BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Football Club v Bristol City Football Club – Saturday 2nd February 2013 – Kick Off – 3pm

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bristol City game must have been considered a quite literal 6 pointer!

Just had a look at 5 random sites and everywhere has on on 40 points except the Beeb who think we deserve an extra 3 points. Must have been really impressed by our performance.

Apart from the goals I thought Rhodes did a lot more for the team yesterday. His chest control at the edge of the box laying the ball off was something we haven't seen much of since he arrived. If he can start providing chances for team mates as well as scoring them we will really have a player on our hands.

CKR is a strange one for me. He does seem to have bags of talent but not the application. Also he never looks happy when Rhodes scores. He had an alright game yesterday but I always feel he could bring so much more if he wanted to.

Lastly I would love Appleton to solve the problem we have of letting people get crosses into our box. We seem to have to work so hard to get a cross in but we let people get them in at will against us. Dann and Hanley get abuse for the amount of headed goals we concede but if we stopped the source we could stop a significant number of them.

Good win though onwards and upwards.

CKR is a strange one for me. He does seem to have bags of talent but not the application. Also he never looks happy when Rhodes scores. He had an alright game yesterday but I always feel he could bring so much more if he wanted to.

Maybe there's still some ill-feeling over that penalty earlier in the season where Colotelli snatched the ball off Rhodes and duly missed. With Rhodes taking and scoring the spot kicks since. A bit of the green eyed monster?

On a side note can anyone in the DE yesterday shed any light on the scuffle which had stewards speaking at length to Bristol City fans? I noticed there wasn't a single police officer in sight.

It was nice of Bristol C to bring an extra steward though and stick him in goal!

Spot the keeper:

heatonbpool43213-495892_478x359.jpg

http://m.thisisbristol.co.uk/story.html?aid=18031776

Maybe there's still some ill-feeling over that penalty earlier in the season where Colotelli snatched the ball off Rhodes and duly missed. With Rhodes taking and scoring the spot kicks since. A bit of the green eyed monster?

On a side note can anyone in the DE yesterday shed any light on the scuffle which had stewards speaking at length to Bristol City fans? I noticed there wasn't a single police officer in sight.[/url]

Stuart, it was an non-policed game, we had the same v Brighton and at Ipswich away.

The scuffle started immediately we scored our first goal. The stewards were well and truly laying into the Bristol City supporters, which is one of the risks of un policed games. I guess it was probably down to one or two numpties, too much drink, big mouths and no common sense.....it would never happen with Rovers fans ;-)

Stuart, it was an non-policed game, we had the same v Brighton and at Ipswich away.

The scuffle started immediately we scored our first goal. The stewards were well and truly laying into the Bristol City supporters, which is one of the risks of un policed games. I guess it was probably down to one or two numpties, too much drink, big mouths and no common sense.....it would never happen with Rovers fans ;-)

Ah, thanks.

Cardiff are running away with the league. We are not good enough - if we can bring in Thomas/DJ on loan, and Best is fit, then perhaps....but a false dawn. We are so far removed from the team we were when the Idiots fired Sam.

I can remember Rovers, with less games to play walking this league, we went up through the play offs, it depends on how Cardiff react to a couple of bad results!!

On a side note can anyone in the DE yesterday shed any light on the scuffle which had stewards speaking at length to Bristol City fans? I noticed there wasn't a single police officer in sight.

I was sat in Jack Walker Upper Darwen End side so I had a decent view. I saw the stewards wrestling with and ejecting an away fan. This lead to a number of away fans remonstrating with the stewards. Then it got a bit violent for a brief period from both stewards and away fans.

I could clearly see the 'stewards' giving as good as they got, if not more! Both myself and the 2 mates I was with saw one of the stewards clearly throw a big right hander into the Bristol fans. The stewards looked to game lads and I can only assume they are part of the security firm, and were probably working the doors of Manchester last night! I have never seen a steward throw a punch at a football match before!

I know this is purely hearsay but someone who sits in the Darwen end told me after the game that some Bristol fans tried to climb over the fence into the home area when Rhodes scored, which sparked the stewards into action.

