BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are the Rao's really this stupid?

Well it's not going back into the club! Posted in the Riverside Cam thread about how filthy Ewood is looking. Dirt and grime streaking down the stands, rust on the railings. Shows how little they care.

Funnily enough I thought that as I walked around it a couple of weeks ago looking for any sign of the new TV thing. The fag end buckets were still stood outside the DE turnstiles full of water like 2 months plus after the last game.

How much does a bit of weedkiller and a good power wash actually cost ? Considering that stuff and the staff are already there, maybe a weeks overtime ?

Oh well sell Evans and we can clean the stadium, after everyone else has had their bit of course.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit ... One is now Ex employee (laid off today )

Parson who do you blame ? Venkys , cheston or the boycotters ?

How much money will that save? It will probably pay for a loanee for a week and a half.

Beyond this pointless new tv gantry (presumably in some naïve attempt to impress their associates) and the PR stunts of renaming the Darwen end and Blackburn end after Bryan Douglas and Ronnie Clayton, which were good gestures amid a terrible time for the club, I'm not aware of any investment into Ewood Park or the surroundings from the owners.

Yes they've met the basic obligations - a lick of paint now and again, relaying the pitch every summer - basic costs that any owner at any football club would have to find and budget the money for - but actually investing additional money into the club infrastructure? Don't think so.

I've heard that we've spent less on the pitch at Ewood in recent years than Accrington Stanley have at the Crown Ground.

I've also noticed the place is filthy. Grime on the outside of the stands, altogether a neglected stadium for a neglected club.

Wolves has just been bought by a Chinese Group for £45m, our lot apparently want double that amount :blink:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/07/21/wolves-takeover-how-rich-are-fosun/

I firmly believe Seneca won't be the only interested party when the Roas finally crawl back under the nearest rock.

The Championship is the new Premiership for foreign owners. If a club comes available there will be interested parties all over the world who would consider investing if the price was right. Especially at a club such as this with top class facilities and proven Premier League pedigree.

Forest have done it, Leicester, Cardiff, QPR, Wolves, Southampton, Watford, Sheffield Wednesday - plenty of clubs of similar standing in the game, many with poorer infrastructure, have attracted foreign investors in recent years. I'm sure if the price was right there would be interest in Rovers.

The potential rewards of one good season at this level - promotion - and the rewards are huge. No wonder so many are getting involved and taking over.

The trouble we've got is waiting for the penny to drop with Venkys that they've failed and that it would be best all round if they wrote it off as a bad job and passed it on to someone else to have a go. Sadly they appear more deluded and stubborn than anyone else in football history.

That would be the cheap skate seeding of the pitch as opposed to relaying it with turf as it has been done in the past. Of course it's easier in the Prem when the money is there to do it but this reseeding caper has ended up having to be done regularly so it'll have cost a good amount in the end.

Looks good now though and so far this summer has been kinder than last so hopefully it'll finally settle down ready for OC's total football :blink:

Wolves has just been bought by a Chinese Group for £45m, our lot apparently want double that amount :blink:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/07/21/wolves-takeover-how-rich-are-fosun/

I firmly believe Seneca won't be the only interested party when the Roas finally crawl back under the nearest rock.

There'll be interest Gav but the price will have to be right, and that means Venkys taking their debt with them. They are in cloud cuckoo land if they think they are re couping that.

Just keeping his name in their thoughts, still think he'll end up here one day. Probably when they've finally broken the club to bits and no one else will touch it. Won't be many left to protest against it by then, maybe that's the idea !

Just keeping his name in their thoughts, still think he'll end up here one day. Probably when they've finally broken the club to bits and no one else will touch it. Won't be many left to protest against it by then, maybe that's the idea !

Wonder why the V's never got him running the prestigious Academy that was going to be built in India, oh yeah forgot never happened. Wonder if it was going to be built on land that is currently in hock

2 and a half years ago I started this thread and all they've proved is they've got a lack of understanding, no courage and no will to correct their wrongs. After all they've presided over, for me, turning off the taps, the lack of any ambition whatsoever for our club and the apparant unwillingness to communicate shows them up for what they are: Definitely stupid because had they been astute, who knows where we could have and should have been? Absolute c***s, make no mistake.

WE ARE The Rovers but dwindling in numbers! Cheers Venkys!

Judan Ali continues in consistently demonstrating superior work ethic and a positive attitude which infiltrates to all he comes into contact with.

http://www.judanali.com/

:blink:

I fell for it and pressed the link :wacko:

Judan needs a personal trainer himself - hes a bit porky.

Website sponsor: BLING Entertainment Solutions......................ermmmm

The lads head is so far up his own arse he will not have seen daylight for years.

2 and a half years ago I started this thread and all they've proved is they've got a lack of understanding, no courage and no will to correct their wrongs. After all they've presided over, for me, turning off the taps, the lack of any ambition whatsoever for our club and the apparant unwillingness to communicate shows them up for what they are: Definitely stupid because had they been astute, who knows where we could have and should have been? Absolute c***s, make no mistake.

WE ARE The Rovers but dwindling in numbers! Cheers Venkys!

They've listened to all the wrong people (who by definition are only interested in their own success) and ignored all of the right people (who demonstrated their interest in and commitment to Rovers success).

It's been said by some that they were naive. Not for me.

Stupid is as stupid does.

They are behaving like arrogant, know-all, rich kids who inherited daddy's business and do not know what it takes to build a business, let alone run a football club.

The only other explanation is that they are deliberately ruining Rovers for their own gain but people seem to think that's a conspiracy theory.

The only other explanation is that they are deliberately ruining Rovers for their own gain but people seem to think that's a conspiracy theory.

Not Pro Venkys but, not being an accountant/business man myself, what gain are they actually getting ? If the clubs in so much debt then surely players sales are hardly make a dint in it ?

Not Pro Venkys but, not being an accountant/business man myself, what gain are they actually getting ? If the clubs in so much debt then surely players sales are hardly make a dint in it ?

Who knows? At a guess overall company tax breaks.

But that just leaves stupid. Which was kind of my point.

• Backroom

Their stubbornness is the most dangerous thing. It seems like they are just letting the club tick over at the bare minimum, waiting in vain for somebody to come along and pay the ridiculous asking price. In the meantime they'll sell off as much of our valuable assets as possible to slightly reduce losses.

You're right BlooBoy but if you were an astute businessman and presided over the club as was 6 years ago and had the foresight to see the way the PL was going financially and that we should have been a part of it, then you wouldn't have made the decisions the Raos have. The 'debt' has only been as a consequence of their lunacy and rank bad management. You're right btw, player sales of what we're left with (dross) won't make a dint in what they've created.

For emphasis THE RAOS and VENKYS have put us needlessly where we are, have also decided for whatever reason not to engage in any sensible dialogue regarding the club's future wellbeing. Make no mistake, there ought to be no sympathy or gratitude towards them, they are c***s, end of.

Wonder why the V's never got him running the prestigious Academy that was going to be built in India, oh yeah forgot never happened. Wonder if it was going to be built on land that is currently in hock

Have you heard of that new Indian game show - Who's line Land Is It Anyway :blink:

Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to wriggle out of any borrowings on that with a Henning Berg contract style charade. Some poor saps might be about to find themselves out of pocket about 50 mill ...

Show me a con artist who advertises how he's doing it and i'll show you a hens tooth. Look at the scams the WGA bloke has pulled off yet he's still not been brought to book !

Archived