BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Football Club v Bristol City Football Club – Saturday 2nd February 2013 – Kick Off – 3pm

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isnt Dunn injured?

Nunes AND Gomes have only recently recovered from injuries too. 1 game a week at the moment so players should be fine with 1 game a week.

CKR is a confidence player - so you could quite easily flip that the other way and say "if it got him a goal" then it would be worth the extra 20 minutes on the pitch.

Isnt Dunn injured?

Nunes AND Gomes have only recently recovered from injuries too. 1 game a week at the moment so players should be fine with 1 game a week.

CKR is a confidence player - so you could quite easily flip that the other way and say "if it got him a goal" then it would be worth the extra 20 minutes on the pitch.

They've been on the bench for about a month, they need game time.

But hes apparently into his sport science, and it will show that certain players are tiring, we are short in certain areas so he needs to save them.

Also, he has only been here for 4 games, we had the likes of Nunes and Gomes on the bench, surely he wants to see if they can contribute to the squad?

I've been relatively impressed by him but this reluctance is a bit of a puzzling one.

But then again, the guy wants results and changing things could have upset the balance and rhythm of the team, can really see both sides of the coin here but a new manager, trying to win over fans, needs results!

Agreed Al. I was surprised to see the poor reviews on here. One thing's for sure, you know if you're playing against him, which can't be said of tto many players in our squad. He's capable of winning a game for us.

We didn't miss Rochina yesterday, did we.

If Den agrees with me then I know I'm on the right lines. I have bags of respect for his views. The rest can think what they please.

just seen the goals now. rhodes - strong and clinical.

seems to do the whole run into the ground,use your arse to shield the ball thing that shearer used to do also.

long may his form continue - he's gonna be intergral if we make it to the play offs.

Roberts tried to utilise that technique too.

just seen the goals now. rhodes - strong and clinical.

seems to do the whole run into the ground,use your arse to shield the ball thing that shearer used to do also.

long may his form continue - he's gonna be intergral if we make it to the play offs.

Of course, taught by his mentor King Kenny, body between man and ball and use your arse!!

You'll get an invitation if you bring your avatar with you.

Totally agree Al regarding CKR. As an ex-defender I can assure you I would not have enjoyed playing against him. The guy has huge upper body strength and other players just bounce off him. If he can sort out his decision making and remove the wasted and futile long range shooting, plus look to release the ball a little earlier at times, then we will have a very good partnership developing up front between him and Rhodes. Rhodes also needs to be more aware of CKR, as a couple of times at weekend he could have played him in but on one occasion went back outwide and the other time shot hopefully from a good 25 yards straight at a defender.

Hard to like the guy sometimes with his mannerisms and antics, but I don't need to invite him for tea! I would imagine he is one of the first names down on the team sheet at the moment.

Totally agree Al regarding CKR. As an ex-defender I can assure you I would not have enjoyed playing against him. The guy has huge upper body strength and other players just bounce off him. If he can sort out his decision making and remove the wasted and futile long range shooting, plus look to release the ball a little earlier at times, then we will have a very good partnership developing up front between him and Rhodes. Rhodes also needs to be more aware of CKR, as a couple of times at weekend he could have played him in but on one occasion went back outwide and the other time shot hopefully from a good 25 yards straight at a defender.

Hard to like the guy sometimes with his mannerisms and antics, but I don't need to invite him for tea! I would imagine he is one of the first names down on the team sheet at the moment.

Ah yes, desperation for the hat trick that one.

Managers and coaches value players like Roberts, Kazim-Richards, Kevin Davies, Heskey etc a lot more than fans do. Those types of players contribute a good deal to the ugly tasks in the game, which as much as fans want them to not exist full stop, are things that need doing. Bullying defenders saps them of their energy, stops the ball coming straight back at you (even if its not always held up that well) and wins free kicks in decent positions. Its a selfless role that usually helps gain a territorial advantage and creates more space for the other strike partner, and I think we've seen both of those things happening under Bowyer and Appleton. Which isn't a coincidence, a lot of it is down to CKR. The scapegoaters seem unsure of which target to pick at present, Pedersen, Murphy and CKR all on the radar. Be nice to not pick any as they are all massive players for us when confident and enjoying their football.

Managers and coaches value players like Roberts, Kazim-Richards, Kevin Davies, Heskey etc a lot more than fans do. Those types of players contribute a good deal to the ugly tasks in the game, which as much as fans want them to not exist full stop, are things that need doing. Bullying defenders saps them of their energy, stops the ball coming straight back at you (even if its not always held up that well) and wins free kicks in decent positions. Its a selfless role that usually helps gain a territorial advantage and creates more space for the other strike partner, and I think we've seen both of those things happening under Bowyer and Appleton. Which isn't a coincidence, a lot of it is down to CKR. The scapegoaters seem unsure of which target to pick at present, Pedersen, Murphy and CKR all on the radar. Be nice to not pick any as they are all massive players for us when confident and enjoying their football.

I think Bradley Orr is a shoe-in for that role for a while.

Managers and coaches value players like Roberts, Kazim-Richards, Kevin Davies, Heskey etc a lot more than fans do. Those types of players contribute a good deal to the ugly tasks in the game, which as much as fans want them to not exist full stop, are things that need doing.

It's weird though, he never used to be one of those players. He used to be a quick and tricky right winger. Have a look at this video:

That's the player I thought we were signing. I'm still wondering whether Appleton plans to put him back out there after we sign DJ Campbell (and get Best back as well).

• Backroom

LeChuck, we're still after Thomas on loan too remember. Assuming we get him too, I think we'll see CKR resume his role up front til Best is ready. Doubt he'll be ready til the season is almost over though.

LeChuck, we're still after Thomas on loan too remember. Assuming we get him too, I think we'll see CKR resume his role up front til Best is ready. Doubt he'll be ready til the season is almost over though.

Thomas on the left and CKR on the right? CKR looks like a world beater in that video! I've never seen Thomas play on the right so that could make sense.

Kean

Orr Dann Hanley Olsson

CKR Murphy Lowe Thomas

Campbell Rhodes

I can't see why Campbell would sign to sit on the bench, he could do that at QPR and could have first team football at almost any Championship club.

I honestly wouldn't compare CKR to Roberts, Davies or Heskey. You're almost guaranteed a shift out of that latter three. CKR picks and chooses when he can be assed to make an effort. The post just reads like a contrived build-up to another swipe at the fans. Never known someone loathe his fellow Rover as much as that guy.

Have to say i was quite impressed for once with CKRs work rate on Saturday. He didn't have a great game and things weren't really going for him but he kept putting it about. Probably first time ive seen him put in a decent shift.

Archived