BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

You cant do that though, you can do stuff relating to club matters but not personal things, that woul be a breach of civil liberties!!

They need to understand though that posting on Twitter is the same as writing it in a newspaper. Possibly even wider reaching.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had seen and heard enough at Fulham to know yhose were two dire signings and said so.

Except Murphy hasn't been a dire signing. Stop being so melodramatic. Murphy may not have been exactly what people were expecting, but he's developed into a useful player for us. Etuhu certainly isn't going to be the brains of the operation, but he too has the potential to be useful and has yet to have the benefit of playing in a team managed by Appleton (not saying he's the saviour, but hopefully we'll continue to be better set up). At the moment, though, he's behind Lowe for me in the line up. Another very useful player at this level for his closing down and work rate, and he's even becoming a tad more composed at times. All three of those midfielders can be useful on their day.

This of course does not mean we shouldn't be looking to improve in that area. Just that for both those two, attributing dire is unfair and I'm tempted to say biased given your previous.

Except Murphy hasn't been a dire signing. Stop being so melodramatic. Murphy may not have been exactly what people were expecting, but he's developed into a useful player for us. Etuhu certainly isn't going to be the brains of the operation, but he too has the potential to be useful and has yet to have the benefit of playing in a team managed by Appleton (not saying he's the saviour, but hopefully we'll continue to be better set up). At the moment, though, he's behind Lowe for me in the line up. Another very useful player at this level for his closing down and work rate, and he's even becoming a tad more composed at times. All three of those midfielders can be useful on their day.

This of course does not mean we shouldn't be looking to improve in that area. Just that for both those two, attributing dire is unfair and I'm tempted to say biased given your previous.

Murphy would be a good signing with real 'legs' alongside him to provide the energy and pace, Etuhu unfotunately doesnt do that and the two together makes us a very immobile midfield, if we can get Lowe to simply press the ball and give it to Murphy, with two wide men and two up top giving movement and options, in my opinion, Murphy will be OK, we shall have to see!! Savage won the ball and pressed the opposition and gave it to Tugay, I know Tugay was a better player than Murphy but the principle is the same!!

Murphy would be a good signing with real 'legs' alongside him to provide the energy and pace, Etuhu unfotunately doesnt do that and the two together makes us a very immobile midfield, if we can get Lowe to simply press the ball and give it to Murphy, with two wide men and two up top giving movement and options, in my opinion, Murphy will be OK, we shall have to see!! Savage won the ball and pressed the opposition and gave it to Tugay, I know Tugay was a better player than Murphy but the principle is the same!!

Good post Kelbo. If only we still had those two in CMF now.......Savage to win the ball and Tugs to distribute it. We'd have a birthday every match.

Etuhu looks as though he could be a useful squad player if Lowe is injured, suspended or underperforming. He looks as though he could be adept at breaking up the play. As I said he isn't the most intelligent player but we need players like him in the squad if we can get him performing more consistent and focussing on what he can do. It's typically these players who get overlooked at Rovers and the fans seem to want to force them out. I think it's more realistic to look at where we are and what we have and utilise them as well as we can. Some people can wish we had signed other people and that is fair enough but the fact is this is what we have and chasing players out isn't going to help (not that I am at all suggesting you are the type to, simply using this post to further my point).

It's quite possible that Appleton could give Etuhu a bit of discipline and get him focussed on doing the right things. Breaking it up and finding the wings or Murphy. We shall have to see. I just wish people wouldn't ironically cheer when Etuhu (or anybody else) gets subbed, or boo players, as we have seen in the past. It's detrimental.

Once again, I want to make it clear I definitely think we should improve the centre of midfield, I'm simply speaking of our current situation.

Going back to Rhodes, which I probably shouldn't, everyone knew about him. You only had to watch the football league show and late kick off for the correct region and you'd know all about him so any scout or manager worth his salt would have known what he was about. He and le Fondre who is now at Southampton were the 2 you could guarantee to see a goal from most weeks when my daughter was working at BBC Leeds. Different being prepared to pay the asking price for him, but he wasn't an unknown quantity. Anyway delighted we've got him, delighted the manager seems to be setting up the team to gradually create more for him and delighted he's so composed in front of goal and is banging them in for us.

