BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

I was going to rise to the bait but debs has rained me in, bloody lefty:

"Its not appropriate to call him that, you're lowering yourself to his level, even though he is a ****"

We should go out for a beer one night Gordon.

I've no probs with that Gav. Just two conditions....

1. If we are going to talk about football don't bring er indoors cos I wont be bringing mine.

and

2. Do you mind if I call you 'Grasshopper'?

Sorry 3!

3. Don't forget your wallet. :tu:

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I come. I'll just listen...;)

Reading TJ's post above highlights the problems we have faced as fans for the last two years. I have seen our own fans fighting and threatening each other over the turmoils at the club. It was a pity we could not unite early in Kean's reign and get shut and we have all had differing opinions ever since. We all love the club, somehow we need to do more, but I have felt so helpless for so long and haven't a clue where to start.

I wanted MA gone as this is the worst time of the season to be in such shocking form and I believe there was a serious chance of going down, as we simply could not score any goals. But I wanted him to succeed very much when he first arrived, even though there is a good argument to state he should never even have been interviewed.

All of it has been shocking and disgraceful for longer than I care to remember.

The "place to start" imo is the Trust. All rovers fans should be members imo including Brag ( I'm sure many are members of both).

Lets stop speculating about Singh's role or Shaw and concentrate on the ones who have really been to blame from Day One------Venkys.

We may be sold in summer----good. But Venkys may hang on far longer until there is absolutely nothing left.

It'll then be the fans who have to pick up whatever pieces are left and put them back together.

The "place to start" imo is the Trust. All rovers fans should be members imo including Brag ( I'm sure many are members of both).

Lets stop speculating about Singh's role or Shaw and concentrate on the ones who have really been to blame from Day One------Venkys.

We may be sold in summer----good. But Venkys may hang on far longer until there is absolutely nothing left.

It'll then be the fans who have to pick up whatever pieces are left and put them back together.

Ok, 47er, I agree. Let's have it out with Venkys.

Right, where do we start?

• Backroom

Check out the twitter conversations and tweets from 2 days ago by:

@chelseaferera

@AndyRotham

@bayu_enforcer

JUDAN ALI.... please god no

Timing of these tweets is frightening.

If Judan Ali was appointed that would be it for me.

Best description of Appleton I saw was he looked like a simpleton bloke who had got a managers coat at Sports Direct, got bus to Pleasington to watch his pub team but found out they were actually playing up Blacksnape so stayed and watched another match instead

^_^ I'd go with that meadows.

Check out the twitter conversations and tweets from 2 days ago by:

@chelseaferera

@AndyRotham

@bayu_enforcer

JUDAN ALI.... please god no

Timing of these tweets is frightening.

Zero credibility for me. Some folk still think this is about racism. :rolleyes:

@AndyRotham: @bayu_enforcer @Chelseaferera give JA the chance! the people dont like the indian owners or british asians here in football! its obvious

• Backroom

With Shebby very likely to be involved in hiring the new manager then I am fully prepared to be underwhelmed. It would not be a surprise to me if Shebby becomes a director of football type figure and someone bought in to work under him.

Do you think Judan Ali or Peter Taylor are in the picture, as rumoured last time?

I've no probs with that Gav. Just two conditions....

1. If we are going to talk about football don't bring er indoors cos I wont be bringing mine.

and

2. Do you mind if I call you 'Grasshopper'?

Sorry 3!

3. Don't forget your wallet. :tu:

Well thats 3 conditions, and you claimed we'd actually beaten burnley earlier??? so debs is right, I should go easy on you.

Beers on me.

With Shebby very likely to be involved in hiring the new manager then I am fully prepared to be underwhelmed. It would not be a surprise to me if Shebby becomes a director of football type figure and someone bought in to work under him.

That why I wouldnt be surprise to see Bowyer become First Team Head Coach with Shebby as DoF.

cant see many managers being happy with that.

maybe Querioz or McClaren would be happy with this.

wont get a Adkins with that arrangement

• Backroom

It is hard to say who is in the picture.

For now I think Gary Bowyer will remain incharge for the last 9 games and then they will review things in May.

But they get confused in May

You can imagine the power struggle in January...

SS: C'mon B, me and Judan can fix this.

DS: No, SS messed up the Berg thing, it's our turn, bright young thing at Blackpool is what we need.

BR: One of the new illuminations? They were good last year.

DS: No, Michael Appleton

BR: Ah, yes. Well he's right Shebby, it is their turn.

SS: Fine. Give it 15 games. If we aren't in the play-off places he's a goner.

All: Fine.

(15 games later, phone rings on Pune).

SS: B? Shebby here. Are we good to go with the SS and JA show now?

BR: Snoogans.

Will you be ditching the Daily Mail and taking a proper paper in future then matey ?

Have I missed something here? I can't do with the Daily Mail... in fact I dislike most Daily's but it's the Gruniad that was guilty of being inaccurate, and is the most tedious and boring heavily agenda'd read on the planet. Decent sport coverage tthough.

Archived