BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

• Backroom

Maybe they'll strap him to a chair the week before he's hired and force him to watch Steve Kean interviews over and over again to ensure he knows exactly what to say to the media too.

Positive...

Positive......

POSITIVE

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Dunny's last minute shot went a foot to the right, would people still be saying that this is a bad decision?

Great question, Problem is (myself included) get very emotional with the derby and that probably makes it hard to make a rational decision.

Another good question to ask is will we get anyone better? If the answer is no then we shouldn't get rid.

To me Appleton of late was probably scoring a 3 or 4 out of 10. Problem is I can't see us appointing any manger above a 2 out of 10.

• Backroom

If Dunny's last minute shot went a foot to the right, would people still be saying that this is a bad decision?

Alternatively if Kings header went in off the post v Millwall and we were on our way to Wembley would people have been more appeased?

Just got home from work , heard the news on Keys and Gray show ..

The correct decision in my view , thought he was a safe pair of hands but recent results have proved he is anything but !

If anything , I would have sacked him 5 minutes after the season ended ...

The football served up during his tenure was mind numbing the worst I have seen in 44 years of watching !

His judgment of a footballer is poor , the loan signings apart from possibly Jones are shocking ...Bentley may come good if he can get some games played but the others begger belief ..I don;t count Kane he was not signed by Appleton originally ,,,,

How did he get the job ? He was a no mark manager ,the people who employed him , Agnew and Shaw should now fall on their respective swords .

Singh should just disappear from which ever hole he appeared from ...

Who next ?

Aleksandr the Meerkat assisted by Sergei

Regardless of what you think of Appleton this is just way way beyond farce, to bring him in, give him the freedom to make so many changes behind the scenes/employ his own coaches and move players in and out But then not have the Balls to stand bye him when things aren't going well is just cowardly and pathetic.

Its now pretty much certain for me that the main reason he's not being getting results lately after a promising start(Berg parallel) is simply because of the poisonousness little rat Singh(and his group of cheerleaders) staring things and undermining his every decision behind his back, you could say he was only doing what Agnew&Shaw did to him after Bergs appointment(but that only further shows what childish self serving vindictive parasites we have running this club), im sure it wont be long before Singh(and his support group) start with there ridiculous statements again, if they haven't already(ive only just got home, haven't had a good read around yet)

And also I think Danny Murphy's exile has played a decisive part in Appleton's sacking, They both have similar lengths of time left on their contracts but which one is cheaper to sack/release?- Appleton by a mile id assume, So largely another financial decision made ahead of what's best for the club

I'm done with following rovers on-going and this site(I'm sure most will be glad to hear), ill carry on going to the occasional game to get my footy fix and support the team(if they're putting the effort in!) but I'm done with reading about the daily BS that goes on at the club and having petty pointless squabbles with the same old people on here.

already seeing the usually members here gloating as they have been waiting for this moment since the moment he was hired, again pathetic.

p.s. I think shabby minge has only ever had 1 person he wants to be Manager and that's Tim Sherwood(wouldn't be surprised if he was the 1st person approached again in the summer)

That damned Shebby gets everywhere - I am sure I saw him whispering in Dann and Hanley's ear - keep lumping it forward onto Shittu's head - he will get a headache at some point.

I very much doubt that MA would have suffered for Shebby interference - the reason we had a good start is we played some poor teams - as soon as we played anyone half decent the wheels came off. He knew how to set us up to defend - but as soon as we conceded the game was up.

Murphy's contract being a reason for getting rid of MA - get real.

Probably need more options, like

Agree with sacking but not the timing

Don't care anymore I give up etc

Don't agree with sacking because he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

That's my vote.

What a pity so many hated to be proven wrong and carried out a stupid vendetta against him isn't it? The old saying 'You live and learn' may be deemed a truism but it certainly isn't in Blackburn is it?

I was going to rise to the bait but debs has rained me in, bloody lefty:

"Its not appropriate to call him that, you're lowering yourself to his level, even though he is a ****"

We should go out for a beer one night Gordon.

Voted No.

It's just madness. 15 games. 15 bloody games. One win from an FA Cup semi final. With Venky's in charge Sir Alex Ferguson would have been shown the door at United early on. They might have lost patience with King Kenny when we had that very sticky spell before we won promotion through the play offs. What would the odds on that have been I wonder?!??! They might also have sacked Kean as well at some stage, possibly after his first incompetent six months - if the football truly mattered to them, but no, they let him RESIGN after he had us relegated and lost the club a small fortune whilst buying crap players and paying over inflated transfer and Agents fees. What a good man that Kean was.

Yes the football has been crap, yes it's getting a bit worrying to say the least - but where will it end? Any manager needs time - and support from the Board room. Fat chance of that at BRFC it would appear. Who next for the "hot seat"? Judan sodding Ali? Some other puppet who will allow Shebby to resume opening his ridiculous mouth again, spouting his idiotic cringeworthy garbage to anyone and everyone who will listen?

