BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup - 5th Round Draw

Stuart

Were we unbeaten against Arsenal last year ? Think we have a chance this time.

Yea I believe so.....apart from getting anally raped 7-1.

Cheers mate i'm hoping it'll be on the 16th and hopefully it'll be at an earlyish time i can still get the train up that time. Also what's the story with ticketing? I'm from Australia so not a seasons ticket holder but if it all works out well and can work it out to be there i'd much rather sit with the Rovers fans that in the middle of Arse supporters.

Not sure we'll sell out our allocation due to the high prices......probably not the best person to ask but isn't it done on whether you've bought previous tickets as opposed to being a season ticket holder? Or is that just European games?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
M.A asking for premier league team at home ....at least he got 50% of his wish .....
He wanted a 25k Ewood. I'm not sure even an Arsenal game would have brought in that this season.

The more I think about that suggestion, the more it sounds small-time. "Roll up there's a PL team in town" is more of a League One mentality. We used to have a couple of PL teams in town every other week!

But I'm just being negative. Boo me.

Picked from twitter, but takes me back to some 80's memories of seeing Luton v Millwall on TV

Thankfully days/scenes like that are well in the past, where they belong.

Let's face it, barring a miracle, we're going to get tonked at Arsenal.

He wanted a 25k Ewood. I'm not sure even an Arsenal game would have brought in that this season.

The more I think about that suggestion, the more it sounds small-time. "Roll up there's a PL team in town" is more of a League One mentality. We used to have a couple of PL teams in town every other week!

But I'm just being negative. Boo me.

Boooooo ;)

Anyone seriously think we will concede less than 3?

didn't we have them in the same round when we knocked them out on the replay at ewood

We had a team then though :(

It's a tough draw, but if we are going to win the cup (which has to be the aim) then we will have to beat the big boys at some point. Playing them earlier when they are likely to rest players and have an eye on other games is the better way to do it. With a bit of luck we can get through and get a nice draw in the next round as there are sure to be some non-premier league sides left.

Not ideal, but you have to hope.

Guest Norbert

Bugger. You know that they will have one of their magical games against us, beat us 23-0, and then over complicate everything and play shoddily the next game.

Boooooo ;)

Anyone seriously think we will concede less than 3?

Not me. We will get a right tonking. If there is a saving grace it's that van Persie doesn't play for them anymore. He was guaranteed a goal against us.

When we did beat them a few years ago we were an established Premier league side, well managed, with some very good players to call upon. Now we are a middling Champoinship club, managed by a novice with 2 weeks under his belt at Ewood, with an ability to play lots of "number 10's" and Portuguese wonderkids.

Should be the 16th Feb, but will have to see if ITV/ESPN move it. I expect they'll sort it out in the next couple of days.

Can't be later than 16th, as arsenal are playing Bayern Munich on the following Tuesday. Could conceivably be moved to lunchtime or tea time though.

Current schedule from the FA...

Tuesday 12 February 2013 19:30 ESPN

Leicester v Huddersfield (Replay)

Saturday 16 February 2013 15:00

Huddersfield / Leicester v Wigan Ath

MK Dons v Barnsley

Oldham v Everton

Luton Town v Millwall

Arsenal v Blackburn

Man City v Leeds

Man Utd v Reading

Sunday 17 February 2013 KO TBC

Chelsea v Brentford (Replay)

Wednesday 27 February 2013 19:45

Middlesboro v Brentford / Chelsea

Here's hoping it's televised.

Arsenal have put our game on their website as a category B game. Which means tickets for us will be £35.50 (stoke are a cat B and thats the price for them). Shame we're not a cat C game, think the tickets are only £25ish when in that category.

Is there a chance it could still be moved? I'm thinking of getting trains booked.

Likewise. On the Arsenal website it has 3.00 pm on Saturday 16th but I want to see Rovers confirm this before I make my travel arrangemets.

Arsenal have put our game on their website as a category B game. Which means tickets for us will be £35.50 (stoke are a cat B and thats the price for them). Shame we're not a cat C game, think the tickets are only £25ish when in that category.

If someone was to look up the definition of "back-handed complement", they would see this post.

Archived