that we are totally stuffed.

No I disagree! They are as committed as ever ie not at all.

I certainly feel Venky's are at the 'recoup what we can' stage. They used to be very stubborn when it came to selling our best players, now they're ready to accept the first offer that comes along.

When they appointed Lambert and made efforts to ensure we came out of the transfer embargo, there was a real feeling they would spend some money and have a go for it. That has changed.

It also tells me that as recently as November/December last year they were seriously contemplating a major push/spend with a view to getting promotion. That doesn't look to me like owners planning on leaving any time soon. They appear to have had a major change in policy around January. I expect this occurred when Balaji or whoever attempted to borrow more money from the BOI to fund the improvements Lambert wanted, only for the Bank to refuse on the basis of ending parachute money (I really wouldn't be surprised if Venkys didn't understand the concept of parachute money and expected it to continue indefinitely as a source of income. The sudden ending of payments this season could have come as a major shock to them and affected their plans).

With the BOI refusing to lend any more money and Venkys clearly unwilling/unable to dip into their own cash reserves to fund a promotion push, they then embarked on another 'confused period' of a few months, possibly embarrassed at the thought of having to confess to Lambert that the money wasn't actually there, so instead just ignore him.

With BOI funding gone for the time being and the dust settling on the revelation that parachute money is at an end and the club's income much lower than previously, they have introduced austerity measures in order to avoid themselves having to invest money.

Selling players left, right and centre is probably partly due to the bank applying pressure and partly due to them not wanting or not being able to spend any of their own money, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are planning on selling or wanting to sell, merely that they are changing policy and running the club on a shoestring to adapt to the change in circumstances.

The fact they put an accountant in charge was enough to start the alarm bells ringing. The least qualified man yet in a line of yes men but he is a numbers man in a way all the others weren't. His job is either to stave off going bust or slash everything right back to recoup and get rid or run on a shoestring regardless.

He'll know this much for sure and he'll be telling fibs were he has to to cover it over. As for the rest of it he'll have no idea what they are going to do he probably only has dialogue with their finance guys or bank.

The V's have gone to ground they did 12 months ago, no fat Barry near a game for nearly 2 years. The dumping process is in full swing but it's whether they let go entirely or just leave it hanging for a few more years until they decide what to do. I really think some of it is being done on purpose now.

By the way their apologists are a bit thin on the ground again at the min !

The fact they put an accountant in charge was enough to start the alarm bells ringing. The least qualified man yet in a line of yes men but he is a numbers man in a way all the others weren't. His job is either to stave off going bust or slash everything right back to recoup and get rid or run on a shoestring regardless.

He'll know this much for sure and he'll be telling fibs were he has to to cover it over. As for the rest of it he'll have no idea what they are going to do he probably only has dialogue with their finance guys or bank.

The V's have gone to ground they did 12 months ago, no fat Barry near a game for nearly 2 years. The dumping process is in full swing but it's whether they let go entirely or just leave it hanging for a few more years until they decide what to do. I really think some of it is being done on purpose now.

I know you have been guessing along with the rest of us, but your guesses have often been accurate Tomps.

Nothing suprises me anymore and I will never be duped by the charlatans again. They pulled my pants down when appointing Lambert as I believed they had at last seen sense. I simply cannot understand why they dumped and paid off Bowyer for Lambert, only to let him leave on a litter of broken promises, to subsequently end up with the FKW doing the buying and selling. Fully expecting Duffy to leave sharpish now bids have reached / topped 3 mill, unless the Hanley money, Rochina money, part of the Rhodes money remains available to cover the owners ongoing debts.

Going to work hard on Saturdays going forward, make some dough and treat my family. I ain't sitting there in the freezing cold, with empty seats all around, with zero atmosphere, belief or interest, to be disrespected by the owners, management and mercenary, money grabbing players not fit to lace the boots of most of the players I have watched over the last 40 years at the Rovers. That includes Ronnie Hildersley, Chris Thompson and Norman Bell. Give me a Chrissy Price, Scotty Sellars or Simon Garner anyday. I have zero affinity to any of our players, don't rate or respect any of them, whereas once I would have supported them till my voice failed.

I am already looking forward to the day they leave and we all flood back and build this club up again.

Love the Rovers - Hate Venkys.

Sadly OOJW the likes of us often get passed off as people spoiled by the Prem and Jack himself etc on the LT boards and twitter. I'd swap the Don Mackay era for a lot of the Prem era anyday I tell ya :)

Sadly OOJW the likes of us often get passed off as people spoiled by the Prem and Jack himself etc on the LT boards and twitter. I'd swap the Don Mackay era for a lot of the Prem era anyday I tell ya :)

I was there long before Don Mackay or Uncle Jack as owner. Made it all the sweeter when he came along.

I watched us with 4,500 fans on at home for midweek games, when only 200 or so in a couple of coaches travelled to far flung grounds, when we couldn't pay the bloody milkman! Like the rest of us it mattered not and I would defend my club, our club, to the hilt against even the richest and most successful teams around. Now we have billionaire owners, are more hard up than ever before, are watching the club totally disintegrate internally and externally and have one of the poorest match-day squads I have ever come across. With crap players earning absolute fortunes. 10k per week even for total donkeys seems to be the starting point in this era.

It also tells me that as recently as November/December last year they were seriously contemplating a major push/spend with a view to getting promotion. That doesn't look to me like owners planning on leaving any time soon. They appear to have had a major change in policy around January. I expect this occurred when Balaji or whoever attempted to borrow more money from the BOI to fund the improvements Lambert wanted, only for the Bank to refuse on the basis of ending parachute money (I really wouldn't be surprised if Venkys didn't understand the concept of parachute money and expected it to continue indefinitely as a source of income. The sudden ending of payments this season could have come as a major shock to them and affected their plans).

With the BOI refusing to lend any more money and Venkys clearly unwilling/unable to dip into their own cash reserves to fund a promotion push, they then embarked on another 'confused period' of a few months, possibly embarrassed at the thought of having to confess to Lambert that the money wasn't actually there, so instead just ignore him.

With BOI funding gone for the time being and the dust settling on the revelation that parachute money is at an end and the club's income much lower than previously, they have introduced austerity measures in order to avoid themselves having to invest money.

Selling players left, right and centre is probably partly due to the bank applying pressure and partly due to them not wanting or not being able to spend any of their own money, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are planning on selling or wanting to sell, merely that they are changing policy and running the club on a shoestring to adapt to the change in circumstances.

That is very plausible, but what happens when the BOI want their money back and we have no playing assets to sell? There's nowhere for them to turn. That day is approaching very soon.

Not to mention the statement they put out on the Club website to deny the Seneca approach in May .''We are fully committed to the further advancement of the Club''

These two hats couldn't lie straight in bed.

Reserve bank of india wants all banks to clear up their bad loans by march 2017. Probably why venkys are not getting any more funds from SBOI.

Interesting stuff which leaves us very snookered unless they dip into their own cash. Also a little dispute about what the borrowings are secured against possibly.

Archived