How much is this all costing, paying up of contracts every three months? Thank heavens we have people we can trust and truly care about the football club in charge eh. A bottomless pot of chicken money to throw at running a 138 year old institution into the ground. For no other reason other than their sheer stupidity? I don't think so.

Did you think Rovers were right to get rid of Ince after 17 games ?

Personally would have given him longer - but his record over the last eight matches probably justifies the decision. As mentioned by other posters - it was the decision to appoint yet another rookie manager in the first place that was the problem. The other issue is confidence in them to finally make a decent appointment. At least with John Williams - we had a good degree of confidence that if he got it wrong - he would get it right the next time (see Ince followed by Allardyce)

No one is "gloating." But it comes as no surprise that those putting their "optimism" and trust in Venkys have to eat their words time and time again. All that "appy if you know it" nonsense and how he was bringing in "solid experienced premiership players" - on loan mind you. How we had "structure." There are those who can see the disasters coming a mile away and pray and hope that things change for the better, and then there are others, many on here it seems, who ignore all evidence to the contrary and clap along happy and blind until a cold shower of kean hits them like this morning.

We must unite to force Venkys out. There is no alternative. It doesn't matter who they appoint next - any progress will be a temporary delusion. Venkys are too incompetent to run a football club, it's as simple as that.

Never forget they drove John Williams out.

• Backroom

Don't agree with sacking because he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

That's my vote.

This would have been my vote, also. Never thought he was the right man in the first place. He nearly won me over early on, I have to admit. Made all the right noises, dropped consistently under-performing players, got a couple of decent results under his belt... but then it all went to pot. Alarm bells started ringing for me when Bradley Orr was brought back. It showed a distinct lack of judgement on Appleton's part which became a theme of his short tenure.

Did you think Rovers were right to get rid of Ince after 17 games ?

Personally would have given him longer - but his record over the last eight matches probably justifies the decision. As mentioned by other posters - it was the decision to appoint yet another rookie manager in the first place that was the problem. The other issue is confidence in them to finally make a decent appointment. At least with John Williams - we had a good degree of confidence that if he got it wrong - he would get it right the next time (see Ince followed by Allardyce)

Big difference. There were no positives under Ince. Equally the squad that Ince inherited was far better than the one Appleton inherited. Oh, and there's the minor detail of the current off field chaos as oppose to being a well run club. Added to which Ince got a preseason with the team under his belt.

Not saying Appleton is the right man for the job, but a couple more games would've given a clearer picture. Besides which we're not going to get anyone better which makes sacking him all the more foolish.

• Backroom

For those trying to say I told you so (just not in so many words) it was poor at the moment but we'll never know how it would have turned out, he may have continued the downward slump or he may have turned it around, he hasn't had one game with all options available (one game Williamson was available we beat Arsenal away and Dave Jones has played two and a half games and we have looked better for having him in) nor a full weeks training uninterrupted.

Anyway we'll just never know for sure no matter what folk say but good luck to him and Darren Moore, we may well see them in a league higher than we are soon enough with these owners.

Jesus wept.

So any new manager has a poor run of eight games, you'll be shouting for his head :blink:

Did you watch the football we played - even the matches we won (with the exception of Derby - which could have been different if they had taken some early chances) were close run things. Sorry - the football was dire - don't get me wrong I possibly would have given him a little longer - but his approach left a lot to be desired.

I was going to rise to the bait but debs has rained me in, bloody lefty:

"Its not appropriate to call him that, you're lowering yourself to his level, even though he is a ****"

We should go out for a beer one night Gordon.

Can I come. I'll just listen...;)

Reading TJ's post above highlights the problems we have faced as fans for the last two years. I have seen our own fans fighting and threatening each other over the turmoils at the club. It was a pity we could not unite early in Kean's reign and get shut and we have all had differing opinions ever since. We all love the club, somehow we need to do more, but I have felt so helpless for so long and haven't a clue where to start.

I wanted MA gone as this is the worst time of the season to be in such shocking form and I believe there was a serious chance of going down, as we simply could not score any goals. But I wanted him to succeed very much when he first arrived, even though there is a good argument to state he should never even have been interviewed.

All of it has been shocking and disgraceful for longer than I care to remember.

Big difference. There were no positives under Ince. Equally the squad that Ince inherited was far better than the one Appleton inherited. Oh, and there's the minor detail of the current off field chaos as oppose to being a well run club. Added to which Ince got a preseason with the team under his belt.

Not saying Appleton is the right man for the job, but a couple more games would've given a clearer picture. Besides which we're not going to get anyone better which makes sacking him all the more foolish.

I will give you some of the points - especially about a pre-season. However quality of squad is relative - we couldn't beat bottom 3 Peterboro at home - or even bottom of the form table Millwall over two FA Cup matches. Even Burnley were in poor form when we played them. Ince had a better squad - but was playing against far better quality opposition.

Archived