BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup - 5th Round Draw

Stuart

With that draw, with the 'big boys' being kept apart and mostly with convenient home draws the next quarters could easily be:

Wigan

MK Dons

Everton

Luton

Arsenal

Man City

Man Utd

Chelsea

The sponsors and the romantics will be happy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think they heat up the balls of top teams and stick ours in the freezer. Oooo nice hot ball home cold one away.
:lol: makes you wonder.

Of course that would require the football world to be complicit (ex players doing the draw) and hush it all up, and that never happens!

Picked from twitter, but takes me back to some 80's memories of seeing Luton v Millwall on TV

That was the sort of behaviour that led to grounds being caged in and contributed to the Hillsborough disaster.

Those running on the pitch are partly responsible for the deaths of the Liverpool fans.

Not good.

We are likely to get torn to shreds.

Unfortunately, this game will show just how far we have fallen from grace.

If it's less than 7-1 it'll be an improvement though.

They've got Bayern Munich away three days later.

Not sure if Cazorla etc will be starting....I can see him, Wilshere, Vermaelen and maybe one or two more being on the bench.

Which hopefully means players like Andre Santos and Ramsey get a game.

Their keeper is sketchy and they can be got at defensively.

They are better at the Emirates but I'd rather play there than City or Utd.

We've got nothing to lose and I'm sure Appleton will try and stifle them as much as possible and hit them on the break.

Recall going to Highbury in the cup the last time we spent time in the championship, 2-0 down in no time, had an altercation with some muppets from Great Harwood on the train coming back, and a good day was had by all despite the result.

Won’t be going this time, the Great Harwood lads couldn’t handle us then, they certainly couldn’t handle us now!

Predicted this draw at 6.41 yesterday. How prophetic!

Ridiculously one of lads go rovers with said yesterday on the concourse before ko he waned derby to win. So when we asked why the @#/? did he want that he said, "because all that was going to happen is we'll comfortably beat derby, then briefly get hopes up by drawing a @#/? team that we can beat, but then get arsenal away and be efficiently dispatched 4-0 by their reserves. In the process potentially spending £150 on tickets/travel alone."

Think he should have a tenner on 4-0 now...

With a bit of luck the tickets won't be ridiculously priced. They charged £35 for the Swansea FA cup tie at the Emirates earlier in the season, so hopefully it'll be about the same.

I'll pay the £35 and throw another £20 on an array of Arsenal high scoring wins. The last time we played Arsenal I had a fiver on Arsenal to win 6-1.. so close.

Any idea if/when we know the time the game will be on? Perfect timing, but i was due to leave London that morning to get a train up north to stay with my mate and his family in Padiham for the last leg of my trip before i get home. Was only expecting to see Leeds at Ewood the week after which is great but this is a bonus. I just need to know what time to re-schedule my train up north after the game.

Cheers for any help.

Cheers mate i'm hoping it'll be on the 16th and hopefully it'll be at an earlyish time i can still get the train up that time. Also what's the story with ticketing? I'm from Australia so not a seasons ticket holder but if it all works out well and

can work it out to be there i'd much rather sit with the Rovers fans that in the middle of Arse supporters.

Archived