BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

So the news has sunk in and I'm trying to make sense of it all. Although surprised, I can see why they sacked him. I don't think it's the correct decision.

However, they were probably wondering where the next win was coming from because we weren't looking like winning a game anytime soon. What happens if we lose the next 2 or 3 and find ourselves in the bottom 3? I think most of us would have said he'd have to go. We simply cannot afford to be relegated.

Venkys had to weigh up the short term against the long term. Short term, form was terrible and looking like genuine relegation candidates. Long term, Appleton had a proper structure in place. Venkys clearly thought they couldn't take the risk of our current form continuing and possibly end up getting relegated.

Personally, I think he would have got the required points to stay up but Venkys weren't prepared to take the risk.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could accept the sacking more if it didn't mean that the muppet singh(and his merry men) are likely going to be back in the driving seat, I just want the 3 them gone and the owners to at least sit down and listen to some of the people that have been offering them help ie. Wayne wild, the Ian's..

So the news has sunk in and I'm trying to make sense of it all. Although surprised, I can see why they sacked him. I don't think it's the correct decision.

However, they were probably wondering where the next win was coming from because we weren't looking like winning a game anytime soon. What happens if we lose the next 2 or 3 and find ourselves in the bottom 3? I think most of us would have said he'd have to go. We simply cannot afford to be relegated.

Venkys had to weigh up the short term against the long term. Short term, form was terrible and looking like genuine relegation candidates. Long term, Appleton had a proper structure in place. Venkys clearly thought they couldn't take the risk of our current form continuing and possibly end up getting relegated.

Personally, I think he would have got the required points to stay up but Venkys weren't prepared to take the risk.

Pity they didn't take the same view with Kean !

We might have still been in the PL.

Also, they're probably looking at the fact that, 45 minutes against Peterborough aside, his signings have failed and contributed absolutely nothing to the cause.

If they're to provide transfer funds in the summer then I can see why they'd be scared of having Appleton still in charge.

It will be interesting to see if Murphy, a Bowyer favourite, and Dunny appear in the team together. Will Dann keep the captaincy? Will any of Appleton's signings get picked. Does Givet figure in the plans? Could be plenty of damaged egos in the next 2 weeks.

It will be interesting to see if Murphy, a Bowyer favourite, and Dunny appear in the team together. Will Dann keep the captaincy? Will any of Appleton's signings get picked. Does Givet figure in the plans? Could be plenty of damaged egos in the next 2 weeks.

This is the part that worries me. There are going to be a lot of noses put out of joint, and also the squad will be losing heart playing under this many gaffers. Also a lot of Appleton signings in the squad, what on earth will they think? Will they put a shift in under a new guy? I just hope they play for Bowyer as they did last time, because if they can't be arsed then we'll be kicking off next season in league one, make no bones about it.

Wasnt happy with Appleton, but he wasnt given long enough, to prove himself.

As a fan base we need to unite and get behind a campaign to get Venkys out of Rovers. We simply cannot move anywhere but backwards under them.

Pity they didn't take the same view with Kean !

We might have still been in the PL.

Perhaps that's why they've gone the complete opposite and been trigger happy this season. They had blind faith in Kean and were essentially conned by him to give him time and he'd build something special. They stuck by him and look what he did!

They don't have any idea what approach to take.

Sacking Appleton was a tough decision. I'd have stuck with him but if we'd lost the next few then I'd have got rid because we simple cannot get relegated regardless of how good his vision is. It's just a shame we aren't a few points better off and safely in mid table. I believe the owners would have given him more time to implement his long term strategy.

Murphy's lack of commitment for the club and his wife's remarks should hopefully mean he is kept well clear of the club. Hope if he does get the chance that he wouldn't get any support from the fans.

Interestingly, his best form came under Bowyer. He'll be back in the team under Bowyer.

Rovers11, you have changed your tune a little? Now saying that you can see why they sacked him etc?

Also you give them too much credit with regards to the reasoning for the sacking. They just don't have the first clue and that's the problem, being poorly advised time and time again. As I said earlier you just cannot second guess this mob. Bowyer will probably not survive the month.

If Dunny's last minute shot went a foot to the right, would people still be saying that this is a bad decision?

That's a great post. Or if the linesman had spotted one of our 7 players in an offside position? I think you're right, certainly a few more "good, the useless swine" type remarks anyway.

I think today will be looked back upon as the day Rovers died.

I honestly don't know where we go from here.

A club divided from top to bottom and today's sacking, in my view, makes relegation more inevitable.

IMO, the stench from Pune and Ewood is getting nastier by the day and I don't see any way forward until we hit rock bottom and we are nowhere near rock bottom yet !

• Backroom

Rovers11, you have changed your tune a little? Now saying that you can see why they sacked him etc?

Also you give them too much credit with regards to the reasoning for the sacking. They just don't have the first clue and that's the problem, being poorly advised time and time again. As I said earlier you just cannot second guess this mob. Bowyer will probably not survive the month.

Last time wasn't he given until the end of the month, then Appleton hired a few days later?

• Backroom

Pretty much DE. I remember it caught us all by surprise anyway. I'd be willing to bet that he won't see out the season anyway.

We'll have Adkins by then ;).

Has he shaved his head?

Archived