SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

He most certainly is a goalscorer but he unproven at Premier League Level (although I am sure that he would score goals at that level) therefore we will get £12 million at absolute tops if we don't go up this season.

Yep and we may not even get that

Fortunately Rhodes doesn't seem the type to kick up a massive fuss but he will want to go to the premiership and the teams bidding will know that will play into his price, £20m is dreamland

Fletcher at 25 went for £12m, rising to £14m.

With more money sloshing around from summer and the much better strike rate - I think it will take £15m or more to even get Rovers to consider it.

Especially when he bags 35 by the end of the season, and the winner in the playoff final ;-)

I don't think Rovers would accept less than £15m for Rhodes. Zaha has just gone for £15m, Jay Rodriguez went to Saints for £12m and Rhodes is far better than him. It's important to remember that Rhodes is also on £40k per week at Rovers so a prem club would have to match those wages and pay £15m for a player unproven at prem level.

There will undoubtably be interest for him in the summer but I'm not convinced any prem club will pay the required money. None of the top 6 will want him and there is better value abroad if you are going to pay £15m for a player.

The only way he will top £12m is if he scores a lot of goals for Scotland in the remainder of the season and a very rare bidding war starts.

Sadly he is a goner this summer almost irrespective of what Rovers do.

How much is his release clause?

The only way he will top £12m is if he scores a lot of goals for Scotland in the remainder of the season and a very rare bidding war starts.

More opinion posted as fact.

Quite encouraging really given your track record of being wrong.

Rhodes is a goalscorer. anybody who wants will have to play 20 million pounds plus.

Hmm lets see.... I'm a Prem chairman looking for a striker so leaving wages out of it 20m for Jordan Rhodes v 24m for RVP v 2m for Michu. It's a tough one...... :rolleyes:

Nowt new there then for rovers supporters is there? I can understand it being a steep learning curve for the lunes from Pune but don't tell me that you haven't got used to it over the years? If you haven't Philip you need to seriously man up. Now that we have been ripped off the Premier League nipple transferring players out is what pays the bills after all, and not the measly revenue from what is essentially a 'pound shop' support base.

With more money sloshing around from summer and the much better strike rate - I think it will take £15m or more to even get Rovers to consider it.

Especially when he bags 35 by the end of the season, and the winner in the playoff final ;-)

Fletcher had proven himself in the Premier League, can play up top with his back to goal on his own and has a much stronger all round game than Rhodes.

Hughesy, silly comparison! Fletcher had been scoring goals for two seasons in the prem!

I think whether Rhodes moves to the prem league would largely depend if any club outside the big 4-5 would be prepared too match his wages and i can imagine venkys would offer him much bigger contract to try and keep him for at least another year(like they did with Jones,Samba), id imagine a prem club might have to offer him higher than 50k a week i reckon(+12-15million initial transfer fee potentially rising to around 20mill after clauses) to get him and not many prem clubs are too willing to offer those kinda of wages these days, especially on somebody unproven at a high level(ie. outside of a top European League).

I don't think Rovers would accept less than £15m for Rhodes. Zaha has just gone for £15m, Jay Rodriguez went to Saints for £12m and Rhodes is far better than him. It's important to remember that Rhodes is also on £40k per week at Rovers so a prem club would have to match those wages and pay £15m for a player unproven at prem level.

There will undoubtably be interest for him in the summer but I'm not convinced any prem club will pay the required money. None of the top 6 will want him and there is better value abroad if you are going to pay £15m for a player.

£12m for Rodriguez???? Not a chance. He went for £7m.

I think whether Rhodes moves to the prem league would largely depend if any club outside the big 4-5 would be prepared too match his wages and i can imagine venkys would offer him much bigger contract to try and keep him for at least another year(like they did with Jones,Samba), id imagine a prem club might have to offer him higher than 50k a week i reckon(+12-15million initial transfer fee potentially rising to around 20mill after clauses) to get him and not many prem clubs are too willing to offer those kinda of wages these days(especially on somebody unproven at a high level).

I think it's almost guaranteed Rovers will offer him a new deal for next season. Personally, I think he'll sign it and stay for one more season and if we fail to win promotion then he'll be off. He's a very grounded person who won't kick up a fuss.

I think whether Rhodes moves to the prem league would largely depend if any club outside the big 4-5 would be prepared too match his wages and i can imagine venkys would offer him much bigger contract to try and keep him for at least another year(like they did with Jones,Samba), id imagine a prem club might have to offer him higher than 50k a week i reckon(+12-15million initial transfer fee potentially rising to around 20mill after clauses) to get him and not many prem clubs are too willing to offer those kinda of wages these days(especially on somebody unproven at a high level).

In the unlikely event that he stays we won't be able to get close to matching what we are paying him now once the parachute payments fizzle out. Thats why he, his agent and all at BRFC already know that unless we are promoted he has to go for everybodies sake. Just needs the supporters to cotton on now.

In the unlikely event that he stays we won't be able to get close to matching what we are paying him now once the parachute payments fizzle out. Thats why he, his agent and all at BRFC already know that unless we are promoted he has to go for everybodies sake. Just needs the supporters to cotton on now.

I think offering Rhodes seemingly extortionate wages wouldn't be that big of a gamble as the money will(at very least!) be recouped when he's sold, even if he goes for only 10-12mill that would id imagine recoup our transfer fee paid for him and wages payed to him whilst he's been here. Its paying ridiculous wages too crud like Etuhu, Robinson, Murphy and the likes that will be our downfall as they have very little(if any) re-sale value and no other club would match their wages, So sadly if Rhodes did have too be sold it would be because of greedy useless tossers like those mentioned.

Thats ok then as we have the payments for another year then.

Opinion dressed as fact.

Shock horror. It appears that I am the only football supporter ever to have presented his opinion as facts.

In this case there are several well documented transfer fee registrations of players moving from lower divisions to the Premier League to back up my assertion.

By the way on another thread you will see my stress on my comments being my opinion being criticised for equivocation.

I think it's almost guaranteed Rovers will offer him a new deal for next season. Personally, I think he'll sign it and stay for one more season and if we fail to win promotion then he'll be off. He's a very grounded person who won't kick up a fuss.

That's what Huddersfield fans thought.

[quote name="T.J.Newton" post="1374821" timestamp="1359980447

you do it every almost every time though when it comes to financial issues(and 99% of the time your 'opinion' turns out to be false or at least baseless), hard to take you serious anymore on such issues.

You are joking.

Archived