BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

Opinion dressed as fact.

Shock horror. It appears that I am the only football supporter ever to have presented his opinion as facts.

In this case there are several well documented transfer fee registrations of players moving from lower divisions to the Premier League to back up my assertion.

By the way on another thread you will see my stress on my comments being my opinion being criticised for equivocation.

That's an unfair summary of our conversation Philip, if indeed that is what you are referring to.

You don't even manage a real opinion in that case, its so hedged as to be utterly meaningless.

I gave you heaps over Anderson and I apologised publicly and said you had it right all along.

However you don't help yourself with all this heavily conditional stuff which gives the impression you know something but can't or

won't share it with the rest of us.

Usually I ignore it but today I didn't.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes is a goalscorer. anybody who wants will have to play 20 million pounds plus.

Whatever the fee is for him he will be hawked around to potential suitors in the summer we can be sure of that. Would he want to leave ? maybe not he seems to like it here but it'll be out of his hands when the order comes from the broom cupboard.

Sorry 47er.

There is a mix up here.

On this thread I am answering chris h and tj newton.

On the other thread I failed to spot your irony and bit back unnecessarily for which I apolgise.

Yes you have sent me a lot of material which proved invaluable combined with other stuff which cam my way and we both know that not all of it has yet to see the light of day.

I don't think Rovers would accept less than £15m for Rhodes. Zaha has just gone for £15m, Jay Rodriguez went to Saints for £12m and Rhodes is far better than him. It's important to remember that Rhodes is also on £40k per week at Rovers so a prem club would have to match those wages and pay £15m for a player unproven at prem level.

There will undoubtably be interest for him in the summer but I'm not convinced any prem club will pay the required money. None of the top 6 will want him and there is better value abroad if you are going to pay £15m for a player.

To be honest he seems the type who would take a cut to move up a level, which is credit to him. Admittedly he didn't with us, but then the gap between two Championship clubs is not as great as a Prem club and a Championship club.

Hmm lets see.... I'm a Prem chairman looking for a striker so leaving wages out of it 20m for Jordan Rhodes v 24m for RVP v 2m for Michu. It's a tough one...... :rolleyes:

Don't underestimate how stupid some clubs are.

Sorry 47er.

There is a mix up here.

On this thread I am answering chris h and tj newton.

On the other thread I failed to spot your irony and bit back unnecessarily for which I apolgise.

Yes you have sent me a lot of material which proved invaluable combined with other stuff which cam my way and we both know that not all of it has yet to see the light of day.

Ohhh, exciting teaser from Philipl. Lots of those these days.

Nobody has bid for Rhodes because he wouldn't even be able to play for them. Jordan Rhodes will become one of the best strikers in the Premier League one day, IMO. Which means he will leave, eventually, and we will make a profit on him.

Nobody has bid for Rhodes because he wouldn't even be able to play for them. Jordan Rhodes will become one of the best strikers in the Premier League one day, IMO. Which means he will leave, eventually, and we will make a profit on him.

I agree he will be and if we don't go up we might face bids but it's the people saying he will be sold because of this and because of that who know no more than anyone else and are proven wrong more often than not really annoy me.

Players won't be talking about the club on Twitter any longer. Appleton has told players that they will be fined £1000 per word on tweet which mentions the club.

So who is going to monitor forty plus players tweets?

Is there a job going at the club?

Fletcher at 25 went for £12m, rising to £14m.

With more money sloshing around from summer and the much better strike rate - I think it will take £15m or more to even get Rovers to consider it.

Especially when he bags 35 by the end of the season, and the winner in the playoff final ;-)

Fletcher at 25 went for £12m, rising to £14m.

With more money sloshing around from summer and the much better strike rate - I think it will take £15m or more to even get Rovers to consider it.

Especially when he bags 35 by the end of the season, and the winner in the playoff final ;-)

Fletcher had scored goals in the Prem and was a proven Prem player. Not sure who would pay the kind of money you mention for a player without any prem experience.

• Backroom

So who is going to monitor forty plus players tweets?

Is there a job going at the club?

If you have 'friended' (or whatever you do on twitter) all the accounts, it'd take a quick search by any member of admin to see what's being said by players, surely? Not to mention you have various people on here who will bark at the first sign of a tweet to do with the type of bog roll in the dressing rooms.

Guest Norbert

Is the bog roll that stuff that's like tracing paper Darren? We must know immediately and if Shebby has anything to do with the purchasing of the above item ;)

The only way he will top £12m is if he scores a lot of goals for Scotland in the remainder of the season and a very rare bidding war starts.

Sadly he is a goner this summer almost irrespective of what Rovers do.

How do you know that Rhodes will gone in the summer??? Please explain this to us??? what do you know that we dont??? have you see Rhodes contract??? do you know or met Rhodes or his agent???

or is this just move rubbish you are saying without any evidence or facts to back your comment up with???

AND THAT WOULD ALL GO INT THE BACK SACK OF BLING VENKY AND NOT ROVERS.

stop with all the shouting and capital letters!!!

How do you know that Rhodes will gone in the summer??? Please explain this to us??? what do you know that we dont??? have you see Rhodes contract??? do you know or met Rhodes or his agent???

or is this just move rubbish you are saying without any evidence or facts to back your comment up with???

stop with all the shouting and capital letters!!!

Philip sometimes you just cant help yourself, the good Olson is still here cos no one would pay what we wanted, the same would go for Jordan i imagine, and anyway we still may make the play offs and go up,

The only way he will top £12m is if he scores a lot of goals for Scotland in the remainder of the season and a very rare bidding war starts.

Sadly he is a goner this summer almost irrespective of what Rovers do.

Philip have you been on a bender this weekend?

I normally have a lot of time for your posts but this post along with this post from earlier "The BRAG team are the most dedicated and passionate of Rovers fans" are just bizarre.

Archived