BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this isn't Shebby interefering again. Probably is, and I hope Appleton puts him in his place.

Nothing wrong at all with Shebby bringing players to the club for a trial. If he's got knowledge of a market that we don't have then it could prove valuable, a bit like Wigan when they had someone with knowledge of the Honduran market.

• Moderation Lead

That doesn't mean I wouldn't take the 50% and get him off the wage bill. The money could be used elsewhere.

Have Barca definitely got this sell on clause with Rochina??

It is becomming clear that, like the 'hilarious :glare: 'swear filter changed everything to Kean under that manager, we now need a slight auto word correction for the current manager

I propose that the cringeworthy use of 'Appy' is automatically corrected to 'Appleton' for all our sakes.

Just an observation in what has been a quiet week :-)

You've got to love these YouTube footballer clips. I reckon you could give yourself a foreign sounding name, get a few mates together, sneak into an empty football ground with your video camera, and within a few weeks you could be on 50 grand a week....

Maybe so, but you'd need to have at least 1 former Rover with you to help celebrate - Check the video at 2:04. (I tried to post the screen capture but couldn't figure out how to do it without first uploading the image to the web, so couldn't be ar$ed!) A certain Mr Brett Emerton. Maybe he's on recommendation?

I propose that the cringeworthy use of 'Appy' is automatically corrected to 'Appleton' for all our sakes.

It should be the other way around. Appy should go uncorrected but every time somebody writes 'Appleton' it should be automatically changed to a random affectionate nickname, such as:

Appso

Appburger

Applesauce

The Appmeister

It's what he would want.

Guest Norbert

Appy is a rubbish name. Like most lazy British nicknames, it is a case of just adding an o or y to the surname, or the first sylable of it. I prefer stuff like 'The raging potato' aka Keith Wood, or that American football player they call the Purple Jesus. Some thought and wit has gone into that.

Guest Norbert

I think he (or Martin Keown for that matter) should be called Lucy because they basically look like cavemen. Voldermort doesn't work for me, as we can't have two at the club.............

"Forget the jokes about Rovers fax machine not working, the attempts to sign Jerome Thomas and DJ Campbell would have gone through in plenty of time had it not been apparently for the agents."

:angry:

"Forget the jokes about Rovers fax machine not working, the attempts to sign Jerome Thomas and DJ Campbell would have gone through in plenty of time had it not been apparently for the agents."

Does anybody actually still use faxes these days? Ours started up in the office a couple of weeks ago & everyone shat themselves! It didn't come out too well due to the amount of dust which had gathered inside!

I can just imagine some secretary at Lancaster Gate desparately routing round in a cupboard for another roll of thermal paper! :huh:

(yes I know fax machines progressed to normal A4 before anyone has a dig!)

Wonder if that has come from a club official? either trying to cover up their own incompetence or sulking that their preferred Agent (who they have never met , don't even know who he is, never heard the name before ever) wasn't the one doing the deals for once. or could just be agents looking at the untold riches that Rovers have bestowed to certain others and thought i want some of that.

This would be a good idea if it wasn't being pushed by an organisation who are not averse to little brown envelopes themselves http://www.ghanamma.com/2013/01/fifa-moves-to-cut-agents-costs/

Does anybody actually still use faxes these days? Ours started up in the office a couple of weeks ago & everyone shat themselves! It didn't come out too well due to the amount of dust which had gathered inside!

I can just imagine some secretary at Lancaster Gate desparately routing round in a cupboard for another roll of thermal paper! :huh:

(yes I know fax machines progressed to normal A4 before anyone has a dig!)

:lol: made me chuckle that.

Archived