BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Football Club v Bristol City Football Club – Saturday 2nd February 2013 – Kick Off – 3pm

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by us still being on page 7 at the full time whistle, most of us are not here this season!

Well I know Rovers are playing but let's talk about something else seeing as interest has dropped to an all time low today.

The weather is pretty grey here at the moment.

Two comments to make. None about a valuable, comfortable win?

I feel sorry for you. Looks like you're only interested in one thing.

A very workman like display. All put in a shift. Not too many mistakes.

More of the same next time please.

excellent point.

Rovers were solid and workman like performance today.

pleased with the clean sheet aswell.

Rhodes did what he does best score goals.

keep it up.

Appleton's Blue and White Army! :brfc:

Judging by us still being on page 7 at the full time whistle, most of us are not here this season!

who cares what page we are on tbh!!!

Rhodes is a great player for us and all but better than Welbeck?

Im not sure about that.

That wasn't really the point I was making.

My point was Scotland was the best choice for him because they pick their players on merit, bar Kenny Miller, although that's probably for his experience.

England mostly just pick players from the top 6 so Rhodes would either have to perform exceptionally well for at least a couple seasons to get called up, a la Bentley or just play for a top 6 side and get picked regardless, a la Kelly, Henderson, Welbeck etc etc.

Only complaint today was Murphy's passing! Still gives the ball away too often. Otherwise, as has been said, solid, not very inspiring but well fought VICTORY. Can't remember too many of those at Ewood in recent years so I'll ignore the negatives some seem to be seeing and enjoy it.

Good win - regardless of where Bristol are in the league, O'Driscoll has improved them and had 2 decent results before this one.

Solid enough at the back again, apart from Orr who was beaten abit too easy a few times, although to be fair his support from his right winger was also poor at times.

CKR - Frustrating as usual, spends more time moaning that trying to win the ball and also seems to get jealous of Rhodes and starts firing off frustrated shots because he hasnt bagged, rather than looking for his team mates.

Jordan Rhodes - ONCE AGAIN - CLASS act, 2 very well taken goals and hard working throughout.

Another mention id give is Markus Olsson, again worked his socks off on the left wing and again out shone his brother.

Finally good to get another win, another clean sheet and another decent performance by both centre halves who seem to be growing as a unit each game.

Workmanlike seems to be the phrase to describe today's performance.

I like workmanlike - it means honest, solid and dependable, all the virtues we have been lacking for so long.

Hope to see more workmanlike victories now the Fancy Dans have left the club.

I managed to get to the game and was very glad, and pleased to see the performance today.

Thank goodness that City missed two sitters (one each half), however apart from that they were poor.

Rovers impressed with a great work ethic, Murphy was decent as was Peds. Some dreadful passing from Orr and Lowe.

Rhodes = awesome!!!

Well done Appleton and Rovers.

Mr Rhodes, my phone isnt working properly deffo on for Hull will ring you when I get back from Tenerife !

Holiday AGAIN Mr 1864!!!!

Hull away is on if my fight from Isle of Man to Blackpool is on time.

ok pal, look forward to seeing your white bits.

White t!ts ?

We did look hungrier and within a better shape and got more support to Rhodes.

Without the likes of Rochina, Simon and Formica, we looked more direct and as a result much better as a team. I feel getting rid of this kind of players could be the way forward, it tends to be the people who don't attend games who feel they are better than they actually are; they may have the talent but not the effectiveness on matches that they should.

Unlike most I thought Murphy was fine, the pass for the 2nd was excellent, he gives it away sloppily every now and again but he's not as bad as Lowe and Pedersen for that, and he is the one trying to play that telling pass.

Kean - Untested - 6

Orr - Fine, capable of a decent cross - 6

Hanley - Much more dominant aerially than Dann. Very assured - 7

Dann - Again, solid - 6

Martin Olsson - More focused than in recent weeks - 7

Pedersen - Solid enough, clumsy in possession on occassions, went close with a free kick - 6

Murphy - A few misplaced passes, good ball for the 2nd goal, look to play the more adventerous passes, and made a crucial tackle early in the 2nd half - 7

Lowe - Not good in possession, energetic - 6

Markus Olsson - Erratic final ball but a threat - 7

Kazim - Very poor today, back to old 'stroppy' Kazim - 4

Rhodes - Clinical and a few touches will go unnoticed that he did to hold the ball up - 9

Kazim 4(tops!)-pathetic attitude and performance today(other than maybe a 5minute spell in the second half), contributed nothing, slow, sluggish, lazy and childishly sulky.

everybody else 6(mainly for their good work rate), Hanley 7(worked very hard and out muscled their forwards), Rhodes 8(great technique and predatory instincts for both goals, technically the best all round goalscorer I've seen here since maybe Shearer).

CKR - an enigma to me - Charlton he was a 2, today a 5, I thought in the 1st half he put in a shift. 2nd half, 1up he thought it was the CKR show - nice bit of skill down the BE and interchange with MO, but his constant rolling his foot over the ball is irritating and he needs to pass far more quickly. No problem with confidence, but we are mid-table championship!

Kean - Untested - 6

Orr - Fine, capable of a decent cross - 6

Hanley - Much more dominant aerially than Dann. Very assured - 7

Dann - Again, solid - 6

Martin Olsson - More focused than in recent weeks - 7

Pedersen - Solid enough, clumsy in possession on occassions, went close with a free kick - 6

Murphy - A few misplaced passes, good ball for the 2nd goal, look to play the more adventerous passes, and made a crucial tackle early in the 2nd half - 7

Lowe - Not good in possession, energetic - 6

Markus Olsson - Erratic final ball but a threat - 7

Kazim - Very poor today, back to old 'stroppy' Kazim - 4

Rhodes - Clinical and a few touches will go unnoticed that he did to hold the ball up - 9

Fair enough apart from Sadly Orr who I would put at 4. Absolutely dreadful distribution.

Good news.

I like Thomas, think he would be very good for us. Not sure how he did at Leeds though. I know a couple of their fans though so I might try and find out.

He should rip the Championship apart mate. Last time we were there he almost beat Sheffield Wednesday (A) and Boro (A) on his own. He's pretty good in the prem. At that level he's very good. Should work wonders with Rhodes

Archived