Murphy is pants . Not fit to lave atkos or battys laces .

Worst passer in years to wear a rovers shirt.

Right, OK.

Obviously no bias at all in that statement.

Try making a post without any exaggeration or bias, whichever it is that you have succumbed to.

Going back to Rhodes, which I probably shouldn't, everyone knew about him. You only had to watch the football league show and late kick off for the correct region and you'd know all about him so any scout or manager worth his salt would have known what he was about. He and le Fondre who is now at Southampton were the 2 you could guarantee to see a goal from most weeks when my daughter was working at BBC Leeds. Different being prepared to pay the asking price for him, but he wasn't an unknown quantity. Anyway delighted we've got him, delighted the manager seems to be setting up the team to gradually create more for him and delighted he's so composed in front of goal and is banging them in for us.

LE Fondres at Reading pal.....my worry is scouts scout players for quite some time and Rhodes is still probably being watched as his tally with no service under 5 different managers at a turmoil club I bet people are taking notice imagine him with service in a promotion chasing side ? what would his tally be ?...probably no prem side was willing to take an 8 mill gamble and 40K wages on someone unproven higher than league one...But now JR has more than proven hisself he's a natural eye for goal , knows where the net is , etc....I bet theres quite a few prem sides who'd gladly pay 12 Mill or so and give JR an extra 10K a week come the summer.....

Rovers have to keep hold of Rovers if we are going to go for a promotion push next season cos at this moment in time unless we can go on one hell of a run this seasons over

He has been inconsistent for us but over the years he has proved he is a really good passer of the ball. I still think he could prove to be an important player for us.

LE Fondres at Reading pal.....my worry is scouts scout players for quite some time and Rhodes is still probably being watched as his tally with no service under 5 different managers at a turmoil club I bet people are taking notice imagine him with service in a promotion chasing side ? what would his tally be ?...probably no prem side was willing to take an 8 mill gamble and 40K wages on someone unproven higher than league one...But now JR has more than proven hisself he's a natural eye for goal , knows where the net is , etc....I bet theres quite a few prem sides who'd gladly pay 12 Mill or so and give JR an extra 10K a week come the summer.....

Rovers have to keep hold of Rovers if we are going to go for a promotion push next season cos at this moment in time unless we can go on one hell of a run this seasons over

Whoops - 0f course he is. Just shows you shouldn't try to multi task when you've had too much red wine with lunch. Point stands though that he and Rhodes were stand outs in the region when they were both playing up here. And can i point out you typed Rovers instead of Rhodes - so that's one to me too!

Whoops - 0f course he is. Just shows you shouldn't try to multi task when you've had too much red wine with lunch. Point stands though that he and Rhodes were stand outs in the region when they were both playing up here. And can i point out you typed Rovers instead of Rhodes - so that's one to me too!

Billy Sharp was another one, well worth taking a gamble on, we move on, personally, I do think both Campbell and Thomas if they arrive, will be good signings, Campbell is a bloody nuisence, he runs the channels well and will create space for Rhodes, Thomas will provide the ammunition for Rhodes, I feel sure of that, the width this would give the team, in my opinion, would see Murphy as a much more creative player!!

Billy Sharp was another one, well worth taking a gamble on, we move on, personally, I do think both Campbell and Thomas if they arrive, will be good signings, Campbell is a bloody nuisence, he runs the channels well and will create space for Rhodes, Thomas will provide the ammunition for Rhodes, I feel sure of that, the width this would give the team, in my opinion, would see Murphy as a much more creative player!!

Jordan Rhodes generally creates his own space, epitomized by his goals yesterday. Campbell is for me over rated and a long term deal on big money is crazy. I think Thomas will bring much more to the team and supply better service for Rhodes.

I wonder if Murphy would look better next to a workhorse, maybe that's why Appleton is keen on Williamson.

By all accounts Williamson is more a playmaker rather than a workhorse.

He's more likely to be an alternative to Murphy than actually complimenting him.

Such as Nzonzi perhaps ??

Obviously missed out on the fabulous passing of carsley, McKinley.

I do wonder about the motives for posting such statements.

Motives?

He has been inconsistent for us but over the years he has proved he is a really good passer of the ball. I still think he could prove to be an important player for us.

Oh

Archived