I am not surprised the stewards jumped in. I live in Bristol and a few city fans have a very bad reputation. I was on Sheffield station one day when a gang of about 20 or so City "fans" were being shown onto a train by the boys in blue. This was before kick off time! They weren't all that young either. Needless to say I waited for the next train!

Well done the boys for the victory yesterday. Bragging rights for me for the next year I should think.

I know this is purely hearsay but someone who sits in the Darwen end told me after the game that some Bristol fans tried to climb over the fence into the home area when Rhodes scored, which sparked the stewards into action.

i sit in the darwen end and that's what happened

they did seem an angry bunch the bristol city lot for some reason,they were just 17year old spotty oiks though at a guess they'd have run a mile

i got called a keaner of a little group outside after the game too,very hard of them as i was with my mrs!

i sit in the darwen end and that's what happened

they did seem an angry bunch the bristol city lot for some reason,they were just 17year old spotty oiks though at a guess they'd have run a mile

i got called a keaner of a little group outside after the game too,very hard of them as i was with my mrs!

They caused a load of trouble at Bolton earlier in the season but they took over a thousand to the breezeblock so it was obviously a big day out. Yesterday they looked a bit pathetic bouncing towards the fence, all 10 of em lol althought i think our in house security firm have been waiting to earn their corn for a while. Didn't see them pile into Millwall though when they were getting a bit agitated :)

In spite of what a lot of you say I believe that Kas is an essential to the team at the moment. He is the one who comes away with the ball. He is strong, quick and skillful and most of all he puts himself about and bullies the opponents. He will get on the wrong side of some referees but that's how he plays the game and we need someone like that.

Appleton is no fool and wants him permanently.

In spite of what a lot of you say I believe that Kas is an essential to the team at the moment. He is the one who comes away with the ball. He is strong, quick and skillful and most of all he puts himself about and bullies the opponents. He will get on the wrong side of some referees but that's how he plays the game and we need someone like that.

For £500k, he'd be a bargain but as we have Best back how will we accommodate them both? Kazim is definitely not a good option for the left.

Appleton has definitely been working on the hold up play side of Rhodes' game. He said that in his interview yesterday.

Rhodes certainly isn't the finished article, but he is looking a lot better than when he first came to the club. It's important we don't build our whole style of play around Rhodes, because if the inevitable does happen and he leaves, then it will be difficult to find a striker like him. We need to fit Rhodes into our style of play, not build a side around his qualities. If that makes sense.

Agreed Al. I was surprised to see the poor reviews on here. One thing's for sure, you know if you're playing against him, which can't be said of tto many players in our squad. He's capable of winning a game for us.

We didn't miss Rochina yesterday, did we.

Appleton really doesn't like to make substitutions.

We should have protected Rhodes and CKR but chose to make one substitution with less than 5 minutes to go

He takes players off when they are dead on their feet only/ or playing poor.

To me thats what you want as a player - if your playing well and on a hat-trick then you dont want being taken off.

Part of the reason for lack of changes is that there isnt too much sat on the bench either....I suspect that will change next week when the loan window opens

That's one way to look at it.

But what if CKR received another yellow card when the game was in our favor? And, according to some that witnessed the match he wasn't playing that well...

What if Rhodes got injured in a game we were controlling?

Murphy needs to rest has much as he can and he gets less efective during the game. Any harm on giving Dunn a few minutes of competition in order to have him ready when he is called upon?

I think those were risks that were not necessary to take and we also need other players to be ready to play when they are called to the game.

He takes players off when they are dead on their feet only/ or playing poor.

To me thats what you want as a player - if your playing well and on a hat-trick then you dont want being taken off.

Part of the reason for lack of changes is that there isnt too much sat on the bench either....I suspect that will change next week when the loan window opens

But hes apparently into his sport science, and it will show that certain players are tiring, we are short in certain areas so he needs to save them.

Also, he has only been here for 4 games, we had the likes of Nunes and Gomes on the bench, surely he wants to see if they can contribute to the squad?

I've been relatively impressed by him but this reluctance is a bit of a puzzling one.

Archived