BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

Manchester if you must know Bob.

And I thought it was the one's who don't go at the moment who are supposed to be attacking those that do. I'm sticking to my guns as I will not line the Venky coffers.

I may call the situation how it is ....."very grave with a learner at the wheel".... but at least I'm not small minded enough to think people can only have an opinion if they attend matches?

Not having a dig for you not going - at the end of the day it is a personal choice. What I always struggle with is the concept of lining the Venky coffers - do you really think they are making money out of us ? No matter what the attendances they will lose money this season - the £25 for a ticket today is hardly going to register on the debts that Rovers have - though the additional voices may have helped to restore some local pride.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think if the players aren't aware of how important this game is they will be when they step out at an Ewood park a hell of a lot more fuller than they're usually used to.

sadly still doesn't look like there will be many more than 18-20k rovers fans, shame.

Not all people, no, definitely not,

But you, yes, your are blatantly just a fair-weather fan(if ever you where a real fan at all) and your loving having an excuse not go and something to whinge about every 10 minutes(although it does stop you kicking the cat I suppose)..

Yes I missed less than 10 games in 25 years because they were the days it rained. I don't need to justify myself to you. You know nothing about me. I don't enjoy my club being a corrupt laughing stock.

Forum bullies aside I had a dream last night were everything clicked and we battered them 4-0. I dreamed a dream

In a strange sort of a way , there is pressure on Burnley today ..Their fans will expect a win , that can bring its own problems ..

Burnley are a better organised team and have more legs in the team ...

But as Rovers showed at Arsenal , football can be unpredictable , Arsenal thought they just had too turn up ...

If Burnley believe they can win , they will cos in reality we have absolutely nothing to offer ...

0-0 is a good bet , especially if there is doubt in the opposition camp !

No team wants to lose this , I think we Rovers fans are prepared for the worst but what would it to do to the dingles if we won ?

What I always struggle with is the concept of lining the Venky coffers - do you really think they are making money out of us ?

I can see you point but what I always struggle with is the concept that they are still here for anything else?

Enjoyment?

Guilt?

Kudos?

Charity?

Advertising?

Parachute payments?

Every £25 spent by Rovers fans goes into the pot to cover Venkys losses so I can see the sentiment.

The other concept I struggle with is that all these people who gave stopped going because they aren't 'lining Venkys pockets' is the idea that they will all come flooding back with their cash to save the club when Venkys dispose of it.

If it's simply a matter of principle, maybe all the abstainers could give their ticket money to the Roves Trust? I suspect, for many, a lack of money (or priority) to afford tickets is more the reason but pride means they use other excuses, e.g. Kean, Venkys.

I may be wrong (hopefully) but when fans are gone, they're gone.

Meanwhile, for those who wanted to show Venkys what our attendances could have been, today may do just that. We'll probably add 7k to published numbers but in reality double the attendance from recent games.

hahaha(bless you yer lickle victim you), You know nothing about anybody on here, yet you criticise pretty much everybody on here.

Enjoy your day trolling around the Trafford Centre(or wherever) with all the other spendaholic drones, throwing away your money to the same kind of corporate entities that are similar(if not worst) than venkys that you say you don't want to fund.

O sorry i'm being presumptuous, i'm sure your actually going to spend the day at the science and history museum(which is a great place)

Bacon sandwiches and loud music in the Gav household at the moment.

Its derby day folks, let have the b******s!

Gav - let's hope for 3 points.

Clearly means a lot to you.

Above all, I simply hope for a safe, peaceful day for every single person involved from police to stewards.

My personal view is that all this rivalry goes too far and is nonsense.

Enjoy your day.

hahaha(bless you yer lickle victim you), You know nothing about anybody on here, yet you criticise pretty much everybody on here.

Enjoy your day trolling around the Trafford Centre(or wherever) with all the other spendaholic drones, throwing away your money to the same kind of corporate entities that are similar(if not worst) than venkys that you say you don't want to fund.

O sorry i'm being presumptuous, i'm sure your actually going to spend the day at the science and history museum(which is a great place)

Are you for real? I don't criticise forum members but fck me you sure do. Little man syndrome? Going t'lakes now instead. Well out of bitter stalker range. I'll put you on ignore now and I hope you do the same......if you can bear to be parted from me ;). Better for everyone and healthier for you to make a clean break. ttfn xx

Above all, I simply hope for a safe, peaceful day for every single person involved from police to stewards.

Enjoy your day.

God Bless us every one.

C'mon Merce cheer up. If you can't get a bit excited now derby day is here then what's the point?

Who is this aimed at?

In a strange sort of a way , there is pressure on Burnley today ..Their fans will expect a win , that can bring its own problems ..

Burnley are a better organised team and have more legs in the team ...

But as Rovers showed at Arsenal , football can be unpredictable , Arsenal thought they just had too turn up ...

If Burnley believe they can win , they will cos in reality we have absolutely nothing to offer ...

0-0 is a good bet , especially if there is doubt in the opposition camp !

No team wants to lose this , I think we Rovers fans are prepared for the worst but what would it to do to the dingles if we won ?

*Don't you mean more fingers?

Are you for real? I don't criticise forum members but fck me you sure do. Little man syndrome? Going t'lakes now instead. Well out of bitter stalker range. I'll put you on ignore now and I hope you do the same......if you can bear to be parted from me ;). Better for everyone and healthier for you to make a clean break. ttfn xx

hehe, yes its true, I do love you(can you handle that kind of positivity)

Enjoy your day.

It should mean a lot to every Rovers fan of a certain age which includes you mercer, those idiots in Pune will never break that derby day feeling no matter what they do.

Lets av em!

God Bless us every one.

C'mon Merce cheer up. If you can't get a bit excited now derby day is here then what's the point?

Hey, I am really looking forward to the match but in the right spirit.

A touch delicate this morning as spent last night, and the early hours of this morning, with some Burnley friends and wives. The craic was great and we all left by wishing one another luck !

National coverage. Radio 5 live Sports Extra. Featured match. Full commentary. We're 3 points off drop zone, 2 games in hand. But now only 20-1 against, Oddschecker, to go down. If we had no manager at all, with players as good as Best and Rhodes, we'd stay up. But we have Appleton.

Who is this aimed at?

sorry, aimed at b&w army.

sorry, I just cant help winding the miserable old whinger up when I see his usual diatribe on every thread.

M65 services sighting:

Dingle convoy on its way from the Land That Time Forgot.

TN_rom-01.JPG

Very Retro(very dingle!)

• Backroom

Jones as resident bulldog and Dunn representing the fans! Come on boys!

Btw, just re: appletons comments about lowe and hanley (w/o mentioning peds) I'm sure it's more to do with those two putting tackles in AND having grown up with the club.

Would hope that lowe is rb and kane on bench.

It should mean a lot to every Rovers fan of a certain age which includes you mercer, those idiots in Pune will never break that derby day feeling no matter what they do.

Lets av em!

Lets av em!

Thank goodness there is still passion on here. Lets have 1 day where we focus exclusively on the rivalry and leave the doom and gloom for another day. For those still not feeling it, im sure there are plenty of youtube clips that will get you in the mood. Playing these b#stards means as much today as its always done. And image if Rovers worst ever side still beats them .

Archived